Options

How is Beth still in?!

iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
Forum Member
No way did Kyran deserve to go tonight! Beth's routines are so dull every week, how the hell has she never been in a skate off? What do the public see in her?

Comments

• Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iMatt_101 wrote: »
    No way did Kyran deserve to go tonight! Beth's routines are so dull every week, how the hell has she never been in a skate off? What do the public see in her?

I agree - I think she gets the votes because she is an "Olympian". She should have gone by now. Kyran and Sam both had fantastic skate offs tonight - they should both still be there.
  • Options
    Melody.ExEMelody.ExE Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    She's treated so badly by the judges, undermarked week upon week, and not given any credit for any of the complex skating she does.

I voted for her tonight because she I thought she deserved more than that. (And partially as a retaliation against the overmarking of Hayley)
  • Options
    Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is Beth still in?

The public are voting for her.
  • Options
    StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You try skating with the flu!!

At least Beth can skate and skate well!
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    jeanoj wrote: »
    I agree - I think she gets the votes because she is an "Olympian". She should have gone by now. Kyran and Sam both had fantastic skate offs tonight - they should both still be there.

Yes, Beth is one of my favourites but she was disappointing tonight, Kyran and Sam were better than her but it's the votes that count:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Melody.ExE wrote: »
    She's treated so badly by the judges, undermarked week upon week, and not given any credit for any of the complex skating she does.

I voted for her tonight because she I thought she deserved more than that. (And partially as a retaliation against the overmarking of Hayley)

Exactly! Melody, she is still in because she is a great skater who is given no credit for her skills by the judges! The public can see straight through that, personally I thought Kyran's skate off was better than Sam's
  • Options
    sorrellsorrell Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beth isn't a bad skater, but I don't think she's as good as some of the others, however, she is very likeable and Sam isn't, I think this is one of the main reasons she remains out of the skate off every week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You try skating with the flu!!

At least Beth can skate and skate well!

She didn't have the flu, she said herself that she had a virus. There is a big difference, if she had flu she wouldn't be able to stand up, never mind skate.
  • Options
    ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a great skater and deserves to be at least the top female. Give me routines that lack a little in performance (i.e. Beth's) over routines that lack in everything but performance (i.e. Hayley) any day.

Hayley might as well stand off the ice and pull those faces - not like there's any difference than when she's stood on it, anyway.
  • Options
    4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    I find her overrated sick or not sick she never wows me .
  • Options
    tawnytawny Posts: 1,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The public like Beth - I'm glad she is still in she is a great skater. sam should have gone - he is full of himself
  • Options
    nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Personally, I think Kyran should have gone weeks ago and I don't know what anyone sees in him. I think he is so dull every week.
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    She is in because the judges constantly undermark her and she is much better than they make out.
    However us viewers are not fooled by them and that is why we vote.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She didn't have the flu, she said herself that she had a virus. There is a big difference, if she had flu she wouldn't be able to stand up, never mind skate.

WHATEVER she had she was very poorly and I would love to see the people moaning about her go out and skate when they are that poorly!!
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beth's clearly popular but I do think there's an element of "Let's stick it to the judges" in her vote at the minute.

I hope it doesn't carry all the way through to the result though. She's better than Hayley but not as good as Ray or Sam imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    WHATEVER she had she was very poorly and I would love to see the people moaning about her go out and skate when they are that poorly!!

I like Beth but I was just making a point that she didn't have flu.
  • Options
    camy934camy934 Posts: 1,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Because she's amazing and always undermarked :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    She is in because the judges constantly undermark her and she is much better than they make out.
    However us viewers are not fooled by them and that is why we vote.

Maybe so but the 3 men were better than her tonight and they are better skaters than Beth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Beth but I was just making a point that she didn't have flu.

That's fine - I thought she said flu but I must of been hearing things
  • Options
    TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she is a fantastic skater and thankfully the GBP recognise that she is talented and are voting for her each week. I personally am sick of the overperformed twee that keeps getting churned out in the show and lack of actual skating being mostly conveniently ignored in some cases and it's nice to see some actual technical skill being applied would just be nice to see the judges especially those meant to recognise and acknowledge the skating skill actually giving her some credit for it but it seems with Robin in particular if you aren't male then you can't possibly have any discernible talent.

The public are obviously voting for her because they are liking watching her and I hope she goes on to the final and wins (although that might be a bit much to ask)
  • Options
    nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe so but the 3 men were better than her tonight and they are better skaters than Beth.

Perhaps they were tonight but the public don't have to judge it just on tonight. Over the course of history I would say that Beth is a better skater than Kyran (definitely) and Sam (probably)....but then I would have said that Suzanne was better than all three of them and she was the first ex champion out :(

As I think Beth has been better overall, I would have no problem voting for her (and did so) although she isn't my favourite - that has to be Ray as any other result would be a travesty.
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly!
  • Options
    norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,678
    Forum Member
    natalian wrote: »
    Personally, I think Kyran should have gone weeks ago and I don't know what anyone sees in him. I think he is so dull every week.
    I would've agreed with you before tonight's show, but I really enjoyed his skates this evening - particularly in the SO, where I thought he was better to watch than Sam, whose Riverdance was a bit ragged.
  • Options
    ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I disagree. Kyran's first (couple) routine was dull. I had to force myself to pay attention to it and Sam's just a cheap version of Ray.

Beth brings something different to the table with her lifts and tricks, and overall, thoughout the series, she's been a much stronger skater than Kyran and Sam.

Her solo wasn't good because they gave her a routine she had to "perform" - her weakest skill. Should've given her a piece of music that could show off her skating; everyone else got a solo skate that suits them.
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Beth's clearly popular but I do think there's an element of "Let's stick it to the judges" in her vote at the minute.

I hope it doesn't carry all the way through to the result though. She's better than Hayley but not as good as Ray or Sam imo.

Sam is back in the race - even if his musical fans are being deserted. He may have been part time and ill served with routines for too long though to gain any momentum. He's suffers too in comparison to Ray, and Kyran I think had more wow factor.

Beth is a much better combination of skating basics, tricks, and lifts than Hayley. Her acting and dancing is Ok in the right role. Her pair can do more than Sam's or Ray's in some areas. Give her Hayley's numbers, though, and she will look weaker. Give Beth one that follows her strengths, and Hayley looks weak.

The better combinations were Suzanne and Jorgie who can do everything Hayley does, and more tricks. They have been edged out though.

Kyran I thought served the useful purpose of being the opposite to Ray. Ray dances and performs far better, but Kyran indicated tonight just how much Ray can't do . There's no moves like the axel, no headbanger, no single handed overhead lifts -in Ray's repertoire. He can spin - but so can Hayley and Sam - and he can jump - but we have seen that too much already.

It then depends on want you want. Beth can do more exciting moves than Ray, but dances and acts less well. Ray has a wide repertoire, but there's room to do something more impressive. Beth has the only journey story, has learnt new skills and is putting up new moves - Ray isn't doing that so obviously. 40s and jumps may look samish by the final. One will appeal to a female vote, the other may have a host of inspired young female gymnasts behind her. And, as you say, coronations may not be popular.