Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aw! you still have me cherry!

**watches for cherry shaped hole in the wall**

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    J-B, Mo Mouse and Uncle Quentin are my top 3 favourite posters here. They really liven the place up, and make me laugh so much. :D

Agreed! They really do make a good thread great! :D
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had fewer than a hundred posts, I reckon, and thought this might be a place where people who had a varying number of years watching could interact.. I actually lived abroad off & on for years and had to rely on YouTube throughout in order to retain some continuity. I came back to the UK, began watching regularly but still had voids in my memory of certain characters, plots, etc. But I have always felt like an outsider...like there's a clique amongst posters...the more posts, the more seniority. The more a name is known, the more people want to respond. It reduces a poster's desire to express an opinion when the post is criticized unnecessarily or the poster seems to be accepted as "no need to respond in a positive way....just ignore him/her and maybe he/she will just go away and we can resume our superior knowledge of the programme." That's how it can feel. And maybe, if the forum is boring now, it might be because of a simple minority rule, a rather youthful attitude that tends to make people stay away. I still post and will continue to. I couldn't give a monkey's whether I'm accepted or not but some may. I just felt like I figured this out for myself and decided to post my opinion in case it hits a nerve for someone else. I'm more inclined to use language that wouldn't be acceptable here to put down a criticism but there are advantages to patience and using words that won't be banned. I'd rather respond to a question like the one posted here in a way that might communicate a differing observation...a forum like this, is (after all) a type of social media. It can be as inclusive and positive as possible or it can be a childish clique. It's all up to the posters who might feel a sense of power by being the big fish in a small pond; it does nothing, however, to encourage new input.

My advice is to just get stuck in, keep posting, don't give up, it can feel overwhelming when your new and a lot of more regular posters are interacting with each other and might feel like nobody is listening or replying to posts it really isn't the case of a clique although it probably feels like it.

the thing is a lot of members on here talk on a daily basis on here or on twitter etc, some I've chatted to on/off for 3 years it mental how fast it goes and sometimes you just kind fall into a routine of doing that, I know I'm gonna make a conscious effort to reply to more members especially new ones in future even if what I have say is a load of tosh :D...I guess what I'm saying is the place despite whatever issues is like a community and any issues hopefully can be sorted out amicable.
  • Options
    lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    I think with less frequent posting it's hard to get a dialogue/debate going. Feels more like everybody throwing in their two cents but not a discussion as such.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    They clamped down on the jokey threads because some posters didn't like them. As a consequence most of us are more cautious what we post these days as we don't want to offend anyone. Sadly it does mean the spark seems to have gone.

This is a huge problem. And it's always the wrong people getting threatened with the ban hammer.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The posters on the Emmerdale threads didn’t get the boredom memo.....I am hysterical with laughter at those crazy lovely guys. I have only posted a link to one Emmerdale episode discussion and can safely say that the awesome banter is a regular occurance with this crowd. You don’t even need to be a fan of the soap, the majority of posts are pure comedy gold. As soon as I see the name ‘Dobbeh’ I know I’m in for a great ride and often laugh too much to post any comments!
    My tribute to the ED forum gang.....keep doing what you’re doing! *mwah-mwah*

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1997888&highlight=emmerdale
    Nice one sian, but I hope you didn't pick a thread where we were *whispers* slagging off th'EE crew. :o:blush:

;-)
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    Since I have turned 18 I don't have much time on my hands. I have to divide my time between work, college, gym and occasionaly going out clubbing (hope to increase this). I also have to watch TV recordings and read the Radio Times and not fall behind. So I don't really have much time to post anymore.

I treat my life as a movie, a really long one.
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Far too many members post slanderous remarks about soap stars they dislike.

Now i know you've not slandered him but your repeated negative posts about Matt Di Angelo on a personal level make the fact you posted the above just a tad rich.
  • Options
    KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reason I don't visit as much is simply down to the layout of the site since they changed it...the dropdown menus don't work for me. I've tried with IE Chrome and Foxfire and it's always the same. I have to go hunting to find a link to get me to the place I want to visit, makes me angry! I also hate the ads that drop down mid thread.
    I miss MonaLisa too...I enjoyed her threads.
  • Options
    sianlovescatssianlovescats Posts: 1,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Nice one sian, but I hope you didn't pick a thread where we were *whispers* slagging off th'EE crew. :o:blush:

;-)

Haha, you’re welcome, OJ. I won’t mention anything about uh....*cough*....*harrrumph*...the EE crew! *winks seductively at OJ*
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,273
    Forum Member
    MutantX wrote: »
    Months ago I'd be on the forum 24/7 but nowadays I get bored very easily and move on to do something else. I feel that the spark from the forum had gone...
    Does anyone else feel the same or I'm I just rambeling on..

Nothing but 90% EE & HO on the 1st page. Nothing has really changed.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lady_xanax wrote: »
    I think with less frequent posting it's hard to get a dialogue/debate going. Feels more like everybody throwing in their two cents but not a discussion as such.
    I don't think it's so much less frequent posting that kills off discussion, but the ever-increasing 'non sequitur' threads, where people start pointless threads, often in the form of questions to which nobody yet knows the answer. Eg 'Will x shag y'? 'What did x just say to y'? 'x's text', 'Did x murder y' (+1000), 'x's face just then' etc etc zzzzzz
    There is either a simple answer or nobody knows the answer, so a couple of people will reply yes or no, end of thread. Pointless and clutter-causing and nearly as irritating as any 'Is it just me'? thread. >:(

These are not discussion or debate-generating threads - they are just individuals starting threads, usually for their own self-aggrandisement, which should have been confined to the ep threads.

Personally I think the reason ED threads are so enjoyable is that, bar 'event' or 'issue' eps, the majority of the discussion and debate is confined to the ep threads, the Past&Present thread and the Discussion thread. It works very well and whatever we want to discuss, we know we can go to one of those 3 main threads and it will be picked up and discussed. :)