Options

Are T & D overstretched with the choreography...

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love matt I really do but I just did not like the opening... There performances just seemed a bit flat :/ I love seeing the passion that Jayne and Chris put into their routines... To be fair tho the camera work was extremely dodgy last night which I think can take away from the whole mood of something. Especially when ur struggling to see on a long shot :/

The camera work was abysmal and so much of it was on the singer you did have to work hard to get the mood of the piece as a TV viewer. Mark is the most beautiful skater ever and I hope we get to see a lot more of him.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    icedragon wrote: »
    The camera work was abysmal and so much of it was on the singer you did have to work hard to get the mood of the piece as a TV viewer. Mark is the most beautiful skater ever and I hope we get to see a lot more of him.

I agree about the camera work, and as with the first week, the lighting was overpowering as well, to the extent at times it was almost impossible to see what the skakers were really doing. Unless I missed it - wouldn't it also be nice if the commentator or Phillip actually named the skaters and let them take a proper bow. When I watch DOI that is what I want to see most of, not a singer who (correct me if I'm wrong) was only miming anyway.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something has to explain why T&D put so much dancing / posing while staying in one place on the ice, or walking, into routines such as Choco's and Matthew's. :(

Perhaps they don't have time to devise enough interesting skating to fill everyone's routines.

I'd like to see the judges take off points for that sort of stuff, to discourage T&D from putting it in.
  • Options
    lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    Something has to explain why T&D put so much dancing / posing while staying in one place on the ice, or walking, into routines such as Choco's and Matthew's. :(

Perhaps they don't have time to devise enough interesting skating to fill everyone's routines.

I'd like to see the judges take off points for that sort of stuff, to discourage T&D from putting it in.

I think that would be unfair on the contestants. If this is really a problem, then maybe the judges should have a word with T&D rather than penalising contestants who are not responsible for the choreography.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that would be unfair on the contestants. If this is really a problem, then maybe the judges should have a word with T&D rather than penalising contestants who are not responsible for the choreography.

I suppose the judges could do what they did when Suzanne Shaw was getting too many lifts. I don't quite remember what it was, though.

In a way, I agree that they shouldn't be marked on choreography, because they're not responsible for it; but choreography often seems to raise their marks.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    I suppose the judges could do what they did when Suzanne Shaw was getting too many lifts. I don't quite remember what it was, though.

In a way, I agree that they shouldn't be marked on choreography, because they're not responsible for it; but choreography often seems to raise their marks.

Of course it does - difficult choreography that is done well will - or should - always get higher marks than simple or "next-to-nothing" choreo.

The point with the contestants is that T&D are supposed to construct routines that are suitable for each contestant .... Personally, I think they should put together an outline of a routine and leave the "tuning" and adapting to whoever is helping with the training (Karen etc., or the contestants own pro partner), as they are the ones who will probably know more a celeb is capable of than T&D.