Options

The League Two Thread 15-16

Comments

• Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very spirited performance from Notts at Villa on Tuesday. Back to the league now and what will be a fun trip to Morecambe. No idea what to expect though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Appalling 4-1 defeat for County at Morecambe today. County had more possession but McLeod and Stead didn't work up front and both missed endless chances, while Morecambe took advantage of our poor defence and scored most of their chances. Snejders scored a quality goal for us though. Morecambe's fans were very humble and all seemed to agree that 4-1 wasn't a fair result

Onto hopefully getting revenge on Mansfield in the JPT on Tuesday
  • Options
    rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    Appalling 4-1 defeat for County at Morecambe today. County had more possession but McLeod and Stead didn't work up front and both missed endless chances, while Morecambe took advantage of our poor defence and scored most of their chances. Snejders scored a quality goal for us though. Morecambe's fans were very humble and all seemed to agree that 4-1 wasn't a fair result

Onto hopefully getting revenge on Mansfield in the JPT on Tuesday

Crawley had a 0-0 today with Wycombe. Can't seem to get any sort of rhythm going at the moment. It'll come soon hopefully.

You got McLeod from us last week. He's a decent player that will come good. He started of slow with us but turned into a decent reliable striker in the end.
    You don't seem to have started very well. You'll get better I reckon. It's a long old season. You'll get it right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rhynoGB wrote: »
    Crawley had a 0-0 today with Wycombe. Can't seem to get any sort of rhythm going at the moment. It'll come soon hopefully.

You got McLeod from us last week. He's a decent player that will come good. He started of slow with us but turned into a decent reliable striker in the end.
    You don't seem to have started very well. You'll get better I reckon. It's a long old season. You'll get it right.

We were meant to be at home to Crawley next weekend if it wasn't for internationals. Would have been a good opportunity for both teams to kick start their seasons
  • Options
    ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good win yesterday at Luton - a ground where we normally lose.
  • Options
    howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    After Yeovil came back from 2:0 down against Loseton last week I expected a bit of a tester, but we were superb!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    Cambridge United fan here, big game against Luton coming up this Saturday.
  • Options
    familyguy8904familyguy8904 Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Orient 100% record have came to end after they lost 4-0 to Exeter, Luton got they first win of season after 3-1 win against Cambridge and as do Dag & Red as they beat Northampton 2-1.

Yeovil were 2-0 at half time but lost 4-2 to Morecambe mean they sit in bottom 2 with Newport who lost 3-0 to York.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GingerRob wrote: »
    Cambridge United fan here, big game against Luton coming up this Saturday.

You lost 3-1. Not great for County as Luton's win put us 22nd, and really makes our home game with Luton next Saturday must win

We were impressive against an under strength Mansfield in the JPT on Tuesday, so there is the quality which now needs to be shown in a league game
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite surprised to see Orient lose to Exeter, but in this league you never know what's going to happen.
    Plymouth had the chance to go top from that result but lost as well.
    Such a tough league to get out of.
  • Options
    howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    Another win ...unbeaten for...is it 13?....both teams should have had eleven on the pitch at the end...ref ...poor....anyway THE ROOFE IS ON FIRE.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luton at home tomorrow. Must win. If we lose we're at serious risk of dropping into the bottom 2
  • Options
    ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barnet at home tomorrow - we could do with a home win as we haven't had one since the opening day of the season, and have more wins away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Notts beat Luton 3-2 thanks to a dramatic last minute winner from a Noble free kick. Luton were the better side until Notts went ahead, and we were dominant until Luton got 2 goals back to level the game out of the blue. Our defending was poor and it looked like Luton would win it until they went down to 10 men and we scored a winner

Leyton, Plymouth and Portsmouth are top 3 while Barnet and Newport are the bottom 2
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Notts beat Luton 3-2 thanks to a dramatic last minute winner from a Noble free kick. Luton were the better side until Notts went ahead, and we were dominant until Luton got 2 goals back to level the game out of the blue. Our defending was poor and it looked like Luton would win it until they went down to 10 men and we scored a winner

Leyton, Plymouth and Portsmouth are top 3 while Barnet and Newport are the bottom 2

It looks like you're off and running this season. It on;y takes one win to get a bit of confidence.
    We lost 4-0 away at Mansfield and had a player sent off. I'd like to say just a bad day at the office, but we just don't seem to have got League 2 yet.

I fear a long season ahead.

EDIT: Good to see my home town club Plymouth flying high. Come on you greens:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks like you're off and running this season. It on;y takes one win to get a bit of confidence.
    We lost 4-0 away at Mansfield and had a player sent off. I'd like to say just a bad day at the office, but we just don't seem to have got League 2 yet.

I fear a long season ahead.

EDIT: Good to see my home town club Plymouth flying high. Come on you greens:D

While it was a much better performance I haven't got my hopes up. I fear that AFC Wimbledon on Saturday will be a similar game to Morecambe before we play Crawley at home
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While it was a much better performance I haven't got my hopes up. I fear that AFC Wimbledon on Saturday will be a similar game to Morecambe before we play Crawley at home

I think Portsmouth, Oxford & AFC Wimbledon will be up there at the end so you've got a tough game on Saturday to come. I think we drew with them a couple of weeks ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well at AFC Wimbledon County lost 2-1 after conceding twice in the last 5 minutes. Even when ahead for most of the game County were dreadful, we got what we deserved with big Akinfenwa scoring the winner. It was a poor game

We need at least 4 points from Crawley and York at home
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well at AFC Wimbledon County lost 2-1 after conceding twice in the last 5 minutes. Even when ahead for most of the game County were dreadful, we got what we deserved with big Akinfenwa scoring the winner. It was a poor game

We need at least 4 points from Crawley and York at home

We play you next away I believe. It's a must win game for both of us, even this early in the season.

We had a new manager, new team and lots of belief before this season started. Now we're looking at going into the bottom 2.

Losing to Yeovil yesterday has to be a wake up call for Crawley Town.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We play you next away I believe. It's a must win game for both of us, even this early in the season.

We had a new manager, new team and lots of belief before this season started. Now we're looking at going into the bottom 2.

Losing to Yeovil yesterday has to be a wake up call for Crawley Town.

Must win for both Notts and Crawley. A draw isn't good enough for either team

Interesting that even though we're struggling, both Crawley and Yeovil are below us. We play all the other relegated teams in the next month. Crawley and Yeovil at home are must win but Leyton away might be a write off
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For 25 minutes Notts were as bad as Crawley. Then we went behind and really started to take advantage of how awful you were. Two goals each from Edwards and Noble and I really fear that Crawley and their 27 fans are going down
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Notts County, you were the more clinical team, well deserved. I fear with our low crowds & lack of funding we'll be going down this season. Not sure what to feel at the moment.
    It looks like another long struggle for us this season.:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done Notts County, you were the more clinical team, well deserved. I fear with our low crowds & lack of funding we'll be going down this season. Not sure what to feel at the moment.
    It looks like another long struggle for us this season.:cry:

Were you one of the 27? Crawley were awful sadly and you only scored because Carroll made an error for us
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Were you one of the 27? Crawley were awful sadly and you only scored because Carroll made an error for us

No I wasn't at the ground. Living in Plymouth it's hard getting the time off to travel all that way. We're away at Plymouth in a couple of weeks that I will be going to though.

With a new manager & new team, you would expect us to be doing better than we've been doing. It's just not happening. I do fear for our lives if we do go down.

County now I feel will use this as a springboard to start their season off.
  • Options
    Garry_HerringGarry_Herring Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Looks like another season of leaving the goalscoring boots behind. Played very well against Cambridge. 0-0 draw. Rakish Bingham going through a low confidence mode at moment. missed penalty the other week, fluffed two good chances for himself again.

Missing a proven goalscorer.

Defence more solid this time around. just cant put our chances away. I think middle of the table finish this season.