Options

O2 text message problems

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    Yes I'm on the 07841 prefix and have had problems.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having the opposite problem this weekend! If anyone sends me a text I keep receiving multiple copies of it, as many as 10 of each. It's doing my head in! Also my phone keeps telling me some messages received are corrupt.

I have a Sony Ericsson S700 and a 07841 prefix.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what about this problem i mentioned in my previous message:
    with regards to my network signal, of all my friends with o2, i have to say, my signal reception is shocking comapred to them. i have a k700i, my friends have nokia's, is it a SE problem (not picking up a good a signal as nokia) or could it be because i got my contract from the internet and use a different network, my friends are both PAYG and contract.

is this just a coincindence or is there something in this?
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AndyM wrote:
    I'm having the opposite problem this weekend! If anyone sends me a text I keep receiving multiple copies of it, as many as 10 of each. It's doing my head in! Also my phone keeps telling me some messages received are corrupt.

I have a Sony Ericsson S700 and a 07841 prefix.

I was getting same as you the other month on my Sony Ericsson T230. I would get the same text from a person twice then an hour or 2 later get sent the same text again. I still get 2 text sent the same now and again but its not as bad as it was the other month. Never had phone telling me some messages received are corrupt though.

Darren
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to have sorted itself today. Still don't know who the corrupt text was from though.

I did a little experiment using my old Orange PAYG phone. I sent my new number a message and requested a status report. Sure enough I received this message several times but no status report. Finally I received the report then the texts stopped. It seems to me that the network doesn't seem to realise the message has been delivered, so keeps retrying.

This started after receiving the corrupt message, so maybe that has something to do with it too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got a text send from my girl at lunch time and it came up as a blank text. It happened twice at lunch time. I had to text her and ask her to send it again. When she send text again it seemed ok. Has this ever happend to anyone.

Darren
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a common firmware revision on the K700i that people who affected by this issue are running? Mine is running R2AA003 and I have had no problems (touch wood). To find out your firmware revision you press >*<<*<* and then select Service Info -> Software Info from the service menu that appears. In the above instructions < and > mean to move the joystick in that direction. If you're running a firmware version less than R2L001 then you may want to think about getting it upgraded anyway as there's meant to be something like a 20% improvement in battery life between the original R2A001 and R2L001. Firmware versions go R2Annn through R2Znnn then R2AAnnn through R2AZnnn. Apparently the latest is now R2AG001.

Hmm, have just updated mine to R2AE033 online. List of firmware versions here on esato.org
  • Options
    dolphincrazydolphincrazy Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    i am on o2 and i haven't had any probmles i also now people that r on o2 aswell and they haven't had any problems either :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    I've had more problems with texts today. I've been sending someone texts, and she's been sending me texts, but we've not received any of them. We're both on o2.

I'm getting fed up of it now.

If I have one more day like this, then customer care will be getting an earful from me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my version is R2A041.haven't noticed any problems
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm still having text message problems. :(

I called customer care yesterday about it, explained the situation, and was told that it wasn't anything to do with my phone, but with the other person's phone.

Strange really, because when I called them at the start of December asking about the same problem, I was told the problem was that my message log at the message centre wasn't working properly, so they gave me a new one.

Do o2 know anything about their company's problems??? :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    I'm fed up of O2 lying to us !

They KNOW there is a problem with the phone, and will now replace it like-for-like.

HOWEVER, you have to send your phone (no battery or SIM), to Sony Ericsson direct.

They won't sort you out a temporary replacement though - you have to do without.

Watchdog - BBC1 - 7pm tonight (Tuesday).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Ive just got a new phone on o2, s700i, with the 07921 number, just started getting repeat texts constantly, and also had a corrupt message aswell
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've been having text message problems again today, and frankly, I'm just fed up of it.

SORT IT OUT O2.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sumner7 wrote:
    I've been having text message problems again today, and frankly, I'm just fed up of it.

SORT IT OUT O2.
    Me too! I keep getting error when I try to send a text message.I phoned customer services on the premium rate number (sadly hadnt read this thread first for the other number) ad was told to clean the sim and put it back in the phone!! This I tried and still cant send messages.
    O2 sort things out please!! :mad:
  • Options
    neo6776neo6776 Posts: 9,533
    Forum Member
    Me too! I keep getting error when I try to send a text message.I phoned customer services on the premium rate number (sadly hadnt read this thread first for the other number) ad was told to clean the sim and put it back in the phone!! This I tried and still cant send messages.
    O2 sort things out please!! :mad:

i have been getting tht problem today as well, still getting it now, the other thing im gettin is that the texts either way are coming throught about 3 hours late.

gettin on my tits now, come on o2 you can do better than this :mad: :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A guy at work was having problems with sending text at lunch time and hes on 02 pay and go like me but not have the same handset as me. Yet my mobiles been working fine all day.

Darren
  • Options
    FOXPRESIDENTFOXPRESIDENT Posts: 4,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Text fine for me, however I can't hear people when they or i ring them.

Took it in to O2 store, was told they had no loan phoes... can i do without a phone...like NO!
  • Options
    ThanhukThanhuk Posts: 8,433
    Forum Member
    Text fine for me, however I can't hear people when they or i ring them.

Took it in to O2 store, was told they had no loan phoes... can i do without a phone...like NO!

lol. My texts have been fine today, I must admit, but only in the morning.
    Thanh
  • Options
    lee18xxlee18xx Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had texts delayed by about an hour or two today... simply not acceptable compared with the service all the other networks offer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Watch out if the good people at 02 customer servcies tell you to take your phone into your local O2 shop for repair.

They will not accept it at the shop !

I'm sure customer services are getting worse .......
  • Options
    WeeksyWeeksy Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    Seeing as i've had my phone for 6 months now, SURELY they could have worked this out by now?!

I'm awaiting a reply from GF ... could be on a promise!! This is torture!!! ;)
  • Options
    sabreuk1975sabreuk1975 Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    I have been told mby O2 Online to take my K700i to an O2 shop for a replacement, however, they refused to accept it.
    If Online C/S tell you to do this tell them no!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have been told mby O2 Online to take my K700i to an O2 shop for a replacement, however, they refused to accept it.
    If Online C/S tell you to do this tell them no!

Same with me ... how frustrating ? I had to take a couple of hours out of work to go, as well.

Now promised a call back within 24 hours from an O2 call centre team leader type.

1 hour to go, then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I had to send the same text 3 times for it to get through last night. Half of my texts are still not getting through though. The phone tells me they're sent but they're not. It's wasting my 300 free texts. :mad: