Options

richard and judy

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
Forum Member
great to have them back on tv today they do a great show.

its a great day for the following reasons...

no more paul o grady for a few months :D

and richard and judy back

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, I quite agree. Can't stand POG, but I think I'm in love with ******** and Judy...thrilled that they've finally returned!
  • Options
    CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like them both, but im glad R&J are back.

They were in the papers at the weekend, and were asked how they found out that the show was being slashed, and they said Channel 4 didnt even tell them! :eek:

The head of their film company came to the studio looking white as a sheet and broke the news.

They said they were initially upset, but then realised - well, at least we still get to do the show. By the sounds of it they are doing very well out of the new deal. More money, less work for them, and more work for thier production company.

Plus of course, POG not being on ITV1 anymore has done wonders for their ratings - the opposition is much less intense.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't be watching R&J or GMTV.
  • Options
    gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    Let's hope they've turned over a new leaf: Judy will start reading the autocue properly, stop claiming she's suffering from two-day flu and avoid mentioning Little Britain every single show. Richard will stop saying 'um' all the time, stop interrupting his guests, stop advising actors on how to act/comedians on how to be comics/historians on how to research history and scientists on how to do science, and avoid mentioning Little Britain every single show. I suspect, alas, they'll be just as sloppy and self-indulgent as before.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gkmacca wrote:
    Let's hope they've turned over a new leaf: Judy will start reading the autocue properly, stop claiming she's suffering from two-day flu and avoid mentioning Little Britain every single show. Richard will stop saying 'um' all the time, stop interrupting his guests, stop advising actors on how to act/comedians on how to be comics/historians on how to research history and scientists on how to do science, and avoid mentioning Little Britain every single show. I suspect, alas, they'll be just as sloppy and self-indulgent as before.
    Well we can hope, but the preview just now on C4 showed no signs of improvement - in fact, they both looked grumpy and were standing about as far apart from each other as possible without edging off screen. Make of that what you will :eek:
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 15,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    centrino04 wrote:

They said they were initially upset, but then realised - well, at least we still get to do the show. By the sounds of it they are doing very well out of the new deal. More money, less work for them, and more work for thier production company.

Plus of course, POG not being on ITV1 anymore has done wonders for their ratings - the opposition is much less intense.

If someone said i only had to do half the work for the same money i'd love it! I can't see why they were so angry at first...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    God, I knew Richard was just going to LOVE Grace from Big Brother...
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard, in particular, tries to up his 'street cred' by pretending he loves BB, The Simpsons, every single actor he's ever interviewed is his favourite, etc. etc.

In interviews, his comments are littered with expletives and all the gory details of his and Judy's sex life. YOU ARE NOT COOL, MADELEY! he's still dining out on that Ali G impression as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Madeley once again shows off his ignorance of football. He just cannot speak about any topic without pontificating about it like some sort of expert. (Also: why does Judy look like a bright red toad? What bizarre tans they have!)
  • Options
    BexTechBexTech Posts: 12,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not watching R&J, don't like their programme, do enjoy watching POG tho'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Now that C4 has had three months of better ratings with POG, how long into this three month stint from R&J - with smaller audiences - will it be before the channel controller gets impatient? The show was so lazily produced during its previous run I'd expect the bosses to get pretty frustrated unless some improvements are evident.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did they change the end of the title sequence this evening? Did they add the bit of Richard and Judy are sitting otside?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gkmacca wrote:
    Now that C4 has had three months of better ratings with POG, how long into this three month stint from R&J - with smaller audiences - will it be before the channel controller gets impatient? The show was so lazily produced during its previous run I'd expect the bosses to get pretty frustrated unless some improvements are evident.
    Richard and Judy was watched by 2.7m when it was last on, and Paul O'Grady was watched by 2.4m in the end.
  • Options
    DrelldosDrelldos Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    I much prefer Richard and Judy. Paul was just annoying.
  • Options
    HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Drelldos wrote:
    I much prefer Richard and Judy. Paul was just annoying.

Quite simply, I loathe POG and his grating accent and the format of the show is naff. Say no more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    centrino04 wrote:
    Richard and Judy was watched by 2.7m when it was last on, and Paul O'Grady was watched by 2.4m in the end.

You know full well that doesn't tell the whole story of the respective runs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gkmacca wrote:
    You know full well that doesn't tell the whole story of the respective runs.
    Well 2.7m wasnt the highest R&J reached, and 2.4m wasn't the lowest POG reached.

Once Paul's ratings settled down he did no better or no worse than R&J.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    HHGTTG wrote:
    Quite simply, I loathe POG and his grating accent and the format of the show is naff. Say no more.

i agree with that. his audience annoy me so much aswell. their laugh is awful lol!
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why didn't they contrast the self-indulgence of the Footballer's WAGs to people in Africa in Bob Geldoff. I think it would have been better if the order of the two items had been reversed.
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sooooo pleased that R&J are back. I for one missed them, and i enjoy their Big Brother coverage as they are both fans.
  • Options
    *steven**steven* Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    I thought Janet Street Porter was really good, i didnt like the magazine women though. I think they should cut down on the James Martin thing, hes not that good.
  • Options
    brangerbranger Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    If BB was watched by 3 fans would r&j be such big fans.

Madeley has lost the plot for some time now (i think he is going through the change),he loves nothing better than to get his sexual titbits into things ,loves to ruffle his hair when some younger guests are in the studio.

O' gradys lost the plot when his itv show was a success and now thinks way above his level rather than realise how lucky he was for being such a mediocre talent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote:
    If someone said i only had to do half the work for the same money i'd love it! I can't see why they were so angry at first...

Richard would take a pay cut (without telling anybody) to have twice as much work.
    He is after the TV empire that he dreams of.
    Sloopy wrote:
    Richard, in particular, tries to up his 'street cred' by pretending he loves BB ...

can't remember the exact word, but he said something about a particular phrase word that he'd have to remember for his street cred, then found he'd miss heard the whole thing and it was a perfectly nromal eveeryday word.
  • Options
    shadrock1shadrock1 Posts: 2,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    waht was their rating and share comapred to other programs from 5:00 - 6:00?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteveW2 wrote:
    can't remember the exact word, but he said something about a particular phrase word that he'd have to remember for his street cred, then found he'd miss heard the whole thing and it was a perfectly nromal eveeryday word.
    "it's so ferrarri" lol