Options

DEP /Dr Watson keeps closing Windows Explorer when my phone's connected.

Just recently had a problem when i connect my Viewty phone to my Laptop to transfer files.

When i connect them using Mass Storage mode on my phone so i can just drag and drop stuff onto my memory card, all my desktop icons flicker off and then all the windows (of explorer) disappear.
I think it did the error reporting thing a few times and one of the times it told me that DEP had closed explorer. (can't remember specifics now 'cos i've been driving myself mad trying it over and over!) i've tried it repeatedly and it seems fine when i look at pictures, music etc on my memory card but as soon as the videos folder is in view or i try to transfer vids etc it closes. I have also had the Dr Watson message a couple of times and then my laptop freezes completely and i have to restart.

I've been downloading and trying out a few different video converters in past couple days, I wanted to convert a Video_TS from a DVD i recorded from my Sky+ to .avi or something so i could then use my DivX converter so i could put it on my phone. (long way round i'm sure:o)

I wondered if i'd downloaded something dodgy along the way as i've never had a problem tranferring files and videos between my computer and phone before but all the converter programmes were from decent sites (i have McAffee and use the site advisor thing)

I tried to turn DEP off for windows explorer but then it just went straight to Dr Watson and crashed when i tried to move files between phone and laptop.

Any ideas what's goin on? I've been googling for info but not really getting anywhere.:(

Any help appreciated. :)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I managed to get some stuff transferred to my phone's memory card after deleting what i didn't need off it and using the horrible LG software for a couple things, i then formatted my memory card to see if it helped and all was well for a bit.

Connected them this morning and it's being dodgy again, crashed etc and also it's done the same just looking at my videos folder on my laptop without the phone connected.

It's drivin me crazy now, seriously, any advice at all...please? :)