DS Fantasy Eurovision: Champion of Champions 2012

Comments

• AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Hyperventilating will probably qualify, but it's probably the winner of the most Marmite song of 2012 :p
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Hyperventilating would struggle if it was just 1 qualifier from that heat. I've always hated it and can't actually listen to it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It’s now time to open the Aland Islands to England selection. Please vote for each country individually, in the same way you did when voting for Estonia to Jersey:

5 for your favourite
    3 for your next favourite
    2 for your next one
    1 for your least favourite or 2nd least favourite if the round has 5 songs

Aland Islands
    Jippu – Eva
    Niki & The Dove – DJ, Ease My Mind
    Johanna Kurkela – Sun särkyä anna mä en
    Laura Narhi – Hetken tie on Kevyt

Playlist

Albania
    Kiril - Raise Up Your Hand
    Miriam Cani - Pergjithmone
    Rita Ora - How We Do (Party)
    Vjosa SELMANI - Puthja e Pare

Playlist

Algeria
    Zaho - C'est Chelou
    Aqua- Kill Myself
    Aqua - Playmate To Jesus
    Khaled - C'est La Vie

Playlist

Andorra
    Christophe Willem - Si Mes Larmes Tombent
    Venus- Que Será de Mi
    Lorena - Sin Medida
    La Quinta Estacion & Marc Anthony - Recuerdame

Playlist

Armenia
    Capital Cities - One Minute More
    Sofi Mkheyan - Hayastani Erge
    Inga & Anush - Hay-Hay
    Lucina - Just For Fun

Playlist

Austria
    Parov Stelar - Nobody's Fool
    GuGabriel - Salvation
    Elija - Out Of Use
    Charlee - Too Fast

Playlist

Azerbaijan
    Laleh- Some Die Young
    Ell ft Aligee - I'm Free
    Laleh - Vårens Första Dag
    Emin - Never Enough

Playlist

Belarus
    Timoteij & Alexander Rybak - Vända Med Vinden
    Koldun ft Alex Brashovean – Ray of Life
    Litesound & Jacopo Massa - Solo Per Te
    Alex Khlestov & Inna Afanasieva – Derzi Menya

Playlist

Belgium
    Kate Ryan - Ella, Elle l'a
    Tom Dice - Out At Sea
    Hooverphonic - Happiness
    Dean - View Divine

Playlist

Bosnia & Herzegovina
    30 Seconds to Mars - Closer To The Edge
    Neda Ukraden - Najbolji klub u gradu
    Pamela Ramljak - Ti me ne voliš (You Don't Love Me)
    Ivana Maric – Tebe Voljeti

Playlist

Bulgaria
    Grafa – Nikoi
    Vessy Boneva – Related
    Miro – Power
    Vessy Boneva – Work of Art

Playlist

Croatia
    Starkillers & Richard Beynon ft Natalie Peris – What Does Tomorrow Bring?
    Magazin – Sijamski Blizanci
    Lana – Bad Boys
    Denis & Denis – Ljubomora

Playlist

Cyprus
    Stella Kalli - Gia Poso Akomi
    Nikki Ponte - Remembering The Summer Nights
    Ivi Adamou - Voltes St'asteria
    Sertari - Teardrops
    Change The World - Nikolas Metaxas

Playlist

Czech Republic
    Lenka - Everything At Once
    Lenka - Heart Skips A Beat
    Lisa Miskovsky - Still Alive
    Lenka - Roll With The Punches

Playlist

Denmark
    The Storm - Raver
    Soluna Samay - Come Again (The Quetzal)
    Fallulah - Out Of It
    The Storm - My Crown

Playlist

England
    Gabrielle Aplin - Home
    Wolf Gang - The King And All Of His Men
    Matt Cardle - Starlight
    Joe McElderry - Someone Wake Me Up

Playlist

Please PM me your votes before 6pm on 22nd December. The results will follow soon after.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    Yay, my two SHOULD HAVE BEEN songs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    Holy shit guys, Besa has posted a new song on her Facebook!
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm firmly in the "Hyperventilating is one of the worst songs I've ever heard" camp personally.
  • avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    I'm firmly in the "Hyperventilating is one of the worst songs I've ever heard" camp personally.

It must have some fans surely, otherwise how did it win? :confused:
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avb wrote: »

Well I didn't take part in the contest it won. I don't know how close the result was but chances are if it was tight and I'd been voting it wouldn't have won at all.
    Forum Member
    I think a lot of people in that contest were either Team Finland or Team Aland, which meant they went to one extreme or the other to hope the other wouldn't win. Which also explains how Turkey did well because it scored from both sides.

Also, I'm watching the recap from the last final. We've had nothing that comes anywhere near close to Life is a Game, Sinead, Don't Go Breaking My Heart, Geronimo or Shield and the Sword this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9RqHrKVeDo - for anyone else who wants to relieve it.

ETA: From memory, what annoyed me even me more about the whole thing was that a load of people said "oh I was going to vote for the Aland Islands but I forgot/didn't have time" just after the result. GAH.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avb wrote: »

It received three 12s, two 10s and three 8s in the final, and 14/25 gave it points (you gave it 1 btw :D).
    Forum Member
    Alexos wrote: »
    It received three 12s, two 10s and three 8s in the final, and 14/25 gave it points (you gave it 1 btw :D).

Oh I know, I was one of the people who liked it. If I'd have been voting now I'd have given it a lot more than 1.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katsuya wrote: »
    I think a lot of people in that contest were either Team Finland or Team Aland, which meant they went to one extreme or the other to hope the other wouldn't win. Which also explains how Turkey did well because it scored from both sides.

I'm not sure about that. All of the people that gave Hyperventilating 12 also voted for Hetken tie on kevyt and Gwen gave them her 12 and 10. Although, yes, there were a few instances where people gave one country average points and the other 0.
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weirdly I hated hyperventilating.....but I like it on this listen lol
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katsuya wrote: »

Also, I'm watching the recap from the last final. We've had nothing that comes anywhere near close to Life is a Game, Sinead, Don't Go Breaking My Heart, Geronimo or Shield and the Sword this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9RqHrKVeDo - for anyone else who wants to relieve it.

ETA: From memory, what annoyed me even me more about the whole thing was that a load of people said "oh I was going to vote for the Aland Islands but I forgot/didn't have time" just after the result. GAH.

It's burn out - especially as the United Kingdom has been split and the likes of Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Italy and France are having to share their songs - it's reducing the number of viable tunes for each country. It maybe worth either limiting the number of countries or maybe extending the time frame for the 2013 contest so more songs are available or held back.
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    It's burn out - especially as the United Kingdom has been split and the likes of Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Italy and France are having to share their songs - it's reducing the number of viable tunes for each country. It maybe worth either limiting the number of countries or maybe extending the time frame for the 2013 contest so more songs are available or held back.

How have you got hold on my plans for the next contest Fudd? :eek: ;)
  • CuishlaCuishla Posts: 16,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Italy seems to be hardest to sort points for. At least three deserve to qualify from the 5 and with only 1 spot for them, its' going to be tough.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kvn wrote: »
    How have you got hold on my plans for the next contest Fudd? :eek: ;)

They were left in a suitcase on a train. :p
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hyperventilating is in my top 4 favourite songs from the contests. The others being, Sun Of A Gun, Little Talks and Look Back!!!
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »

I see the point but I'd just be careful how we do it. I tried to reduce the length of the contest just a little in Jurmala and we seemed to get a few more comments again without it being at the expense of the standard. I'd try to avoid going back to the sort of format we had sort of March April time when interest did start to dry up a bit.
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't put 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart' amongst those others, Katsuya. Alongside Sheelah, the recent Latvian win, Varvara and the first one as the worst winner, imo.

Listening to this playlist though... So many amazing songs!
    'Blanco y Negro' has REALLY grown on me. 'Es Gribu Vel Milet' sounds much better than it did at the time too. 'Na Balkanu' has also shot up in my estimation. The chorus is much more listenable than I thought before!
    'Music Everywhere', 'New Day' & 'I Miss You'. <3
    'Geronimo' is still one of my favourite winners, amazing song!
    'Pin Up Girl' is very underrated imo, but very good!
    'Sun of a Gun' is still my baby. ;)<3 Should've won...
    I just can't warm to 'Dominoes'. :( & Ew Aqua.
    'Het', 'Curtain Call' & 'Not That Kinda Girl' were both very unlucky to not win in their contests.
    'Whisper of Silence' was a crazy good song, really unexpected from Belarus & the start.
    'Oh No!' is an amazing song and I listen to it very regularly still. This also counts for 'Sinead', 'Shield and the Sword' & Capital Cities songs' in general too.
    'Life is a Game' was a very worthy winner of a VERY strong CoC.

Memories. -weeps-
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe I was tipped for the win with Johanna Kurkela but she only managed 21st :( still one of my favourite songs I've entered.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andorra is the pits to vote for.
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    Andorra is the pits to vote for.

Is that because you think it's really good... or really bad? :p