[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_S0Zv3rCHQ

Thoughts?

Not too bad imho

Comments

• Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Sounds promising so far, certainly more Bondish than a lot of recent attempts.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Link not working :confused: The video is blocked.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Link not working :confused: The video is blocked.

A minute and a half of it was leaked online so no doubt they'll be removing links all day.

Keep checking youtube for latest uploads of "Skyfall Theme".
    Forum Member
    :) Thanks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    That is really old school and rather good!
    First film I saw at the cinema was Diamonds Are Forever, Definately getting vibes of that style of Bond song, only right for the 50th anniversary.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny how these 'leaks' *cough*pr stunts*cough* happen.
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    Funny how these 'leaks' *cough*pr stunts*cough* happen.
    It's a sanctioned preview, I think, not a leak.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not so much a song as list of Bond titles set to music. Dire.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    ironjade wrote: »
    Not so much a song as list of Bond titles set to music. Dire.

I think you've listened to the wrong one. I heard that on a so-called link last night. Don't know who it is, but it's not Adele.

ETA: it is dire though
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you've listened to the wrong one. I heard that on a so-called link last night. Don't know who it is, but it's not Adele.

ETA: it is dire though

I thought it was a bit off. Not to worry, we'll be sick of hearing the real one soon enough.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Heard the 90 second preview last night and I thought it was poor, not so much the backing music which sounds suitably Bond-ish, but her downbeat singing/warbling and unimaginitive and repetitive lyrics brought it down. Presumably it goes a bit more upbeat towards the end of the song, but based on that 90 second preview i was most definitely not impressed (i really can't stand Adele though, so maybe i'm biased). On the plus side, despite my dislike of Adele, it was still better than the god-awful Jack White/Alicia Keys song from Quantum of Solace.
    Forum Member
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Heard the 90 second preview last night and I thought it was poor, not so much the backing music which sounds suitably Bond-ish, but her downbeat singing/warbling and unimaginitive and repetitive lyrics brought it down. Presumably it goes a bit more upbeat towards the end of the song, but based on that 90 second preview i was most definitely not impressed (i really can't stand Adele though, so maybe i'm biased). On the plus side, despite my dislike of Adele, it was still better than the god-awful Jack White/Alicia Keys song from Quantum of Solace.

The official Adele one is hardly poor is it?

Quantum of Solace - now that was poor:yawn:

It might not be to your personal tastes but at least it has that epic Shirley Bassey style Bondness to it.

I’ve listened to the clip a few times and it does grow on you.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's certainly a return to Bond of yesteryear when compared to You Know My Name and Another Way To Die. Will wait to hear it in full accompanying the opening titles before making a complete determination on it's suitability :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    SHANK0055 wrote: »
    The official Adele one is hardly poor is it?

Quantum of Solace - now that was poor:yawn:

It might not be to your personal tastes but at least it has that epic Shirley Bassey style Bondness to it.

The backing music has that epic Bond-ness about it, but in my personal opinion her singing ruins it, so for me my first impression of the song isn't good (this is just a 90 sec preview though, so i'm not writing it off, i'm just not impressed with what i've heard so far). As i said though, it's just my personal opinion, i know she has her fans, but i'm just not one of them, hence why i can't stand her singing. She's drab, depressing and bland, and for me that's not what a Bond theme should be about. Again, this is just my opinion.
  • mangomoonmangomoon Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must have missed this, every link I click on has been taken down.
    Forum Member
    mangomoon wrote: »
    I must have missed this, every link I click on has been taken down.

Apparently the official premiere is on Adele’s website at seven minutes past midnight on Friday.

0:07 you see…..
  • mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    That is really old school and rather good!
    First film I saw at the cinema was Diamonds Are Forever, Definately getting vibes of that style of Bond song, only right for the 50th anniversary.

Well said
    Lets hope the film is the same - and not another Bourne identity clone like the previous two..sigh
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    Need to hear the full thing, but what I heard is nothing special, improvement over the last few though...
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    CJClarke wrote: »
    The backing music has that epic Bond-ness about it, but in my personal opinion her singing ruins it, so for me my first impression of the song isn't good (this is just a 90 sec preview though, so i'm not writing it off, i'm just not impressed with what i've heard so far). As i said though, it's just my personal opinion, i know she has her fans, but i'm just not one of them, hence why i can't stand her singing. She's drab, depressing and bland, and for me that's not what a Bond theme should be about. Again, this is just my opinion.
    ^ this.
    Again, I only heard the clip on the news but her voice ruined it instantly.
    Forum Member
    You Know My Name was great, had that epic Bond feel about it, like Shirley Bassey crossed with Duran Duran (if that makes sense) :o I mean it was old fashioned but also more modern?
    Didnt like Another Way to Die, rubbish :(
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is probably the best bond theme in years.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should have been the first track of Muse's new album. Though maybe they didn't want another rock one...
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    I'll wait to hear the full version - hate this snippet nonsense.

Both You Know My Name and Another Way to Die have included elements of the main Bond theme, so it'll be interesting to hear how that's being done this time.

btw - Muse? God forbid. Sub-metal twaddle.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    btw - Muse? God forbid. Sub-metal twaddle.
    Excuse me????

It's orchestral neo classical elecro pop jazz fusion funk sub metal twaddle thank you very much