Comments

• Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should've been 3 by Micky there.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It carried them to winning the whole thing a couple of years ago, so why not do it again?

True but I do think it's was a one off getting away with it so many times that year.

Still England's best and only chance of the trophy again so who knows
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Don't think he will get enough goals for them certainly not in big games

:p

Well I suppose Ludogorets isn't the biggest game, but that was a pretty huge goal!
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RotMojo wrote: »
    Liverpool fans cannot be happy with Balotelli tonight. He's been absolutely useless.

Nope, I'm positively delighted :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »

Well I suppose Ludogorets isn't the biggest game, but that was a pretty huge goal!

Decent goal to be fair, but he's done bugger all for the rest of the game.

Liverpool have ridden their luck a few times, but they are beating what is in front of them. That's all that matters.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »

The opponent doesn't matter, it's the 3 points that count ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Away to Basle next probably a point is decent as they always give most sides problems at home
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oops....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Galatasaray equaliser v anderlecht
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crazy, crazy finish!

Gerrard to win it from the spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh, it's like Istanbul all over again... ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, welcome back to the UCL Liverpool.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess the romance of how the game has ended will shroud the fact that Liverpool were hugely lucky against probably the weakest team in the group.

Still, 3 points is 3 points!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    RotMojo wrote: »
    I guess the romance of how the game has ended will shroud the fact that Liverpool were hugely lucky against probably the weakest team in the group.

Still, 3 points is 3 points!

Basle away next will be difficult despite their hammering tonight
  • ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tough old game for us tonight, but it finished Olympiacos 3-2 Atletico and a win for the good guys. We have Malmo away next match and I think they're playing behind closed doors. If we get a win there then we may just upset the group and nudge either Juve or Atletico into the Europa.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Basle away next will be difficult despite their hammering tonight

Enthusiastic and happy to the last about English football as usual - eh Dundee Boy ;-)
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Manquillo and Moreno were outstanding. The only 2 players who can be pleased with their performance I'd say (especially Manquillo after his 90th minute sprint to win us the penalty).

It's been a while since I could say that our full backs have been our best players.
  • TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    Manquillo and Moreno were outstanding. The only 2 players who can be pleased with their performance I'd say (especially Manquillo after his 90th minute sprint to win us the penalty).

It's been a while since I could say that our full backs have been our best players.

Thought Henderson was better than most too. We got away with it tonight and need to improve massively to make a dent in Europe. Coutinho is off form and Mario and Lallanana need a few more games to sharpen up.
  • james2018james2018 Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching the highlights there, seems weird seeing Welbeck in the Champions League. Keep forgetting he moved to a bigger club.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here fishy fishy....
  • Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ManUtd fans need to lay off Balo >:( of course he is not as good as Suarez because, as I have pointed out many times on this forum, Suarez is the best striker in the world, so naturally no one is as great as he is. On a side note, I thought Liverpool were mad to sell him.

Balo is a completely different type of striker. He doesn't run around chasing the ball, but waits in front of the goal to be passed the ball and then scores! He has a killer instinct in front of the goal, can score big goals at important moments and doesn't suffer from nerves. Those are great qualities for a striker, but if you expect him to run around like a headless chicken for 90minutes "for the team" you won't get the best out of him.
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,989
    Forum Member
    Half suspect Arsenal will do the usual - come 2nd in their group and then knockout in the last 16.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suarez best striker in the world??

Going off goal records I would put our new on loan striker above him in that category.
  • Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suarez best striker in the world??

Going off goal records I would put our new on loan striker above him in that category.

:confused: Didn't Suarez score the most goals in Europe last season (along with Ronaldo, but a few of Ronaldo's goals were penalties)? I'm not saying Falcao is not a great striker, he definitely is one of the best, but Suarez is an absolute genius and it's not only his goal record. A team with and without Suarez (whether it's Liverpool or Uruguay) plays completely differently. Like night and day. He always gives 100% and changes games on his own.
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Xela M wrote: »
    ManUtd fans need to lay off Balo

Which 'Man Utd. fans'? I can only see one even being critical.

Very impressed with some of Real Madrid's attacking, last night. Still, considering how much that attack cost, it should be good.