Most Disturbing Moment In A Film

Comments

• marjanglesmarjangles Posts: 9,623
    Forum Member
    Several scenes in Pan's Labyrinth got me but in particular the scene where the evil captain stoves the face of the young trespasser guy in with the bottom of the bottle early on was the worst one.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The scene in Pan's Labyrinth where one of the guirillas gets his face smashed in with a bottle
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    omg didnt realise poster above me had put the same! ALso the pale man in the film was quite eery
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only scene that ever disturbed me was in Cannibal Holocaust, the scene where they cut up the turtle. Far worse than any prosthetic penis removal (which was also in the same film) :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The slashing scene in Clockwork Orange
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole of Requiem for a Dream.
  • Martin BlankMartin Blank Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, Requiem stays with you for a long time...

...that arm...SICK.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    The only scene that ever disturbed me was in Cannibal Holocaust, the scene where they cut up the turtle. Far worse than any prosthetic penis removal (which was also in the same film) :)

Seen that films also, the end of the film is that brutal and the special effects that realistic, (the film was made in the late 1970`s I think), could make you believe that what you are seeing is a Snuff film and not a horror......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the bit in Annie Hall when Woody Allen boils the lobsters. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most of the scenes in 'The Passion of the Christ'. :eek: :eek: :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marjangles wrote: »
    Several scenes in Pan's Labyrinth got me but in particular the scene where the evil captain stoves the face of the young trespasser guy in with the bottom of the bottle early on was the worst one.

I was just going to say that- I actually flinch at that scene.

Ooh Captain Vidal scares me so much!

:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    The castration scene in "Hard Candy" - I am not at all squeemish usually, so was suprised when I had to run out of the cinema to be physically sick during this scene. Great film though.

Bits of "Stigmata" weren't great - I can't stand actually seeing self-harm in films, like when Glenn Close shows her wrists to Michael Douglas in "Fatal Attraction" and that woman snipping away at something in the kitchen in "Sixth Sense", then she turns around revealing she was cutting open her wrists screaming "look what you made me do!" Nasty stuff!

Also a nasty scene where Ed Norton makes the guy bite the side of the road kerb in "American History X" before stamping on the back of his head.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    the scenes in Nil By Mouth,wh.ere a drug fuelled Ray Wintone sets about Kathy Burke,truly disturbing,but brilliantly acted,How scary is Ben Kingsley in Sexy Beast even big Ray is wary of him. Two absolutley fantastic movies though!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    The scene in Itchi the Killer where the gangster pours hot oil over the guy who's already hanging up by hooks ... I watch some weird films.
  • BeanGBeanG Posts: 1,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone seen the Grey Zone with David Arquette and Harvey Keitel??
  • isabelle304isabelle304 Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    ok how about the ear-cutting scene in Reservoir Dogs? :eek::eek: I've seen the film 3 times now and each time this scene comes on I have to turn away and not watch it. :(

Also... the exploding heads in Scanners :eek::eek::eek:

The autopsy scene in The Thing :eek:

... and the nail-popping hand in The Fury :eek::eek:

(Better stop... am putting myself off my dinner ;))
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The film Scum.

Need I say more. Didn't sleep well for weeks!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,846
    Forum Member
    The brainwashing scene in A Clockwork Orange. I hate things with eyes, and seeing Alex's eyes being kept open made me feel sick.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    The Knife fight scene in "Saving Private Ryan", where the German soldier stabs the American in the heart and looks into his eyes as he dies, always makes me cringe, as does the scene where the medic dies ( "My Liver !" ) . . . . .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    The nude fight in Borat between Borat and his manager. Quite disturbing.
  • rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    ^I first saw Borat on a plane, and when it was on i reacting out loud and getting embarassed for him out loud.....he has a lot of guts to do that i think.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The film Scum.

Need I say more. Didn't sleep well for weeks!

I guess there have been more sustained violent scenes in cinema history, but few can match the impact and menace of the "snooker balls" episode in Scum. The film is tough viewing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole of 4 Months, 3 Weeks & 2 Days. :cry:

It's almost too painful to watch at times.
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    the scenes in Nil By Mouth,wh.ere a drug fuelled Ray Wintone sets about Kathy Burke,truly disturbing,but brilliantly acted

I was literally shaking after watching this, it was terifying and so real.
    There's another couple of violent scenes which really disturbed me, one is in What's love got to do with it where Ike assaults Tina, and in Once were warriors, there are some savage scenes where he beats up his wife. I have no stomach for violence and these three scenes still make me wince when I think about them.

In recent times there's a scene in The Last King of Scotland, where he avenges his cheating wife, in a barbaric way, I nearly threwup watching it, and the stoning scene in the Kite Runner I couldn't watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    IRREVERISBLE - most of the film - but in particular the 15min rape scene and the opening where the man gets his head smashed in (one shot no cutaway shots). sick