Would you breast feed your 6 year old son?

Comments

• epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What issues is he going to have? I would prefer not to breastfeed that long, but I'm not bothered by it. I also have a lot of time for Dr. Sears. His Baby Book helped me a hell of a lot when I was frantic new mother, convinced I my every instinct was wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kids grow up so fast I'm sure he was four not so long ago
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    when he was six and found boobs the funniest thing ever, i told my son he used to drink from my boobs.

he asked me if he used a straw.

at 6 your at school

its weird.

bet they live in Islington.
  • BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As soon as they're old enough to chew, they're too old to breastfeed. Ouch:(
  • DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't personally but I don't care if other people do. It's their business and I don't see why it's considered newsworthy.
  • AnnaliseZAnnaliseZ Posts: 3,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't really bother me. I wouldn't do it personally but that's my choice. Isn't this perfectly acceptable in some cultures?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is going on with age of this child?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    Kids grow up so fast I'm sure he was four not so long ago

1 child is nearly 4 and shes breastfeeding her adopted son whos 5. Her mum breastfed her until she was 6.
    epicurian wrote: »
    What issues is he going to have? I would prefer not to breastfeed that long, but I'm not bothered by it. I also have a lot of time for Dr. Sears. His Baby Book helped me a hell of a lot when I was frantic new mother, convinced I my every instinct was wrong.

I think the photo of him staring at the camera attached to his mothers breast on tiptoes may be a problem with other children being cruel later on in life. Children as we all know can be very cruel. Breastfeeding is the most natural thing in the world. I'm a bit unsure about the 'setup' of this picture though. Its like it was meant to shock and not for the child's benefit either. I mean that in the sense of the picture its self.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I'm no expert but shouldn't this be considered child abuse? At what point will this mad woman stop breastfeeding? High school graduation maybe?
  • emily222emily222 Posts: 2,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoobeedoo wrote: »

he was 3 then nearly 4 now hes 6?

whatever
  • BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does she push her boob through the school gates at breaktime:o
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If a kid is old enough to ask they're too old to have it.
  • skazzaskazza Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    I'm no expert

Clearly, and slightly irritatingly so.
  • KubrickKubrick Posts: 1,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm no expert but shouldn't this be considered child abuse? At what point will this mad woman stop breastfeeding? High school graduation maybe?

Although I do think it is iridiculous for a Mother to still be breast feeding her child when they are six years old, I struggle to see how you can call it child abuse?

What an OTT reaction. :rolleyes:
  • Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would you breast feed your 6 year old son?

Well it's preferable to breast feeding somebody elses.
  • emily222emily222 Posts: 2,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so its gone from 3 to 6 yrs old? sheesh

breastfeeding a 6 yr old in this day and age and in america is wierd
    Forum Member
    Because she's breastfeeding a child which has no nutritional need or benefit for breast milk any more. Therefore he is essentially just sucking on her tits. It's abuse. There that wasn't so difficult to understand now was it?
  • AnnaliseZAnnaliseZ Posts: 3,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Child abuse? You need to look at the thread posted tonight about a woman hitting her 8 month old baby. That's child abuse.
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just been talking about this on Facebook. It's all a bit :eek: for me.
    Forum Member
    skazza wrote: »
    Clearly, and slightly irritatingly so.

Please do give us all your expert opinion.
    Forum Member
    AnnaliseZ wrote: »
    Child abuse? You need to look at the thread posted tonight about a woman hitting her 8 month old baby. That's child abuse.

Abuse comes in all kinds of different forms. Or do you think it just means battering someone with a cushion?
  • Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because she's breastfeeding a child which has no nutritional need or benefit for breast milk any more. Therefore he is essentially just sucking on her tits. It's abuse. There that wasn't so difficult to understand now was it?

If she is producing milk then he isn't just sucking on her tits as you so pleasantly put it. Sexualising breast feeding is in my opinion even more wrong than actually feeding a 6 year old.
  • skazzaskazza Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Better report her to the police then. Good luck with that.
  • irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abuse comes in all kinds of different forms. Or do you think it just means battering someone with a cushion?

Wouldn't classify it as being either physically or mentally abusive.... What other forms are there?
    Forum Member
    If she is producing milk then he isn't just sucking on her tits as you so pleasantly put it. Sexualising breast feeding is in my opinion even more wrong than actually feeding a 6 year old.

I'm just baffled by people thinking breastfeeding a 6 year old is an okay, run of the mill, no harm caused thing.

She wouldn't be producing breast milk if she had stopped breastfeeding when he was taking solid foods which sustained his weight and growth in a more affective way than breast milk on it's own. It's in nature if you don't believe me or so we see cows still suckling on their mothers teats when they've reached infancy?

By that kind of logic, we should all be going back to our mothers at the age of 30 for the odd swig of breast milk.