• flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jihadi John again?

You mean the" Puppet."
  • Tucks21Tucks21 Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Savage, evil bas****s. I wish them, especially the murderer a slow painful death. May they rot in hell.

My sincere condolences to Mr Haines' family. R.I.P Mr Haines.:(
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    The first two were journalists you think journalists won't go there because of this?

They might not be so stupid as to cross the lines between combatants in pursuit of stories, to not take "guarantees" of safety that prove to be worse than worthless at face value etc....
    good for them i guess they can feel proud to fund terrorists

Do they LOOK as if they're well funded??? It's a ragtag army of 30,00 or so with arms and vehicles stolen/taken en masse from the Iraqi Army, the Syrian Army etc. - that just happen to be better than anything the Iraqis have got left.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    If Cameron and is pathetic bunch of spineless cronies had any balls we'd be knee deep in this scum's blood by now.

That would be Cameron who asked parliament to enter Syria last year and was told no would it?
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    We should never give in to these ISIS bastards - no money - all they should get is blown off the face of the earth.

It is our soft PC attitude to extremism due to 'cultural sensitivity' in this country that has promoted the growth of extremism in the first place.

Bullingdon boy should start getting tough.

I agree.

We need to stop f***ing about and address this problem, but all we're going to hear is the usual bollocks about the majority of Muslims being "peaceful" blah blah blah.

There are supporters of these bastards living in our country for heaven's sake!
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awful to hear of the latest of these killings. Our governments can't and shouldn't pay ransoms to these people though. It would just encourage them to do this more. Civilians whether journalists or not should get out of the area so ISIS can't grab them. Hopefully ISIS will find out soon enough their kaliphate isn't going to happen. It's good to read that a number of countries in the region are joining a coalition with various western countries to get rid of ISIS. Hopefully the Brit doing these beheadings will end up scattered in various pieces around a small crater.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They might not be so stupid as to cross the lines between combatants in pursuit of stories, to not take "guarantees" of safety that prove to be worse than worthless at face value etc....

Do they LOOK as if they're well funded??? It's a ragtag army of 30,00 or so with arms and vehicles stolen/taken en masse from the Iraqi Army, the Syrian Army etc. - that just happen to be better than anything the Iraqis have got left.

We know they are well funded do you read nothing they are selling oil on the black market to Syria and Turkey, and have stolen money and funds from towns and cities, they are funded by Saudi Arabia.

Try doing some research.
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We should never give in to these ISIS bastards - no money - all they should get is blown off the face of the earth.

It is our soft PC attitude to extremism due to 'cultural sensitivity' in this country that has promoted the growth of extremism in the first place.

Bullingdon boy should start getting tough.

1/ he hasn't got it in him, and

2/ he won't be there after Thursday...

3/ should by some miracle he still is - he wouldn't be so stupid as to get us into a shooting war in the last year of his government ;-) That's a virtually guaranteed election defeat right there.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr. Claw wrote: »

I don't understand what is so hard to grasp about that fact.
  • hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a utterly stupid, crass and inappropriate comment. What did you expect Cameron to do?

Go and say "Hello ISIS person would you mind awfully releasing our man"

Idiot.

Well said.
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    If Cameron and is pathetic bunch of spineless cronies had any balls we'd be knee deep in this scum's blood by now.

I'm beginning to wonder what it will take for our government to start doing something about this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1/ he hasn't got it in him, and

2/ he won't be there after Thursday...

Again another stupid comment he asked parliament to go into Syria last year parliament said no.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What? Do you know anything about any of this at all?
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    What? Do you know anything about any of this at all?

Apparently not. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

More ill informed nonsense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently not. :(

It's been all over the internet and the news for how long?
  • hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Again another stupid comment he asked parliament to go into Syria last year parliament said no.

I agree with u again Steve. David Cameron' s hands are tied. Its up to parliament to agree.
  • Tucks21Tucks21 Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps you're not aware then that the video directly references David Cameron and his recent actions?

What he could have done was quietly pay the ransom, there WAS only one British hostage after all...whereas we are left with a PM that can't even keep alive the single person he's publically taken direct responsibility for.

You cannot pay them. They will use the money for more terrorist attacks, some of which could happen here. They will buy more arms and it will encourage them to kidnap more British nationals to obtain more ransom payments. :(
  • The MartianThe Martian Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    I agree.

We need to stop f***ing about and address this problem, but all we're going to hear is the usual bollocks about the majority of Muslims being "peaceful" blah blah blah.

There are supporters of these bastards living in our country for heaven's sake!

It's worse than that:

Children aged ten being trained as junior jihadis, says London's deputy mayor
    Children under the age of ten are being trained as junior jihadis amid the growing extremist threat in the capital, the Deputy Mayor of London has warned.

Stephen Greenhalgh, who oversees policing in the capital, said both he and Boris Johnson have been briefed on cases in which primary pupils have been subjected to propaganda and “extremist ideology” by their families. He said the way some children were being radicalised was “horrendous”.

His comments, ahead of a counter-terrorism summit at City Hall on Friday, came as a new report added to the concerns about terrorism by warning that at least 40 British fighters involved in the conflict in Syria and Iraq are likely to attempt “blowback” terrorist attacks when they return to this country.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/11092851/Children-aged-ten-being-trained-as-junior-jihadis-says-Londons-deputy-mayor.html
  • seacamseacam Posts: 21,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    I think of the things one can pretty much guarantee in life, it's that he probably isn't long for this world himself. I'm sure he himself is aware of that.
    Exactly that Lemon, exactly, John is on a one way street, air strike, he will kill himself or IS will kill him, he will never be allowed to live.

IS so want us to put boots on the grounds, they so want to take a pop at us.

We must stick to not paying ransoms, nor should other countries.
  • dragonzorddragonzord Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No surprise.
  • Uncle_PhilUncle_Phil Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »
    Was it filmed ? This is terrible. How awful for these poor guys. It's so utterly inhuman. Gee their poor families.

It doesn't show the actual murder .. the video fades out just as it's about to happen and then comes back showing him laying belly down with his hands cuffed behind him and his head placed on his back.
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I'd had the means.I'd have paid the ransom.We pay £53 million into the EU each day and get nothing back for it.At least we'd have saved his life.Prior to an all out assault on the terrorists.
  • welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    U96 wrote: »
    I'd have given them the money.Then warned other others, that it would be the last time we did it.That anyone else caught would be left to their fate.

Ah yes...give into blackmail. Then they'll do it more and more for more and more ridiculous demands and other groups who might not usually be so sick do it for the money! Before we know it they've got millions and millions of British money to use on their operations.

RIP David Haines.
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    Was it filmed ? This is terrible. How awful for these poor guys. It's so utterly inhuman. Gee their poor families.

He was schooled at Perth Academy as well.:(