Options

If everyone on this forum who doesn't like the Boyle.....

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,476
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Agreed to all vote for the same, different act on the night of the final, firstly would it work and stop her winning? And secondly who would that other act be?

Comments

• Options
    skreepersskreepers Posts: 1,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diversity! But it won't work, there are too many sheep in the GBP
  • Options
    rated_2000rated_2000 Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boyle has already won, its a fix weather she wins the vote or not
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    i think its a fix that she wont win - to predictable
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,677
    Forum Member
    waste of time and money.

boyle has this show in the bag, no matter how badly she sings.

people are addicted to weeping tears of grateful joy, joy that they aren't susan boyle mainly, but they're also addicted to standing ovations for performances that are barely adequate and they THINK that somehow, simon cowell is in awe of susan boyle.

susan boyle has won this show because people will buy into this tacky fairy story in their millions. welcome to the dumbed-down world.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    popalong wrote: »
    Agreed to all vote for the same, different act on the night of the final, firstly would it work and stop her winning? And secondly who would that other act be?

If it's close between two acts, then it could, but it's a forum with a few hundred regular posters at best, so I'd say the effect would be negligable.

Don't forget, millions vote.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davinawho wrote: »
    waste of time and money.

boyle has this show in the bag, no matter how badly she sings.

people are addicted to weeping tears of grateful joy, joy that they aren't susan boyle mainly, but they're also addicted to standing ovations for performances that are barely adequate and they THINK that somehow, simon cowell is in awe of susan boyle.

susan boyle has won this show because people will buy into this tacky fairy story in their millions. welcome to the dumbed-down world.

Clearly they are blind then. How could anyone who saw Simon's face during that semi final performance honestly think he is in awe of her? He looked clearly disappointed to me, although not as disappointed as he looked when Amanda buzzed Jamie :D
  • Options
    VientreVientre Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldnt get so many people to agree to vote for the same act, everyone would have their own ideas.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    popalong wrote: »
    Clearly they are blind then. How could anyone who saw Simon's face during that semi final performance honestly think he is in awe of her? He looked clearly disappointed to me, although not as disappointed as he looked when Amanda buzzed Jamie :D

I thought his face was more then: 'Oh what a surprise :rolleyes::D' :D
  • Options
    ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    There won't be that many on here to influence it.

I guess the reason why she will win is that the media have built her up so everyone has heard of her and thinks she is wonderful. And the people who don't like her will split votes to other acts. She'll win.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    I don't think she's got it in the bag at all. I've asked at least a dozen people in my office what they think - people of all ages, none of them forum addicts and none of them want her to win.

I think whatever charm or novelty value Susan Boyle had has now been spent and if she wins it'll be on the strength of her performance on the night and nothing else. Just my £0.02 worth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wwarby wrote: »
    I don't think she's got it in the bag at all. I've asked at least a dozen people in my office what they think - people of all ages, none of them forum addicts and none of them want her to win.

I think whatever charm or novelty value Susan Boyle had has now been spent and if she wins it'll be on the strength of her performance on the night and nothing else. Just my £0.02 worth.
    I think you're right about most people getting fed up with her, but do they feel strongly enough to vote for another act to show their lack of support for her?

As has been mentioned above, most people will vote for other acts, splitting the vote in such small numbers that she will still win with a huge majority, but if the majority of people who didn't want to see her win agreed upon one single act to vote for instead of her, then just maybe it would make a difference.

Obviously, as said above, this is just a forum of a few hundred who are against her winning, but in this internet age it surely can't be impossible to spread the message to the rest of the UK :D