Options

the point of the voice ?

zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
Forum Member
✭✭
I was thinking the voice is for young people to get a foot in the ladder of a pop career,how wrong i am, because every week there are more older persons who want a second chance, after already having a shot a fame and fortune.. anyone agree..??

Comments

• Options
    AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everybody deserves a chance whether its their first, second or fiftieth. Why should there be age discrimination?
  • Options
    Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What made you think it's catered towards young people? If anything, it works in the favour of people who have talent but may not have the "typical" look/style that can be marketed in the mainstream (like X Factor), and they will hope that this kind of show will give them a platform to success.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It fills the 7.00pm slot on Saturday nights, catering mostly for young people who have it on whilst they are getting ready to go out and even more younger people who aren't allowed out at night on their own.
    Or a few others who've naff all else to do at that time of a Saturday evening and have it on in the backfround whilst they're having their dinner.
  • Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AaronWx wrote: »
    Everybody deserves a chance whether its their first, second or fiftieth. Why should there be age discrimination?

I do not care how old they are.. it just seems unfair to me, when someone .. gets second chance or third chance over some-one who is raw and fresh and the passion and the first time desire.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just a blub fest!
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do not care how old they are.. it just seems unfair to me, when someone .. gets second chance or third chance over some-one who is raw and fresh and the passion and the first time desire.

Not many of the older ones get through and if they do, they soon get weeded out during the battle rounds etc. However, if they have the passion and the talent, why shouldn't they get another chance?

I thought Bob the warehouse man should have got through and he didn't. That has been the biggest travesty of the show this year IMO and I'm not even keen on that kind of singing.
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    It's getting me through the boring winter months before BGT starts!
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a Saturday night entertainment show, :)
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its flawed format you need more than TV to make it in the Music business.