Candy Crush addiction - ( and other app addictions)

harjamharjam Posts: 333
Forum Member
I'm a busy mum of two who works full time with a hectic social life so why oh why and I'm sitting up half the night playing frigging Candy Crush!!!

I've never been one to get into app games but this is addictive!

Anyone lose struggling with an online/app game obsession?

Comments

• fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    harjam wrote: »
    I'm a busy mum of two who works full time with a hectic social life so why oh why and I'm sitting up half the night playing frigging Candy Crush!!!

Never heard of this game :), what do you do and does it cost money?
  • harjamharjam Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    I just downloaded from my iPad App Store. It's free and it connects to your Facebook account so you can see how you compare to your friends. I'm on level 134 and its tricky.
  • irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't that the game that a couple of kids managed to run up huge $$$ on their parents account? Watch you don't bankrupt yourself!
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    It is free but you can buy extras to make the game a little easier but you don't have to.
  • pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adults playing kid's games is worringly weird, what is the phone number for Social Services ?
    Forum Member
    I've not spent a penny on the game as I'm a tight ass bu I do know people who have spent a fair amount of money.

My hubby is pretty obsessed with the game Hill Climb. Hunk we need to get a life!
    Forum Member
    Adults playing kid's games is worringly weird, what is the phone number for Social Services ?

I agree! But it's too late. I'm addicted.... I'm doomed..!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I hear that Leann Rimes went to rehab for twitter addiction. Now that is sad.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Half my family and friends go on about this game on Facebook. It must be like crack.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    Never heard of this game :), what do you do and does it cost money?

It's Bejeweled but with sweets inside of "jewels".
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I feel your pain! I've been hooked on Candy Crush Saga for months..I've been stuck on level 135 for weeks:cry:
    Forum Member
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    I feel your pain! I've been hooked on Candy Crush Saga for months..I've been stuck on level 135 for weeks:cry:

Im on 133 so nearly with you on 135...i get really really frustrated with the game. Just praying i dont launch my ipad against the wall in anger! lol
  • DinkyDooDinkyDoo Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im level 92 and its starting to drive me nuts. Bubble Witch Saga is about to get binned, im stuck on a level 122 have been for weeks, even the bonus levels are starting to prove a pain.

Also just discovered I can get Diamond Dash on my phone....

Just spoted the typo, am stuck on level 97 on candy crush, those bombs are a pain.
  • whatsername235whatsername235 Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I'm also totally addicted to this. I'm on level 147 now and I can't stop playing even though I've been stuck on it for ages. I know so many people who can't stop playing!
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keep getting annoying adverts for this game on my smart phone!
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never heard of this game, I'll check it out!

I'm currently addicted to an online pictionary type app game called Charadium. It's sooo good.
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I'm also totally addicted to this. I'm on level 147 now and I can't stop playing even though I've been stuck on it for ages. I know so many people who can't stop playing!

How did you pass 135?? It's winding me up no end!:mad:
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    Im on 133 so nearly with you on 135...i get really really frustrated with the game. Just praying i dont launch my ipad against the wall in anger! lol

Wow! 135 and 133! I can't get past 23 at the moment, but to be fair, I only started playing on Saturday :D

I know how addictive it is, and I hate having to wait for new "lives" when my friends aren't online to help! I guess I'm becoming addicted too! :o
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    My missus is addicted to candy crush thingy.

I never download games, theyre all fads which last about a week.

Draw Something, anyone?
  • xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    Level 35 is a bitch for me
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been playing for 2 weeks. Already at lvl 213 :p

Having said that, I have been stuck on that one for 4 days
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on level 149 :o

It's honestly the last game I ever thought i'd get hooked on. What bugs me is that you'll be ticking along nicely, knocking off levels here and there and you'll get to one particular level that will quite literally take you weeks to get past. I think it's because it really wants you to buy add-ons which I refuse to do.

There are videos of every level on YouTube but the nature of the game is such that they're just videos - there's no set solution to each level.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Angry birds is still the best!
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have been stuck on level 182 for a few weeks now, you got bombs & have to get 30,000 points in under 2 minutes. It really boils my pi$$, but is so damn addictive. :D
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    Angry birds is still the best!

Finished all of them inc Bad Piggies well finished the free bit I'm not paying for extra levels.

Stuck on level 86 at the moment pi$$ed me off earlier when one more move would have done it but like I said I won't pay for extra bits