Options

Coronation Street Violet wilson

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
Forum Member
During her time on corrie was she a supporting character, did anyone else find her boring and dull

Comments

• Options
    moagmoag Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who., what role did she play
  • Options
    Forum Member
    moag wrote: »
    Who., what role did she play
    she played jason girlfriend but i didn't watch corrie back then
  • Options
    moagmoag Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was that the one that has the baby to Sean .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    moag wrote: »
    Was that the one that has the baby to Sean .
    Yes:)
  • Options
    cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Violet left it was the first time I was genuinely happy with a characters exit..in corrie terms I think it may be the only time as the only other soap exits ive been excited about have been EE - Derek, Eddie and Alfie (1st time)
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was played by a decent actress and played a good supporting role in Shelley and Charlie's abuse storyline. She also gave a great performance when her character suffered the ectopic pregnancy. If I remember rightly she was also a former student of Ken's and used to refer to him as "Sir". The character made a one-off appearance in 2011 when Sean visited Dylan in London but she was written as being quite an emotionally distant and unlikeable character- which she never was when she actually lived on the Street.
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    During her time on corrie was she a supporting character, did anyone else find her boring and dull

I find threads on characters that left years ago and are more or less forgotton about, boring and dull.
  • Options
    TTTVTTTV Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes.
    I find threads on characters that left years ago and are more or less forgotton about, boring and dull.

Then ignore them. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,954
    Forum Member
    She was ok, but she irritated me after she lost her baby and became really desperate to get pregnant again. She was only in her twenties but went on like time was running out for her.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was really popular before the baby storyline with Sean and returning as a cow a few years ago.
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She and Jason were one of my favourite couples. He was good with Rosie and now with Eva, but his relationship with Violet was something really special.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she played jason girlfriend but i didn't watch corrie back then

:confused:
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was lovely until the pregnancy thing with Sean. Agreed to have a child with him and then cut him off completely when she had what she wanted from him and then found a new boyfriend to support her and the child.
  • Options
    rollockingbatrollockingbat Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She came in as a genuinely likeable character who seemed to have her own mind, but as is usual though for single young women in soaps, six to twelve months down the line the writers didn't seem to know what to do with her anymore and after ending her relationship with Jason they put her with Jamie Baldwin and she became involved in the godawful Jamie/Frankie affair. The character was doomed further when the baby storyline with Sean came to fruition and the Violet that was originally introduced seemed to steadily disappear. Shame, cos she seemed a really solid character in the beginning, was a good friend to Shelley and her student/teacher relationship with Ken Barlow wasn't explored enough in my opinion either.