Options

Pasta Packed Lunch Recipes

PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi

I am getting a bit bored of sandwiches and with the seasons changing I was thinking that I could change my lunch to a tupperware full of pasta.

But I would like some recipes, hot (we have a microwave in work) and cold, but please think of me a complete novice so the recipes should include if I should cook the sauce then put it with the pasta to be reheated at lunch time, things like that.

I would really be grateful for any advice people can provide.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tuna pasta salad
    Macaroni Cheese
    Lasagna
    Spaghetti Bolognese
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Tuna pasta is really easy - just cook your pasta, allow to cool then add some tinned sweetcorn, tuna and mayo. I also make pesto pasta - just mix some pesto and some chopped cherry tomatoes into the cooked pasta.

Tomato sauces are also easy and you can use up whatever you have in the cupboards. You can make a sauce by frying some onions then adding chopped tomatoes and any veg or meat you like. You can use bacon (which you can chop then fry with the onion), garlic, sun dried tomatoes, olives, courgettes, aubergines, meat left over from a Sunday roast etc.

I hope that helps! The BBC good food website is always good if you want more ideas.
  • Options
    PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tuna pasta salad
    Macaroni Cheese
    Lasagna
    Spaghetti Bolognese

Thank you for your advice unfortunately I need more detail for example for the mac and cheese do I cook it in the oven then let it cool put it in the lunch box and then microwave it at work? Or do I combine the sauce and the pasta in the lunchbox and then microwave it leaving out the oven part? See this is what I mean by treat me as a novice. :)
    Tuna pasta is really easy - just cook your pasta, allow to cool then add some tinned sweetcorn, tuna and mayo. I also make pesto pasta - just mix some pesto and some chopped cherry tomatoes into the cooked pasta.

Tomato sauces are also easy and you can use up whatever you have in the cupboards. You can make a sauce by frying some onions then adding chopped tomatoes and any veg or meat you like. You can use bacon (which you can chop then fry with the onion), garlic, sun dried tomatoes, olives, courgettes, aubergines, meat left over from a Sunday roast etc.

I hope that helps! The BBC good food website is always good if you want more ideas.

Thank you for this they are good recipes I am never sure what will keep a couple of days and what will but rubbish and won't last til the next evening.

thank you again :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    How about you cook spaghetti with tomato sauce, ground beef,fresh basil and grated Parmesan. Simple enough, you just cook the spaghetti noodles according to the package. Saute the ground beef with onion, salt and pepper and add the tomato sauce. Top it with roughly chopped basil and cheese.