Result:

[highlight]Winners:[/highlight]
Pamela & James
[highlight]Runners Up:[/highlight]
Kara & Artem (to be confirmed)

Comments

• Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    Three couples tied after the audience vote, Pamela & James, Kara & Artem and Matt & Aliona, so the judges scores decided the final placing - not the audience votes!:( And because Len only gave Kara & Artem a 6 for their AS, Pamela & James came top of the judges scores so consequently won the glitter ball tonight.

I can see this happening every night if Len continues to undermark K&A to that extent!
  • Bonnie96Bonnie96 Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    I still reckon he has piles :(

It has to be wrong for the Judges' scores to take precedence on the tour when they don't on the main show?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Three couples TIED? on the audience vote? Yeah right.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anaronkita wrote: »
    Three couples TIED? on the audience vote? Yeah right.

No, on the audience and judges' vote combined - the audience vote giving a score just as the judges' vote does, like on the main show. So yes, they can be tied.

Horrible scoring system, effectively cheating the public. I'll be interested to see if it's announced and explained clearly enough to be unchallengable...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry being a bit dense there - but don't like it being decided by the judges and not the audience - perhaps by the time they get to Glasgow the audience will be booing the panel when they come on.... lol
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anaronkita wrote: »
    Sorry being a bit dense there - but don't like it being decided by the judges and not the audience - perhaps by the time they get to Glasgow the audience will be booing the panel when they come on.... lol

No me neither, I don't think it's fair on the people who pay to vote. I'll certainly be booing Len if he gives Kara a 6 again! :p
    Forum Member
    Leave it to a Glasgow audience - they'll sort them out :D
  • strictlyawesomestrictlyawesome Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Result sounds very fishy !! They have never taken the judges scores as part of the equation before as far as I know !! The result has been purely on the voting public in the Arena on the night !!! How likely is it that you are going to get a tie with the public vote, let alone a three way tie. Something odd going on !!! Fix :confused:
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,554
    Forum Member
    No, on the audience and judges' vote combined - the audience vote giving a score just as the judges' vote does, like on the main show. So yes, they can be tied.

Horrible scoring system, effectively cheating the public. I'll be interested to see if it's announced and explained clearly enough to be unchallengable...

If its a 3 way tie the public vote has to reverse the judges order. If they went with the public vote Matt will always win for being third best with the judges , with the judges marks deciding its going to be Pamela winning - because they seem still to be overmarking her and undermarking Kara .

Interestingly its the reverse of the sitaution with Rachel where the tour public vote ensured the best dancer won the tour wheras the actual viewers vote had gone for Tom.
  • strictlyawesomestrictlyawesome Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If its a 3 way tie the public vote has to reverse the judges order. If they went with the public vote Matt will always win for being third best with the judges , with the judges marks deciding its going to be Pamela winning - because they seem still to be overmarking her and undermarking Kara .

Interestingly its the reverse of the sitaution with Rachel where the tour public vote ensured the best dancer won the tour wheras the actual viewers vote had gone for Tom.

I did'nt think the judges scores were taken into account on the tour !!!! Find it highly unlikely that all three had exactly the same number of votes !!! Very strange:confused:
  • Nicki_r_pNicki_r_p Posts: 1,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spoke to one of the crew members after the show (although wasn't paying too much attention as Kara was trying to sign my programme at the time!) - she said something about the votes being rounded up to a certain ten / hundred etc etc.

Highly unlikely that 3 couples could have polled exactly the same number of votes.
    Zoe gave the distinct impression that it was based on audience voted.....
    I think I've got it on video. I'll upload so you can watch...
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    This is the first time they have included the judges votes in the final results. Going on that, the result must have been:

Pamela & James - 8 Judges + 6 Audience = 14
    Kara & Artem - 7 Judges + 7 Audience = 14
    Matt & Aliona - 6 Judges + 8 Audience = 14

Thus all three tied. But I'm surprised that Matt scored more with the audience than Kara & Artem who by all accounts got the best reaction.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg I knew this would happen! So evident the Judges are going to consistently undermark Kara and overmark Pamela.
  • apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    If Kara and Artem want more than 6 or 7 from Len they should do more of their AS in hold instead of keep banging their heads against a brick wall.
  • Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    all I can say to this is :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • SideshowStuSideshowStu Posts: 11,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given that the first tour was marred by multiple votes being cast by people who weren't even in the building at the time, and on the 2nd tour show that I saw there were three young ladies behind me who voted 200+ times each for their faves - much to the consternation of the elderly couple I was sitting next to :D - I'm surprised that anyone is that concerned as to who wins the show :confused:

Maybe it isn't 'fair' that the judges have the final say but it surely isn't any fairer for a few individuals to cancel out the votes of others who have also paid to see the show but are more conservative in their voting habits? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people who weren't even there care how the voting went? Doesn't it only matter on the night they actually go and see it?:confused:
    Forum Member
    Given that the first tour was marred by multiple votes being cast by people who weren't even in the building at the time, and on the 2nd tour show that I saw there were three young ladies behind me who voted 200+ times each for their faves - much to the consternation of the elderly couple I was sitting next to :D - I'm surprised that anyone is that concerned as to who wins the show :confused:

Maybe it isn't 'fair' that the judges have the final say but it surely isn't any fairer for a few individuals to cancel out the votes of others who have also paid to see the show but are more conservative in their voting habits? :)
    I remember the furore over this last year :mad:

It's one thing to be supportive of one couple or another but multi votes is a bit extreme, I think - plus all it does it line the Tour Operators' (and Craig's as director :p ) pockets.
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be interesting to see what happens tonight re the vote........I am very very suspicious about it to be honest. If the same thing happens today (with a different winner) then I will suspect a 'fix' to get everyone at least 1 win over the tour.
    'Rounding up or down to the nearest 10 or 100' .....thats stupid if one couple gets 1 more vote than another then they have won the vote surely.........

The very first tour was scored the same as on the show judges scores and public vote but since then the judges scores were for guidance only...allowing Julian Clary to win some shows and Kenny to win every Scottish show.

I think its perhaps time to do away with the 'winning' aspect on tour and just go to enjoy the dancing......I think that the shows organisers underestimate how seriously people can take it. However if they are going to include a vote people are paying for then it should be done fairly and correctly.
    Forum Member
    It could be that the first few shows are a testing ground to see what works and what doesn't - like the scripted 'Bruno fall' and Ricky G's water sign.

It'll be intertesting to see if the Tour follows the pattern set by the series with the top 3 being interchangeable for the win each show.

The Tour shouldn't be manipulated in any way though considering people are paying hugely for tickets and then votes.

I would have said that a ticket bought entitles you to 1 free vote.
  • katie_pkatie_p Posts: 10,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its perhaps time to do away with the 'winning' aspect on tour and just go to enjoy the dancing......I think that the shows organisers underestimate how seriously people can take it. However if they are going to include a vote people are paying for then it should be done fairly and correctly.
    I've certainly enjoyed seeing my favourites win a couple of times (although not so much that I'd vote more than a couple of times!), and I think it does add something because it makes it more like the show itself. Although if the dancers just came out and performed without being scored, we could do away with the judges, which would certainly be a good thing!

I guess the tour operators don't really care if people take it too seriously- just means more money for them.
    x-cherry-x wrote: »
    Why do people who weren't even there care how the voting went? Doesn't it only matter on the night they actually go and see it?:confused:
    I guess they might be thinking about what will happen when they do go and see it?

And I feel kind of sad about what's happened with Colin... I can't believe he has lost so much talent as to somehow be worse than Tina and Patsy :eek:
    He was the one I was most looking forward to, so now I'm half wondering whether to give away my ticket :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually can imagine Colin Jackson to be very rusty and scoring low to begin with. He last danced on SCD in 2005 - that's 5 years ago or a christmas special more recently?. If he hasn't danced since I doubt he can remember anything. He has a new partner and routine too which will make things different for him. He is a sportsman though and will push himself to improve over the course of the tour. Improvement will naturally occur too from dancing the same routines day after day (that will apply to all the stars too).

As to the voting system, it seems a shame that the judges get the final say over the public, but I actually prefer the system where the judges scores combine with the audience vote. It should just be that the decision should be based on the public vote in the event of a tie.

The individual marks awarded to couples with regards to overmarking/undermarking is always going to be a matter of opinion. The only thing I would have said is that Artem and Kara had about a month to tweak their A/S to include more in hold and they could perhaps change things very slightly over the course of the tour. Len also could potentially relax the rules a little as it is the tour - on previous tour DVD's there are obvious lifts which have been overlooked, Len could perhaps consider overlooking the lack of ballroom hold as there are other bits in a hold which I thought could have been considered acceptable.
  • DelightfulDelightful Posts: 1,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reading this thread, my gob has been truly smacked. I've never been to the live shows and always just presumed that when people talked on here about the audience vote, that each member of the audience got one vote, so in essence, the couple preferred by the majority of the audience, would win.

I can't believe after paying to see the show, that you then have to pay to vote and then even if your favourite wins the audience vote, it may not matter as the opinions of three people who are being paid to judge, have precedence over the paying public's preferences, Utterly disgraceful!! :mad:.
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grrr dso pamela is going to win quite a few times then
  • katie_pkatie_p Posts: 10,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually can imagine Colin Jackson to be very rusty and scoring low to begin with. He last danced on SCD in 2005 - that's 5 years ago or a christmas special more recently?. If he hasn't danced since I doubt he can remember anything. He has a new partner and routine too which will make things different for him. He is a sportsman though and will push himself to improve over the course of the tour. Improvement will naturally occur too from dancing the same routines day after day (that will apply to all the stars too).
    I think he did the 2006 Christmas special... but I still don't see he could have gotten so bad since then as to be worse than Tina and Patsy. Apart from anything else, he nailed the Quickstep in week two of his series, so he was able to pick it up very quickly from scratch... can't imagine that picking it up again but this time with a lot more experience behind him, would be harder.

The judges basically saying Colin's Quickstep was the second worst dance of the night? I really don't see it.