Why does DS bring out the petty jealous and unintelligent out so often #Rant

madcapmonstermadcapmonster Posts: 1,380
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have had a slow week at work so I spent some time doing “research” in these threads, there is an unnerving trend in some of the posts. Many threads are started while mildly racist themes, others are started with some really stupid questions. Then there is the religious threads where people who either believe in god or go to great extent to prove he does not exist. (small hint to the religious guys quoting from the bible is pointless as the other side puts as much trust in the religious text as they do to Harry Potter). The other problem is that the rules on this forum prevent us forum really venting our wrath at some really ignorant stupid people, which means they just keep bringing up their droll.

Comments

• Burning BallsBurning Balls Posts: 4,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because it's an internet forum and there are no real consequences for what you say.

So people say controversial things that they would normally never say in real life.
  • MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    Just be thankful you don't know them in real life, and be very pleased there is an ignore function.:D

Easier said than done most times, because a lot of them, you just wanna see what they'll come off with next :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An ignore function you say?

Where is that please?
  • Vanilla_SliceVanilla_Slice Posts: 6,127
    Forum Member
    I have had a slow week at work so I spent some time doing “research” in these threads, there is an unnerving trend in some of the posts. Many threads are started while mildly racist themes, others are started with some really stupid questions. Then there is the religious threads where people who either believe in god or go to great extent to prove he does not exist. (small hint to the religious guys quoting from the bible is pointless as the other side puts as much trust in the religious text as they do to Harry Potter). The other problem is that the rules on this forum prevent us forum really venting our wrath at some really ignorant stupid people, which means they just keep bringing up their droll.

What is the conclusion to your research?
    Forum Member
    Click on members name, view profile, and there will be an option to add to your ignore list about half way down the page.

I'm sure there's an easier way of doing it. This is just the way I know :)
  • h_h_horatioh_h_horatio Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    I always thought droll meant witty :p
  • Imogen MImogen M Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GD has begun to really grind me down lately. I think I've just had enough of it. It's very repetitive and there are a lot of people who don't care that there's a real person behind the screen name they're replying to. You can only take so much of being in that sort of atmosphere.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Minnimo wrote: »
    Click on members name, view profile, and there will be an option to add to your ignore list about half way down the page.

I'm sure there's an easier way of doing it. This is just the way I know :)

Oh yeah. Thankingyoukindly. :)
    Forum Member
    Ginger Nut wrote: »
    Oh yeah. Thankingyoukindly. :)

You're welcome kindly :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Imogen M wrote: »
    GD has begun to really grind me down lately. I think I've just had enough of it. It's very repetitive and there are a lot of people who don't care that there's a real person behind the screen name they're replying to. You can only take so much of being in that sort of atmosphere.

I felt that way when I first joined with all the Anti American crap that got tossed at me but it will get better. :)

The main offenders that messed with me are mostly gone now. Infact I can't even remember most of their names so if they aren't gone then they just got over messing with me.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't bother. The more you type as if they are getting to you, the more they'll enjoy typing the things that they think get to you. I'd just be civil to them, as you'll never have to have anything to do with the 'unsavoury' characters on here. I would guess that the people being like this are weaklings in real life mostly, so, they vent their frustrations out on here because they know they can't stand up to people in the real world. There's a term I love that's been brought up on here a few times, and it's the 'keyboard warrior', indicating that they are big and tough on here, but a whimpering rabbit like character in real life.
  • mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Minnimo wrote: »
    Just be thankful you don't know them in real life, and be very pleased there is an ignore function.:D

Easier said than done most times, because a lot of them, you just wanna see what they'll come off with next :rolleyes:

It's got worse in the last year, I've doubled the ignore list in a few months. I suppose it is the type of people attracted to the net forums. Where else do they get an audience or speak a lot of crp without the consequences of a good kicking.
  • mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You sound like you've been on DS more than 5 months which in all likelihood you probably have.;)
  • version30version30 Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I posted the same and it was deleted. Says everything about DS