What ever happned to the cereal Lucky charms?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blofeld wrote: »
    I wish they'd bring them back, So what if they have a bit too much sugar compared to our cereals, what every happened to choice for crying out loud?

Thankfully my flatmate has a brother in the States, every so often he gets a box full of American food and drink, often a few boxes of Lucky Charms and some cans of Mountain Dew, which is the best lemonade style drink out there IMO.

I've seen Mountain Dew on sale in various places but it's often a total rip off. I was lucky enough to visit an American base in Germany last month where I stocked up on American food and bought it home. They only charged the same as they would have done in the States so £6 got me pretty far!

Bring back Lucky Charms and make Mountain Dew commonplace in shops, not to mention the various other foods they have which far outdo certain brands we have here!

I heard that mountain dew was coming back to the UK, in fact I read an online article about it, couldn't link you to it though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Mountain dew has a place in the UK i didn't know it was even around in the UK ever, ill stick to Sprite or 7up thanks. I thought Oreos coming to the UK was outrageous they don't taste bad and i wouldn't refuse when offered to me, but i see them as a US thing also its a black biscuit? really? why?, ill stick to dunking Bourbons in my tea thank you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i used to love them as a kid, i would pick the marshmallow out and eat them seprately.
  • -N34-N34 Posts: 1,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ukool wrote: »
    i used to love them as a kid, i would pick the marshmallow out and eat them seprately.

Yeah same here. They really should bring them back. I was eating an all chocolate cereal this morning! Nesquick or something. If thats not unhealthy I don't know what is.
  • flower faerieflower faerie Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    -N34 wrote: »
    Yeah same here. They really should bring them back. I was eating an all chocolate cereal this morning! Nesquick or something. If thats not unhealthy I don't know what is.

Nesquick was my favorite! But I don't think they sell it here in the states any more. :(

I don't like eating cereal for breakfast. I only ever eat it as a night time snack. So, chocolatey cereal is like a dessert for me. :p
  • -N34-N34 Posts: 1,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nesquick was my favorite! But I don't think they sell it here in the states any more. :(

I don't like eating cereal for breakfast. I only ever eat it as a night time snack. So, chocolatey cereal is like a dessert for me. :p

I'll swap you a Nesquick for a Lucky Charms!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im sat here eating lucky charms :) i orderd them from americansweets.com, they took about a week to get here and cost £5.75 - a bit crazy when you think about it, but so worth it :)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Free as a birdFree as a bird Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friend brought some when she came back from the states, and gave me some.

Weren't as nice as I remembered them, but maybe they would be better with milk lol.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Niranjaniz wrote: »
    I don't think Mountain dew has a place in the UK i didn't know it was even around in the UK ever, ill stick to Sprite or 7up thanks. .

Mountain Dew which is made by Pepsi was released over here many years ago by CocaCola, but they changed the recipe so alot of people didnt buy it as it didnt taste the same.
    Apparently the US Dr Pepper tastes better than our Dr Pepper too. Something to do with the syrup used.

I got my wife 2 boxes of Lucky Charms for her birthday last year which she was made up with as all she kept on going on about was why dont they sell them anymore.