Comments

• mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its an old pic though

Not really the point though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I think if PG is a hit and then their own lead single does well enough in the UK to get a summer push here, they might get a little extra press for it around the single launch. Otherwise, I'd guess we've probably already seen most of it.
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expect UK press to be most on it, since it involves the home team as it were. I'm not even a Britney fan and I'm kind of excited for this. I want to see how it plays out with a high budget video and all.

Nissl I still think there's a lot more mileage left in telling that they wrote it originally. If it crosses outside of the US, the lead in for them will be "the Pretty Girls hitmakers".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he's going to dog them anywhere they'd go, as long as Perrie insists on that connection. Which means either Perrie has to disconnect, or the girls have to disconnect from Perrie. The latter is kind of unthinkable, so hopefully the girls can become a lot more relevant than him to counteract any more antics. What I dont want to see is their essence being slowly drained away as they become stymied over and over.

At the moment, I think Olly Murs is still Syco's biggest male star. He has a proven track record and sells big at home. A former boybander who cant release until later is still an unknown.

Also, its one thing to display inappropriate behaviors towards a bf/gf/fiancee even, because the "sowing wild oats" thing can be applied as needed, but its entirely different for a married person to do that to a spouse. The public at large is definitely against that.

LM's female assertativeness doesn't include dumping self-centred boyfriends it seems.
    On the other hand this should all be good source material for album 4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    LM's female assertativeness doesn't include dumping self-centred boyfriends it seems.
    On the other hand this should all be good source material for album 4.

That's the main problem with all of this. Its not like all sorts of people dont have similar situations, as I'm sure we all know someone in similar, but in this case 1/4 is impinging on the brand they built up. 1/4 is assumed to be the case for 3/4 which isnt really true, but thats how it looks to most people.

Left Eye burning down her bf's house and going to jail for it was pretty extreme behavior, but I think it didnt really hurt TLC's brand because it fit the "dont mess with this girl" mythos.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its kind of funny. Invisible Men wanted the song, Britney wanted the song, and Iggy wanted the song. We're supposed to believe LM didnt want the song? At least everyone was scrapping for it, thats a good sign.
  • old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It makes me wonder who actually made the decision not to use PG?? Just Jesy, or all the girls together???
    I know they said the track didn't fit with what they were aiming for, but surely if the track was seen to be good, why not put it out as a one-off --- and reap the benefits??
    I have some concern about the decision making process that's being employed..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^That's if you believe the story that it didnt fit their album. I find it more believable that Britney took it, esp. with Iggy's blabbing tonight.

Particularly, have we ever heard of them offering other songs to the market?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some solid info about Pretty Girls from an Extra! producer at tonight's awards show.

@CandidlyCarlo · 1h
    I'm about to drop some Iggy quotes about "Pretty Girls" from today's #IHeartRadioAwards red carpet. Y'all ready?

''Pretty Girls' kind of already existed but we changed it a little bit more to fit in with Britney. I just did a verse on it." @IGGYAZALEA

"Then I didn't hear anything back. So I was calling 'are we not doing the song?' And they said she does want the song....." @IGGYAZALEA

"...but we don't know when her album will come out. Then I said "I'll take the song and put it on my album and she can feature on it''

"Then I got another call that said no wait, she is ready to put the song out. She is ready with an album! So it's gonna be her first single"

"I had re-written it a little by then and made it more of a duet so it kind of worked out that it went through all this" @IGGYAZALEA

"It worked out because now it's a true duet. It's not just me rapping one verse. It's really us together on the song." @IGGYAZALEA

"We both sing the hook together it's super cool and fun. I love that it's worked out this way because it's going to make for a cooler video"

"Pretty Girls' kind of already existed" - I've noticed Iggy tries to conceal it was already written before she happened upon the scene in most of her interviews. :\

The back and forth "could" possibly explain the period between the early April session LM and Cottone had with Invisible Men, and the theoretical August excited tweets.

The Reliable Insider at PJ just said "I heard the "Britney" version of the song. So I'm really excited about this new version actually."
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    Im not liking iggy on this whole story, first when she tweeted "im notc collaborating with little mix" or sth like that it came off as ~ I dont want my image related to theirs so lets end this rumours pronto ~ and now this "kind of already existed", really? Would it hurt to admit why? If it was sia there as a writer I bet the sentence would be different, I think the thing here is more that people think their a child act than being unknown..
    Oh well I like nicki better anyways
  • OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they didn't give the song up. I just feel like it's going to be a massive hit and LM will end up having an average lead single... I hope I'm wrong though.
    Forum Member
    Yea I fear for that as well
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's wait and see about what Pretty Girls sounds like. The girls may have rejected it because it sounded like another song they wrote, like when Katy Perry donated Black Widow to Iggy because it sounded similar to Dark Horse (a superior song).

The theme may also be more appropriate to someone like Britney who is a legend that people the girls' age have always looked up to. "Pretty Girls" with photos of the very beautiful LM on it might just look like an advert for an 'introduction' site.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's the main problem with all of this. Its not like all sorts of people dont have similar situations, as I'm sure we all know someone in similar, but in this case 1/4 is impinging on the brand they built up. 1/4 is assumed to be the case for 3/4 which isnt really true, but thats how it looks to most people.

Left Eye burning down her bf's house and going to jail for it was pretty extreme behavior, but I think it didnt really hurt TLC's brand because it fit the "dont mess with this girl" mythos.

Left Eye was some character, I'm not sure Perrie could even aspire to being like her.

Personally I don't know what she sees in him. He's just another aspiring Robbie and he won't be as good. Look at all the solo failures from Westlife.
  • DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's true about Olly Murs, I was thinking about Zayn being their big new signing. They will push his career if he wants to go mainstream. Olly is probably doing X Factor so may not tour next year. With 1D reaching the end of their lifespan (at least pre-hiatus) and Labrinth not a major player yet Little Mix could be the premiere touring and international act on SyCo next year. I would dearly love them to have changed label by then though.

If we haven't heard new music by middle of April I will be expecting them to do a long campaign with first single at BGT then either album or post-album single at X Factor, hopefully with lots of international promo in between. Ideally they could fit in a tour before the end of the year as they have lost a lot of festival income.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    old mixer wrote: »
    It makes me wonder who actually made the decision not to use PG?? Just Jesy, or all the girls together???
    I know they said the track didn't fit with what they were aiming for, but surely if the track was seen to be good, why not put it out as a one-off --- and reap the benefits??
    I have some concern about the decision making process that's being employed..

Jesy seems to be the smartest (and ostensibly the leader) so she should make the decisions.
    Let's wait and see about what Pretty Girls sounds like. The girls may have rejected it because it sounded like another song they wrote, like when Katy Perry donated Black Widow to Iggy because it sounded similar to Dark Horse (a superior song).

The theme may also be more appropriate to someone like Britney who is a legend that people the girls' age have always looked up to. "Pretty Girls" with photos of the very beautiful LM on it might just look like an advert for an 'introduction' site.

I never thought I would ever be waiting to hear a Britney single so much :o
    Currently listening to Sigur Ros, Television and Nirvana (at length), so this is certainly going to be something different.
    Forum Member
    Whats tidal
    Forum Member
    Nevermind I just found it lol
  • old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    Jesy seems to be the smartest (and ostensibly the leader) so she should make the decisions.
    I thought it was Jade ??
    The girls defer to Jesy on whether a song is "cool", as she has firm opinions on that..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    old mixer wrote: »
    I thought it was Jade ??
    The girls defer to Jesy on whether a song is "cool", as she has firm opinions on that..

Jesy is a lot more coherent I thought that should make her leader. And if she is the taste setter then that's another reason. But I guess you guys know better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Mix could be the premiere touring and international act on SyCo next year.

This is Syco you're talking about.
    Zone_Out wrote: »

Her story goes from "I'm co-directing the video with her" to "I'm directing". This girl is ambitious. Britney better make sure Iggy doesnt co opt this song more.
    Forum Member
    I consider jesy the leader as well
  • Fin_BrownFin_Brown Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^agreed^ jesy reminds me of Geri for some reason. especially from the last era
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they didn't give the song up. I just feel like it's going to be a massive hit and LM will end up having an average lead single... I hope I'm wrong though.

To be honest, LM dont have the star power yet to catapult this into the heights. Britney does. The song probably has been adapted to fit Britney and Iggy so we'll never really know how the LM version would have fared.
This discussion has been closed.