Options

EastEnders: Danny Dyer on awards, Mick's future and Carter clan shocks

Comments

• Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That last line - It sent shivers down my spine!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad he's decided to stick around. Can't wait to see what's in store for Mick.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Lee's returning >:( I must have been the only person who wasn't looking forward to Mick punching anyone, and I certainly don't think Dean deserves it. I'm glad he is sticking around, I like Mick and his family.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    So Lee's returning >:( I must have been the only person who wasn't looking forward to Mick punching anyone, and I certainly don't think Dean deserves it. I'm glad he is sticking around, I like Mick and his family.

Not a fan of Lee? :D Personally I quite like him. In the five minutes he was on screen, IMO he acted Tyler, Joey, Anthony and others in his age group out of the water.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danny Dyer seems to be a thoroughly decent bloke, and I'm glad to hear that he won't be leaving for a while at least.

What I like most about Mick is he just a normal everyday man who show's a dark streak on occasion, compared to the other male characters whom are either hen-pecked, serial cheats or violent gangsters. They have polluted the screen for several years, and Mick is certainly a refreshing change!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    Danny Dyer seems to be a thoroughly decent bloke, and am glad to hear that he won't be leaving for a while at least.

What I like most about Mick is he just a normal everyday man who show's a dark streak on occasion, compared to the other male characters whom are either hen- pecked, serial cheats or violent gangsters. They have polluted the screen for several years, and Mick is certainly a refreshing change!

I whole-heartedly agree with that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Not a fan of Lee? :D Personally I quite like him. In the five minutes he was on screen, IMO he acted Tyler, Joey, Anthony and others in his age group out of the water.

I thought the actor who played Lee was decent from what I saw so far, but I still can't get that ridiculous image of him crying out of my head :D.

I do appreciate the fact that he is a young actor who is just really starting off, so he will most likely improve come time. Like you said, he is far superior than the likes of other male characters around his age group who joined (and left) in recent years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the actor who played Lee was decent from what I saw so far, but I still can't get that ridiculous image of him crying out of my head :D.

I do appreciate the fact that he is a young actor who is just really starting off, so he will most likely improve come time. Like you said, he is far superior than the likes of other male characters around his age who joined (and left) in recent years.

I liked that scene. Maybe it was badly acted (not from my point of view though) but it looked like Lee was trying to be brave and not break down, even as he started crying. I could sort of relate to Mick's feelings in that scene, listening to a family member who's just come back from war so maybe I'm being subjective here lol.
  • Options
    aspijackaspijack Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like a nice guy I liked this part

As for Sexiest Male - I'm pushing 40, I've got a beer belly and I'm growing a pair of tits. So to every pot-bellied man out there, there's hope for you all.
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danny Dyer: As for Sexiest Male - I'm pushing 40, I've got a beer belly and I'm growing a pair of tits. So to every pot-bellied man out there, there's hope for you all.

LOL :D Like that comment. Shows he's down to earth and grounded.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Danny Dyer: As for Sexiest Male - I'm pushing 40, I've got a beer belly and I'm growing a pair of tits. So to every pot-bellied man out there, there's hope for you all.

LOL :D Like that comment. Shows he's down to earth and grounded.

Haha yup, brilliant comment! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked that scene. Maybe it was badly acted (not from my point of view though) but it looked like Lee was trying to be brave and not break down, even as he started crying. I could sort of relate to Mick's feelings in that scene, listening to a family member who's just come back from war so maybe I'm being subjective here lol.

You raise a very good point there in regards to Lee's crying. The thing that I liked most about the actor who played Lee is he actually had romantic chemistry with the ladies who play Whitney and Lucy when being compared to compared to Joey.

And he blended in with the rest of his establish family so fast. Which was a hard thing to achieve as the rest of the family have been there several months prior.
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha yup, brilliant comment! :D

A true East Londoner in the way he talks :D.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You raise a very good point there in regards to Lee's crying. The thing that I liked most about the actor who played Lee is he actually had romantic chemistry with the ladies who play Whitney and Lucy when being compared to compared to Joey.

And he blended in with the rest of his establish family so fast. Which was a hard thing to achieve as the rest of the family have been there several months prior.

Indeed, it seemed so natural. He teased his younger siblings in the typical big brother manner, had a heart-to-heart with grandpa and his dad and tried comforting his distraught mum. It didn't feel forced at all.
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    A true East Londoner in the way he talks :D.

Very true! I'm actually imagining him saying it in his Cockney accent too :D
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like him more than I did before and I liked him already! Hope he sticks around
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    I luv Danny :D
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love how in depth and long his answers are. Danny has clearly put a lot of thought and effort into Mick.
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great interview. Reminds me a bit of the interviews Emmett Scanlan used to do for Hollyoaks where his enthusiasm and investment in the role shone through with every sentence.

I especially love the way he talks about the Spectacular Scene nomination. He really sounds passionate about it and I genuinely hope it wins.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great interview. I just love Mick and Danny Dyer. Hope he stays around for ages.
  • Options
    Ronell_DavisRonell_Davis Posts: 4,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good interview love Danny I think him and the Carter family have been a breath of fresh air to Eastenders I hope they are successful at the Soap Awards as well :).
  • Options
    linc52linc52 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good interview love Danny I think him and the Carter family have been a breath of fresh air to Eastenders I hope they are successful at the Soap Awards as well :).

i agree with everything you have said:)