Windows Phone 8 - Parental control etc

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
Forum Member
Hi,

My daughter currently has a BlackBerry 9300 3G Curve.

We have set it up with the parental controls that locks out the app store and the web browser so she cant be silly. We also use an app and web interface called 'mobiflock' that can be used to:
  • Locate the phone
  • Copies SMS's to the web interface (ingoing and outgoing)
  • Call records (who she called and when, who called her and when)
  • Syncs the phone book and can then block people from making incoming and outgoing contact.

It does this for free.

Are there any Apps available on WP8 that can do this or similar?

She likes the windows phones and with the new 620 due soon at a good price, I was going to get that but cant seem to find anything to help us 'monitor' her usage.

Many thanks. :-)

Comments

• IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WP8 has a "Kids Corner" that allows to configure what will be available for a child using the phone. Try googling it to see what it exactly entails. I saw it in the settings, but did not need to use it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a quick look and it's more about what part of a parent's phone a child can use. I was not able to even add the phone and text part there. But perhaps there's another way without Kids corner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    IvanIV wrote: »
    I had a quick look and it's more about what part of a parent's phone a child can use. I was not able to even add the phone and text part there. But perhaps there's another way without Kids corner.

I had seen kids corner, its so you can hand your kid your phone to play with and it locks out everything except what you allow.

Getting an android is a safer bet, lots of apps to use, mobiflock works with android and then there is cerburus too.

But, she likes WP, or at least likes the look of it.... kids eh?

LOL
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tomo1971 wrote: »
    Hi,

My daughter currently has a BlackBerry 9300 3G Curve.

We have set it up with the parental controls that locks out the app store and the web browser so she cant be silly. We also use an app and web interface called 'mobiflock' that can be used to:
      [1]Locate the phone [2]Copies SMS's to the web interface (ingoing and outgoing) [3]Call records (who she called and when, who called her and when) [4]Syncs the phone book and can then block people from making incoming and outgoing contact.

It does this for free.

Are there any Apps available on WP8 that can do this or similar?

She likes the windows phones and with the new 620 due soon at a good price, I was going to get that but cant seem to find anything to help us 'monitor' her usage.

Many thanks. :-)

1 - Windows Phone has a find my phone feature.
    2 - My understanding is that this is a new feature to WP8 (I don't have a WP8 so can't check for you)
    3 - Call log is pretty much standard on all phones for last ten years.
    4 - The address book is sync'd to her microsoft account, not sure about blocking people from contacting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    TheBigM wrote: »
    1 - Windows Phone has a find my phone feature.
    2 - My understanding is that this is a new feature to WP8 (I don't have a WP8 so can't check for you)
    3 - Call log is pretty much standard on all phones for last ten years.
    4 - The address book is sync'd to her microsoft account, not sure about blocking people from contacting.

I mean that numbers 1 to 4 are features of the mobiflock web page.

IE, her call logs are transfered to the web page, regardless of her deleting them.

Likewise the address book is copied across and those numbers or names can be blocked/unblocked from the web interface.

Think Ill just have to say no, and get a 'droid
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pity, there's not enough people eager to try WP8 and here's one having Android forced on them :D