Ricky Wilson... I find him really smarmy.

Comments

• cookincookin Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    I'm a little bit in love with Ricky ...
    and I'm old enough to be his mother ...
    or even grandmother if I had been very promiscuous in my youth :blush:...
    dream on :D
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find him a bit try hard. Like him to a certain extent, but probably the most replaceable of the judges for me.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Ricky to be extremely, extremely creepy. The way he acts towards young females on the show is genuinely sorta scary.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's just overly aware that women suddenly fancy him now that he's lost weight and had a makeover.
  • Teddybear99Teddybear99 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    He's just overly aware that women suddenly fancy him now that he's lost weight and had a makeover.

Women have always fancied Ricky. He has that certain something, not traditionally good looking perhaps but he has always been very charismatic. ;-)
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, the Kaiser Chiefs, that's who he is. I've said it elsewhere but I'll repeat, these replacements are dull for me, Jessie in particular brought an energy and enthusiasm that hooked me. Her dynamic with Will also made it great for me. Without Jessie to bounce off, I feel Will is more sedate, and I preferred him hyper.

It's interesting how differently we see things, because I love the new additions and thought Tom and Will seemed relaxed and happier. Mind you, relaxed to the point of sedation isn't good! :D
  • samcheesesamcheese Posts: 1,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't stand Jessie J and Danny so I much prefer the new lineup!

Love Ricky - I've never ever been a Kaiser Chiefs fan, but I saw them supporting Green Day last year and they completely changed my opinion on them! He's an AMAZING frontman and really works the crowd.
    He's also a bit gorgeous and seems lovely.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Right yes because being laid back and smiling a lot is so smarmy...half of the time I don't even understand these complaints. Your justification for it seems to be that you dislike the band...
  • Cosmic GiftedCosmic Gifted Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's alright, I prefer Danny to him though.
  • scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen him in studio a couple of times, and I also know someone who knows him very well , he's actually a really cool guy.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was he formerly chubby? He looks like he could have been.

I think he's hot but he is quite creepy acting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cookin wrote: »
    I'm a little bit in love with Ricky ...
    and I'm old enough to be his mother ...
    or even grandmother if I had been very promiscuous in my youth :blush:...
    dream on :D

Hehe...lovely :D
  • Brucie BonusBrucie Bonus Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    It appears that Ricky copies the other judges. As soon as the other judges press... . Well this episode anyway. Think for yourself!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Women have always fancied Ricky. He has that certain something, not traditionally good looking perhaps but he has always been very charismatic. ;-)

It's those mesmerizing blue eyes, combined with the smile and his sense of humour I think. Also his personality tends to across as very warm and nice. Although he's a rock star, he's so unintimidating. He seems like someone you could talk to really easily and have a nice chat with.
  • ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's those mesmerizing blue eyes, combined with the smile and his sense of humour I think. Also his personality tends to across as very warm and nice. Although he's a rock star, he's so unintimidating. He seems like someone you could talk to really easily and have a nice chat with.

I missed Danny to start with, but I agree that his eyes and smile are amazing. I'm beginning to feel sorry for him when nearly every time he turns round so do Kylie and Tom and he keeps losing out on the ones he wants. Hopefully, there'll be better contestants when it's too late for the others to choose.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of the contestants seem to want to join Ricky's team. Even the Twins looked a bit like they felt 'lumbered' with him.

Also, I find Ricky's always monitoring what the others are doing instead of being bold and going with his own gut instinct - whether that means turning or staying put (the Twins were an exception and I'm sure he was convinced the rest of the panel would turn for them too).

It just feels like the pattern is often the same. None of them turn or Kylie, Tom and Ricky all turn (with Ricky copying the others). There's very little variation.
  • JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about smarmy... he seems like a very nice and likeable person, but he doesn't sell himself very well to the contestants, which is probably why most don't choose him as their mentor.
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The more I see of him, the more I like him.

I think he'll come into his own on this show as it goes along.
  • via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jocolah wrote: »
    he seems like a very nice and likeable person, but he doesn't sell himself very well to the contestants, which is probably why most don't choose him as their mentor.
    This ^^^
    I've said on another thread that I wish Ricky would sell himself better as a mentor, because I think he will be a good one. He does have the experience of promoting others, but I wonder if the contestants are aware of this?

Personally, even if I wasn't a Kaiser Chiefs fan (which I am), I would find it difficult to describe Ricky as smarmy. A little unsure perhaps, nice smile yes, empathic yes, but smarmy, definitely not.
  • MODTLMODTL Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I've noticed about Ricky (and to a lesser extent Tom as well) is that they're both turning when Kylie turns. Happened a couple of times last episode. Seems that he doesn't want Kylie taking contestants. Maybe she needs to perfect the will.i.am technique of 'very last second button pushing'. Kylie as well does it when Ricky turns on his own (Beth in episode one springs to mind).
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    I agree with you. :) I find Ricky really genuine and caring on the show, I'm not missing Danny or Jessie at all.

The coaches are interacting far more too and don't seem as ego-driven.

I never found Ricky particularly sexy until this show, but now I think he's gorgeous. His puppy dog eyes are hilarious too. :D

Puppy dog eyes???? he always looks as though he has hayfever to me......I don't mind him though - he's not trying to make a name for himself. I liked Danny too.
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has beautiful eyes and I love his sense of humour. He's lovely. :-)
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found it rather sweet the way he helps the women down the steps from the stage. Did it twice last night, they both wore tight dresses and one even said to him, "I wondered how I would get down?"

He didn't hesitate jumped up from his chair and straight over to help.
  • secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to quite like Danny, but funnily enough, I was only saying last night that I much prefer Ricky. One thing that I'm not keen on though, is that Kylie seems to believe her own hype, she seems to think that she's the sexiest woman on earth. How offputting.
  • MODTLMODTL Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she seems to think that she's the sexiest woman on earth. How offputting.
    In my books she is (and I used to hate her between 2002-2004! A diary entry of mine in March 2004 I call her 'ugly') the sexiest woman on earth. She does look better now than she did in the Fever era where she tried too hard. Hideous silver thigh high boots and corset dresses. Looks much better now, like a fine wine she matures and gets better with age.