Options

X Factor UK 2013:- 10th Anniversary Promo 1 - X Factor MASH UP!

13»

Comments

• Options
    KnowAll27KnowAll27 Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diana's the only notable omission for me. Of all the non-winners featured she's arguably had as much or more success than Misha, Amelia and Union J, and of all the names mentioned as being omitted (especially Matt, Leon, Steve, Rebecca and Diana) she's the only one whose post-show releases would fit the track. I would assume they started with What Makes You Beautiful as the track (it and Bleeding Love are probably two of the, if not the top two, most successful X Factor contestant tracks worldwide), and then fitted the vocal edits on top of it. The occasional inserts of Swagger Jagger fit nicely, and the 'drop out' for No Promises works purely because it's a one-off. I think Once or The Boy Who Murdered Love would have slotted in quite nicely.

I've noticed that of the winners featured, none of their Winner's Songs were used - so if we take Against All Odds, When You Believe and When We Collide out of the running, what songs from Steve, Leon and Matt should have been used on the track? The 'drop-out' for Shayne worked, but it wouldn't have worked a second time (I also would have left a few more seconds before Harry's vocals came in after Shayne's bit but that's not really the point/issue of this post).

I also can't think of any Rebecca Ferguson tracks that would have worked on the track either (I can only think of 2 Rebecca Ferguson songs to be honest).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    KnowAll27 wrote: »
    Diana's the only notable omission for me. Of all the non-winners featured she's arguably had as much or more success than Misha, Amelia and Union J, and of all the names mentioned as being omitted (especially Matt, Leon, Steve, Rebecca and Diana) she's the only one whose post-show releases would fit the track. I would assume they started with What Makes You Beautiful as the track (it and Bleeding Love are probably two of the, if not the top two, most successful X Factor contestant tracks worldwide), and then fitted the vocal edits on top of it. The occasional inserts of Swagger Jagger fit nicely, and the 'drop out' for No Promises works purely because it's a one-off. I think Once or The Boy Who Murdered Love would have slotted in quite nicely.

I've noticed that of the winners featured, none of their Winner's Songs were used - so if we take Against All Odds, When You Believe and When We Collide out of the running, what songs from Steve, Leon and Matt should have been used on the track? The 'drop-out' for Shayne worked, but it wouldn't have worked a second time (I also would have left a few more seconds before Harry's vocals came in after Shayne's bit but that's not really the point/issue of this post).

I also can't think of any Rebecca Ferguson tracks that would have worked on the track either (I can only think of 2 Rebecca Ferguson songs to be honest).

There is one winner's single featured - James Arthur with Impossible. But that's all he's released, so they had to use that one.
  • Options
    KnowAll27KnowAll27 Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John_McVey wrote: »
    There is one winner's single featured - James Arthur with Impossible. But that's all he's released, so they had to use that one.

I would imagine James (as current/most recent winner) and Leona, One Direction, JLS, Olly, and Alexandra (as probably the most successful acts from the show) were the only definites to be included in the mash-up - so they had to use Impossible.

Then Little Mix, Shayne and maybe Cher.

Then remaining spaces filled from a selection of (not exclusively, but probably at least some of) Joe, Amelia, Misha, Union J, Diana, Matt, Leon, G4, Rhydian, Rebecca and Matt - a combination of former winners/acts who had some measure of success since the show/recent acts who still have an element of name recognition. Remaining spaces filled based on how well the available tracks fit over the top of What Makes You Beautiful.

I'd imagine the only definite 'no' act to be Steve Brookstein!
  • Options
    Stephen_SimpsonStephen_Simpson Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you think they considered putting in Jedward's Eurovision songs ? Or maybe they didn't have the rights to use them ?