Options

Do you feel a bit robbed the winning reaction wasn't real?

I kind of do!!

Apparently this series was filmed a year ago, both Stella and Chris have been working for Siralan ever since on a trial basis, and they filmed 2 endings.

I wanted a real reaction.

Comments

• Options
    MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I kind of do!!

Apparently this series was filmed a year ago, both Stella and Chris have been working for Siralan ever since on a trial basis, and they filmed 2 endings.

I wanted a real reaction.

It was filmed in 2009 and I think that due to the "economic climate" and "tough financial times", he thought it best not to rub people's noses in the fact that he is so flippin' wealthy it's untrue. So the Beeb postponed it for a while. So there is bound to be a bit of covering up - otherwise the secret would have been released and there would be no surprise.

However, I felt that the reaction was real - didn't doubt Stella or Chris for a second.

Can I ask where you heard that rumour?
  • Options
    Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    both Stella and Chris have been working for Siralan ever since on a trial basis, and they filmed 2 endings.

Source??
    :confused:

I don't believe this is true at all, the actual winner was not known until a day or two before the final as far as I know.
  • Options
    JepsonJepson Posts: 3,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy_G wrote: »
    both Stella and Chris have been working for Siralan ever since on a trial basis, and they filmed 2 endings.

Source??

I don't believe this is true at all, the actual winner was not known until a day or two before the final as far as I know.

It's been all over this forum for ages and the reasons given seem very credible.

Stella actually said she'd been working for AS in the interim on breakfast TV yesterday and if she had been and Chris hadn't it would hardly have been a secret who won.
  • Options
    Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MoJo-Girl wrote: »
    It was filmed in 2009 and I think that due to the "economic climate" and "tough financial times", he thought it best not to rub people's noses in the fact that he is so flippin' wealthy it's untrue. So the Beeb postponed it for a while. So there is bound to be a bit of covering up - otherwise the secret would have been released and there would be no surprise.

However, I felt that the reaction was real - didn't doubt Stella or Chris for a second.

Can I ask where you heard that rumour?

Was not because of tough econimic times it was due to LS being a member of the government, and the BBC must been seen to be impartial in the run up to an election, schedualing clashes caused further delays in the broadcast.
    Past winners have confirmed that two winners reaction shots are made.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jepson wrote: »
    It's been all over this forum for ages and the reasons given seem very credible.

Stella actually said she'd been working for AS in the interim on breakfast TV yesterday and if she had been and Chris hadn't it would hardly have been a secret who won.

Yes that's fair enough.
    I suppose we shouldn't be too surprised at the way they do things, it's only an entertainment TV programme at the end of the day.

The boardroom is a just TV studio, and all the Taxi leaving scenes are filmed in one go at the start of filming, using Viglen HQ as a backdrop.
    Perhaps a lot of us take it all too seriously.
  • Options
    MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was not because of tough econimic times it was due to LS being a member of the government, and the BBC must been seen to be impartial in the run up to an election, schedualing clashes caused further delays in the broadcast.
    Past winners have confirmed that two winners reaction shots are made.

My brother applied for the series and got quite far in the audition process. He was told that it would be filmed in 2009 but not shown until 2010 due to the recession.
  • Options
    Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting take on what is 'real' - I've been filmed for TV programmes a couple of times and they do multiple takes of most things. So even if they only filmed the real winner reacting to being told they were hired, it's likely they would do several takes of it with no guarantee you'd be seeing the real first reaction.

I think Stella's reaction was 'real' enough, even though she was just reacting to the idea of being the winner I think her emotion was real.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    The reason they both work for LS is because they are not allowed to take employment until the final show has aired and the winner announced.

Since they can't go out of pocket, LS hires them for 6 months from filming until the winner is announced. Usually this is 6 months but because this series started so late, both finalist were working for him for almost year!

These are temporary jobs and not the real job which stella will do in Jan 2011.

Hope that clears any concerns.
  • Options
    floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    This has happened before, in series two both finalists were hired for six months although we, the audience, weren't told that. I recall the media leaking the story Ruth Badger was hired around the time the final episode was broadcast. We saw Sugar hiring Michelle Dewberry but then found out he'd already hired Ruth Badger for six months! I was a bit peeved off about that.

I'm guessing (could be wrong) it's happened in most or all of the other series. I agree with the first poster, it is misleading or even, dare I say, dishonesty but all reality tv shows are manipulated in some way.
  • Options
    sergio2006sergio2006 Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes that's fair enough.
    I suppose we shouldn't be too surprised at the way they do things, it's only an entertainment TV programme at the end of the day.

The boardroom is a just TV studio, and all the Taxi leaving scenes are filmed in one go at the start of filming, using Viglen HQ as a backdrop.Perhaps a lot of us take it all too seriously.

That cant be true, they always talk about what happend in the boardroom and why they were fired, so how can that be possible?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The BBC faked a Blue Peter phone-in competition not that long ago and got into a bit of trouble over that. One of Blue Peter's producers had to make a public apology so faking stuff on tv shows happens all the time. I do think hiring two finalists for six months or however long it is does make a mockery out of the show - the concept is to find one apprentice, not hire two of 'em for a trial period. That's never mentioned. Episode 1 of each series never has the voice-over man saying

"Lord Sugar is looking for two finalists to hire for a trial period."

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sergio2006 wrote: »
    That cant be true, they always talk about what happend in the boardroom and why they were fired, so how can that be possible?

It's just the walk out of the building and to the taxi that is pre filmed.

The reason being that that is actually Sugar's Brentwood HQ but the boardroom used for filming is a fake, miles away.

That's why they are always wrapped up as if it's the coldest night of the year - so that there are no (or minimal) continuity gaffes with clothing.

Apparently they cocked this up in the first series - hence the subterfuge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's a pity they don't film the bit inside the taxi before they are fired. That would be surreal. Them explaining why they've been fired before they've done any tasks. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sergio2006 wrote: »

Yeah good point, wherever I picked that up from must have been talking nonsense. Sorry.
    :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah good point, wherever I picked that up from must have been talking nonsense. Sorry.
    :o

See post #13.

Wherever you picked it up from it was correct.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jepson wrote: »
    See post #13.

Wherever you picked it up from it was correct.

Oh right I'm glad we've cleared that up, I was convinced I read it on here somewhere.
  • Options
    OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't that asian candidate shave his head during the series (a couple years ago) and when 'fired' he had his hair back long when he exited the 'boardroom' building?

:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My belief is that the final task is filmed following on from the interviews (ie in this case back in 09) then the two of them worked for LS in the interim then the actual hiring took place and was filmed very recently.

If anything, imo this actually heightens the reactions because they both have had a taste of the environment and also , presumably, the lifestyle. So to me, Chris's reaction was "more gutted" than it would have been if it was filmed back in 09 having had the trial work period in between.

Stella's reaction definitely wasn't staged and I don't believe they could get that reaction from either by telling them to 'imagine' the scenario. They're not professional actors (as we've seen in various tasks this series :D)
  • Options
    cookie_365cookie_365 Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    milmol wrote: »
    My belief is that the final task is filmed following on from the interviews (ie in this case back in 09) then the two of them worked for LS in the interim then the actual hiring took place and was filmed very recently.

If anything, imo this actually heightens the reactions because they both have had a taste of the environment and also , presumably, the lifestyle. So to me, Chris's reaction was "more gutted" than it would have been if it was filmed back in 09 having had the trial work period in between.

Stella's reaction definitely wasn't staged and I don't believe they could get that reaction from either by telling them to 'imagine' the scenario. They're not professional actors (as we've seen in various tasks this series :D)
    Nope. They film at the end of the tasks, and film two endings.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/series6/workings.shtml

Otherwise they'd have to rebuild the set and bring back LS and K and N and Cousin It just for a single day's filming.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    If anyone has watched the "your fired" shows, everyone looks so different because its a year on, Karen has no fringe and Stuart had lost weight ect, so if they only filmed the endings a few days before the show was aired, they would of looked different.

It was well documented last year they filmed 2 endings and siralan picked the winner a few days before and called them to tell them, then they just showed the ending that fitted.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Source??

Stella starts work for SAS on 4th January 2011
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    Stella starts work for SAS on 4th January 2011

That's right.

When he told her she'd won, a few days ago, he also, generously, told her to take the rest of the year off. :D
  • Options
    DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    samknows wrote: »
    The reason they both work for LS is because they are not allowed to take employment until the final show has aired and the winner announced.

Since they can't go out of pocket, LS hires them for 6 months from filming until the winner is announced. Usually this is 6 months but because this series started so late, both finalist were working for him for almost year!

Bizarre - in this scenario you'd imagine that the reports he would have had about their year's worth of employment would be far more indicative of their real value than some dodgy made-for-tv task so I wonder how much of what we saw on screen actually had any bearing on the choice. Unless they were each stuck in a broom cupboard for a year with AS deliberately ignoring any reports on their activities.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Come on, they did not re-shot AS decision a year later!!! She may only have just been picked but the reaction shows was recorded a year ago.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,530
    Forum Member
    Come on, they did not re-shot AS decision a year later!!! She may only have just been picked but the reaction shows was recorded a year ago.
    In which case (and I don't doubt it) Stella would make a bladdy good actress, especially with the way she did that choked thing with her voice. :)