Rosemary

124»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    icedragon wrote: »
    She tripped on her toepick on a 3 turn - which can happen to anyone. At least she was doing 3 turns and using her edges rather than doing nothing except two footed forward skating like Laila. Plus she recovered quickly and went on to do more turns, crossovers and crossrolls albeit slowly. Laila stomped around the ice forwards only - her partner went around her rather than her turning at all.

I don't care what Rosemary was doing. It looked clumsy! So I would mark her down for that.
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't care what Rosemary was doing. It looked clumsy! So I would mark her down for that.

You have to take account of difficulty though otherwise all of them would do simple stuff to get high marks and it would make for dull telly.

Neither of them were any great shakes and they were on the right place on the leaderboard which is all that matters. Laila is happy she left anyway - she has her fee & is having her shoulder op this week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiger Rose wrote: »
    You have to take account of difficulty though otherwise all of them would do simple stuff to get high marks and it would make for dull telly.

She wasn't doing anything difficult at the time as I remember. Just strolling on the ice!
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She wasn't doing anything difficult at the time as I remember. Just strolling on the ice!

I wouldn't say what she was doing was difficult & it was slow but she was still doing more than Laila and that's the point. At the end of the day she was 3rd from bottom (and rightly so) and she was a good few marks off the rest (again rightly so) so I'm not sure what the problem is you have with her marking.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sure she was marked down for it as any of them are for a mistake. However she was doing a turn at the time - something Laila did not even attempt. As Robin Cousins said of Rosemary "Yes there was a stumble but the quality of the footwork you are doing and the basic skating skills is exquisite".