CS - no Carla/Tina showdown - disappointing

Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
Forum Member
✭✭✭
:( Was hoping for this showdown completely!

Comments

• BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless Tina wakes up in hospital when Carla is there, she gloats about sending Rob to prison and about her affair with Peter and then Carla flips and kills her..
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    :( Was hoping for this showdown completely!

...I know I think we were robbed (pardon the pun)
  • Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    ...I know I think we were robbed (pardon the pun)

Definitely Rob'd :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob and Tracy are made for each other
  • samcheesesamcheese Posts: 1,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe we won't get a confrontation?!
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Isn't that the whole point of affairs in soaps? To end with a massive catfight?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plus the ironic thing is the whole pub are going to think it was Carla wot dun it.

Given her reaction to Peter's bombshell.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Mud wrestling would've been better lol.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a wasted opportunity. The showdown between those two would have provided the best drama of the night. Crazy not to do it. >:(:(
  • sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kazza81 wrote: »
    Rob and Tracy are made for each other

LOL in more ways then one......Both murderers .....
  • Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorrento wrote: »
    LOL in more ways then one......Both murderers .....

not quite, Tracy is a cold blooded murderer who has even bragged in the past about it, Rob is guilty of manslaughter
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member

but the cat did scratch his face :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feels rather anti climatic :(
  • KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A staple of Corrie since Ena and Elsie battled on the cobbles in 1961, the showdown between Carla and Tina should have been the main outcomes of this whole storyline.

Really disappointed in Corrie tonight.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    What a wasted opportunity. The showdown between those two would have provided the best drama of the night. Crazy not to do it. >:(:(
    The Carla suspect video was brilliant -- was hoping they would air that.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame we never got one, all the crap of watching the affair only for no confrontation to happen. We could have easily had one without Carla being the person who pushed her.
  • Carla-esqueCarla-esque Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    We could have easily had one without Carla being the person who pushed her.
    That's what I was hoping. :(
  • boxer1988boxer1988 Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://twitter.com/SoapSquawk/status/471392267585191937
    "When we chatted to @michkeegan she said she didn't want a confrontation between Carla and Tina cos she would get her arse kicked!"

:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »

I agree.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    At first i was pretty bummed about missing out on the confrontation but now I think it's actually a good thing. One of the things Carla probably needed to do was have it out with Tina but will now never get the chance. All that anger bottled up inside will make for a very explosive Carla, I doubt she'll get much confrontation back from Peter who'll most likely be completely out of it on booze and full of self pity. So i'm quite looking forward to seeing where they take Carla with this next.
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm far more interested in Carla and Peter's confrontation than a cliched old catfight which, let's face it, we've seen done to death a million times in every soap. An unusual editorial decision, to be sure. But one I applaud because it confounds expectations.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    At first i was pretty bummed about missing out on the confrontation but now I think it's actually a good thing. One of the things Carla probably needed to do was have it out with Tina but will now never get the chance. All that anger bottled up inside will make for a very explosive Carla, I doubt she'll get much confrontation back from Peter who'll most likely be completely out of it on booze and full of self pity. So i'm quite looking forward to seeing where they take Carla with this next.

I actually agree with this. Carla has really no one to take it out on, with Tona dead and Peter most likely just drunk out of his mind. She might even get a few "what goes around, comes around" from other characters. What is she going yo do next, how will she react?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    I don't think they could risk a Tina/Carla showdown or rather a Michelle/Alison acting showdown! This would just show up the simple fact that Alison would act her off the screen.. I am delighted the Tinacharacter has been killed off because although her acting is mediocre at best, she has been crowbarred into practically every story and every scene far beyond her ability. Ok I wouldn't put her in the acting dump with the ones that play Fizz, Maria, Tracey, Andrea or Michelle but she isn't much better.

I think she is doing a sensible thing in leaving, I only hope she does start to seriously concentrate on acting and not go the glamour lads mag way that Helen Flanagan did.

I don't think winning sexiest female (or male!) should be a proud moment for an actress/actor, surely it should be about the work? I rather think this has gone against Michelle Keegan really.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I wanted a bitchy argument between the pair of then but now that is unlikely to happen.
  • QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that the episode was good, but the killer being Rob and there being no cat fight between Carla and Tina really disappointed me