Options

4g or not 4g?

2»

Comments

• Options
    grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the Twitter comment during yesterday's F1 grand prix "Does the Vodafone 4G McLaren only exist in certain parts of the track?" :D
  • Options
    Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well obviously for us Three customers we'll be getting it free of charge automatically so nothing for us to talk about here !

There's not really any need for unlimited data on mobile phones if you have broadband at home and mobile phones aren't really a replacement for real Internet like you get on a fixed line.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's not really any need for unlimited data on mobile phones if you have broadband at home and mobile phones aren't really a replacement for real Internet like you get on a fixed line.

but some people uses their mobile phone for everything, they don't have broadband at home.
  • Options
    Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    but some people uses their mobile phone for everything, they don't have broadband at home.

I know but it wasn't really designed for that except mobile broadband dongles and wifi so you can't really expect it to be as good as home broadband and offer unlimited
  • Options
    wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »

That probably only applies to a very small proportion of users as mobile networks could not handle the volume of data now being delivered across the UK's landline based broadband services.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member

Great way to save some cash on your data - always log into broadband at home, but also log into your work's wifi if they have it - then you
    Can save your 4g data for those long boring journeys in to work.
  • Options
    enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    team-jb wrote: »
    Great way to save some cash on your data - always log into broadband at home, but also log into your work's wifi if they have it - then you
    Can save your 4g data for those long boring journeys in to work.

Hehe I wish I could use my work wifi but even though I quite high up the ladder no personal devices are allowed to access the network. Imagine there are other places that are like that which is why I find unlimited data so important because i got alerts for all my emails etc on it.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know but it wasn't really designed for that except mobile broadband dongles and wifi so you can't really expect it to be as good as home broadband and offer unlimited

That probably only applies to a very small proportion of users as mobile networks could not handle the volume of data now being delivered across the UK's landline based broadband services.

But then we got some people who think that 4G will help those who live in the sticks and can't get normal broadband. I don't think it will to be honest.

Some suppliers offer unlimited on 3G, but I think it will be a while before it happens on 4G, but then again now EE have got competition, you never know.

When I was on ADSL, a mate of mine came down with a laptop and a Vodafone 3G dongle, I said for him to link his laptop to my ADSL, but he said the 3G would do a better job and i must admit, it was certainly faster than my ADSL, but then I was with BT at that time and Vodafone was good then, not so many people had 3G i suppose.

As more and more people uses 3 and 4G, it will get slower.
  • Options
    daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say do it. With Vodafones vea discount you can get a s4 with 8gb data (till 31st Oct) for £34.40

Its all about knowing the right people when it comes to vea