Options

Would you sleep with someone on your first date?

pink star 28pink star 28 Posts: 1,728
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm really tempted, opinions please?

Comments

• Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Who wouldn't, although I suspect things are different in the homosexual community where accidental pregnancy, etc. are less of an issue.
  • Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you're tempted, then go for it. Remember to use protection, though.

The whole sex on a first date = slag concept is for the most part, outdated.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I would.
  • Options
    GonerilGoneril Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't [ and the question is not applicable to me now] but it's better to get to know someone before taking that step .
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I think something like that is up to each individual person there is no right or wrong answer.

Although you have to be sure the other person wants to also you can't just assume they do.
  • Options
    Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Yes, why waste time:)
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    I'm gay! When young I've had sex with people with no date at all. :D

It's a different world where we understand that sex is just sex and get on with it.

It can be a part of a loving relationship but doesn't have to be and all parties go into it with that understanding, so no one gets hurt.
  • Options
    NirvanaGirlNirvanaGirl Posts: 2,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really depends on a lot of factors in my opinion. Whether you know this person prior to the first date, whether you want a relationship with them or just a bit of fun & most importantly whether you're still sexually attracted to them after you've spent time in their company.
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always have done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think something like that is up to each individual person there is no right or wrong answer.

Although you have to be sure the other person wants to also you can't just assume they do.

They have made it perfectly clear that they do.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not before marriage, old fashioned I know but works for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    I always have done.
    Aww really princess, did you see them again after?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They have made it perfectly clear that they do.

Then that would be up to you.

If someone made it perfectly obvious they wanted sex before the date then I would be concerned that is all they wanted and the date itself didn't matter but if that is the case for both parties then why bother with the date at all and just have sex.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't personally but to each their own. Only for me, because I feel I need to know someone before I sleep with them, the one month rule has never gone wrong!
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be very cautions if she asked me if i wanted 'dessert' on our first date. :D
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose it depends on the situation really!

Me and my boyfriend wed been working together for about 6 weeks, only a weekends as it was my second job. I got drunk one Sunday and text him and began flirting and stuff. Following Friday we worked our shift together then had sex after. For the first 6 odd weeks all we did was meet up and have sex, I guess feelings grew and we decided to make a go of it properly so after that we decided to go out on a proper date.
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're looking for sex, yes. If you're looking for a relationship, no

The only women who turned out to be half decent human beings that I had a relationship with made me wait. The rest were right slaaaaagss
  • Options
    CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    Only if I wanted a 2nd date.:kitty:
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    I did with my boyfriend, I hadn't before that, always made then wait. In my defence though I didn't think it was going to become serious, it was meant to be just a fling but obviously 5 years later that didn't quite work out! I once asked him if he thought less of me for doing that he said there's a big difference between sleeping with someone on the first date and being a slag. He never viewed me as a the latter
  • Options
    Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer figs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    To reverse the question would you go on a second date with anyone who didn't sleep with you on the first date or made it clear sex wasn't on the cards for a long time or not at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you want to then do it.

I will never understand men who sleep with a woman then call her a slag for it. It takes two to have sex, it makes no sense.

And this thing of "making the man wait" if he thinks it's not okay to do it, why is he trying? Is it some sort of test the woman has to pass? It's dumb.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No thanks. I'm horrifically old fashioned in a lot of ways though, admittedly.
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    To reverse the question would you go on a second date with anyone who didn't sleep with you on the first date or made it clear sex wasn't on the cards for a long time or not at all.

Still no luck James?
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww really princess, did you see them again after?

If I wanted to see them again then I did... Me and my boyfriend have been together nearly a year and we slept together on our first date, which was the day after we met.