EE - I'm gutted! (spoilers)

superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
Forum Member
✭✭
I know Lucy was never a popular character on here but I really loved Hetti's portrayal of her. She felt like an actual 3 dimensional character who had really grown up in her time away and I was looking forward to seeing Hetti get to finally prove herself as an actress :(

I thought Lucy had the potential to be part of the next generation of Eastenders :(

Comments

• dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets wait till the episode airs before we mourn Lucy's death, something tells me this won't be so straightforward...
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree. I like her more than most of the other young people in the show as she has so much potential. Her ambition and deviousness makes her interesting. A girl like Lucy could go far in life.

What a shame she is going. There are many other characters I would like to see killed off instead of her.
  • B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    Absolutely agree. There's no imagination in the writing for teens on the soaps these days so it's good to see a young girl with ambition who wants more from life than other girls her age. I was a big fan of the previous actress who played Lucy but Hetti won me over, I thought she's been doing a great job and settled in really well to the part.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i tottally agree i love how Hetti has potrayed Lucy as strong but vunerable and a bit of a bitch but caring sometimes.

Its such a shame that Hetti is going, i loved her in the episode where Lauren and Lucy went West End drinking.
  • katieknolweskatieknolwes Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really liked hetti, they should have left the death as a shock rather than reveal it
  • SonicmfcSonicmfc Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Hetti too! I feel bad for the poor girl however with just about everyone slamming her weight. It's so sad that people are so narrow minded and inconsiderate behind a computer screen.
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to agree, keeping the Beale kids on screen for all this time, has been a good thing, and alot of the time they were useless, but now, and for the next 20 years, them being in the show would have made for a great sense of continuity in the cast.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To me she will never be Lucy, and i never took to the actress. Melissa fitted the character better for me, she just looked bitchy and that's what made her play the character so well.
  • DracarysDracarys Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed seeing Hetti in the role, I think she did well considering how well Melissa played the role.

Although I will be gutted to see Lucy go, well done to Eastenders for delivering a shocker! :D
  • hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'l be sad to see her go, I liked her and she has the same name as me:D she was really good as Lucy, Melissa sufferfield was diabolical.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally won't miss her, but I know what it feels like when someone you like leaves
  • Jamandell (d69)Jamandell (d69) Posts: 3,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still hoping it won't really happen. That somehow Lucy fakes her death (as part of witness protection for something?), and then in the 30th anniversary year Lucy will return, played once again by Melissa Suffield!

I can only dream
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    3sweet5u wrote: »
    To me she will never be Lucy, and i never took to the actress. Melissa fitted the character better for me, she just looked bitchy and that's what made her play the character so well.

Me too :)I never warmed to the new Lucy who just seems all sharp edges with no warmth or humour or humanity I suppose.
  • TorchwoodBoyTorchwoodBoy Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved her and I will miss her.

Though I'd rather she left with a huge story then in the back of cab, even if it meant she would be able to come back.

Send the crap character out in cabs, send the great ones out in huge stories.
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    I'm still hoping it won't really happen. That somehow Lucy fakes her death (as part of witness protection for something?), and then in the 30th anniversary year Lucy will return, played once again by Melissa Suffield!

I can only dream

I doubt it :p The spoiler article said that Walford will change forever as a result of this storyline. That wouldn't happen if she was supposed to just walk back in like nothing happened and carried on with her life ^_^
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I didn't really like Hetti's portrayal as Lucy, nothing against the actress as she isn't that bad, I just didn't find her believable in that role. Hopefully Lauren is involved and we can get rid of both of them. Kill two birds with on stone and all that :D (no offense)