Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 6)

Comments

• ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Does it have a nice view?

Better than Basil can offer in room 22 at Faulty Towers!

http://www.btinternet.com/~c.tomlinson/view.htm
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcliR8kAbzc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,334
    Forum Member
    I don't comment often on here... but sometimes I feel pushed to do so. The whole Michelle/Steve and Tracey/Ryan thing, all under the same roof... I mean do the writers think us viewers are stupid or something?? You've got mother and son who look the same age, mother is dating son's new girlfriend's ex who incidentally is still in love with him and mum to his child; they're all snogging in front of each other and trying to annoy each other... MOTHER, SON, MOTHER'S NEW BOYFRIEND AND MOTHER'S NEW BOYFRIEND'S EX & MUM TO HIS KID... I find the whole experience completely and utterly ridiculous! I mean, REALLY???
  • Hootie19Hootie19 Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my days - where to begin with tonight's episode.

what about with the ridiculousness that is Tina keeping her job at the Rovers after assaulting a customer, and causing that customer a back injury and (reallly???) causing her to go into labour.

And that labour - as ever, as soon as the water break, she's in full on labour and unable to walk Through The Back without assistance?

And then the delivery - she will push on Marcus's command, and not wait for the next contraction?

And then - well! - another 2 month old baby safely delivered. And surprisingly clean!

Now - where are Tommy and Tina going to live, now that Jason's sold the flat? is there enough room at Eileen's now that Marcus isn't living there any more?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rose34 wrote: »
    I don't comment often on here... but sometimes I feel pushed to do so. The whole Michelle/Steve and Tracey/Ryan thing, all under the same roof... I mean do the writers think us viewers are stupid or something?? You've got mother and son who look the same age, mother is dating son's new girlfriend's ex who incidentally is still in love with him and mum to his child; they're all snogging in front of each other and trying to annoy each other... MOTHER, SON, MOTHER'S NEW BOYFRIEND AND MOTHER'S NEW BOYFRIEND'S EX & MUM TO HIS KID... I find the whole experience completely and utterly ridiculous! I mean, REALLY???

I am so ashamed of myself. I'm so sorry SORers, but I really did LOL at Steve and (not so much) Michelle and the cockney songs!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rose34 wrote: »

The whole scenario tonight - Michelle ironing and Steve vacuuming while Traceyluv & Ryan were watching a DVD was stupid. What it meant to be humorous? Ridiculous more like.

Why can't Katie wait just a few more months before she starts the treatment for Izzy & Gary's baby?

Tina - are we meant to feel sorry for her?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hootie19 wrote: »
    Oh my days - where to begin with tonight's episode.

what about with the ridiculousness that is Tina keeping her job at the Rovers after assaulting a customer, and causing that customer a back injury and (reallly???) causing her to go into labour.

And that labour - as ever, as soon as the water break, she's in full on labour and unable to walk Through The Back without assistance?

And then the delivery - she will push on Marcus's command, and not wait for the next contraction?

And then - well! - another 2 month old baby safely delivered. And surprisingly clean!

Now - where are Tommy and Tina going to live, now that Jason's sold the flat? is there enough room at Eileen's now that Marcus isn't living there any more?

There's always more room at old mother Grimshaw's!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    The whole scenario tonight - Michelle ironing and Steve vacuuming while Traceyluv & Ryan were watching a DVD was stupid. What it meant to be humorous? Ridiculous more like.

Why can't Katie wait just a few more months before she starts the treatment for Izzy & Gary's baby?

Oh yes - I forgot that bit as well. It's not like treatment is already under way.
  • DimsieDimsie Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think we are, and certainly Kirsty is a real bitch where Tina and Tommy are concerned. But Tina is her own worst enemy, she lets her temper take over every time and I wonder if maybe this storyline is going to be the one to change that? I like Tina, but there's a difference in being feisty and being permanently ready to explode.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    A total insult to the intelligence but people will keep watching
  • annielouannielou Posts: 10,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I may be wrong or have missed something, but I thought that both Jason and Tina owned the flat jointly?

In which case she will earn some money from the sale, be able to pay off some of her and Tommy's debt and not have to participate in the ridiculous surragacy storyline.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Apparently she might be pregnant by Christmas. Where have they found the £7000 needed for the first attempt. Gary must have been working a lot of overtime to have saved that already.

Also, and I will mention this without tags as it has been spoiled already, if Tina is to be paid for her durragocy, where will the money come from and have they forgotten that this is on top of the £7000.

If Owen pays it, it is a bt souble standards. Not wanting his 18 year old daughter to partake but doesn't mind if Tina does it.

BTW - Will he have to pay her Maternity pay as well. :);)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dimsie wrote: »
    I think we are, and certainly Kirsty is a real bitch where Tina and Tommy are concerned. But Tina is her own worst enemy, she lets her temper take over every time and I wonder if maybe this storyline is going to be the one to change that? I like Tina, but there's a difference in being feisty and being permanently ready to explode.

Well, I'm, not sorry for Tina. Tina has always been on Kirsty's back and bitching about her since she first arrived in the street. BIB You are right, Tina is always ready to explode.She also has issues with her temper. They are as bad as each other.

We saw that tonight when she assaulted Kirsty. Assaulting a full-term pregnant woman in public is far worse than anything Kirsty has done. Wouldn't someone at the Rovers or at the hospital have called the police and wouldn't Tina have been arrested for assault?
  • FriedGoldFriedGold Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    The Street is as bad as I've ever seen it at the moment. There isn't one single storyline that holds water.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FriedGold wrote: »
    The Street is as bad as I've ever seen it at the moment. There isn't one single storyline that holds water.

Couldn't have summed it up better myself! How very sad! :(
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Like Riverside57 it saddens me to agree. Most of it was an absolute pile of steaming crap. The Michelle/Steve/Tracy/Steve scenes were beyond dire not even Tyrone talking to his baby at the end could save it.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Kirsty dilates quickly.
  • dancingdemelzadancingdemelza Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And neither did Kirsty.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    Why do all births in soaps have to be in an emergency and the father can never be found. This happens all the time in soaps and it is just so predictable. You could just as easily have the scene where Tina pushed Kirsty and not have her immediately go into labour. It would still have had the same effect.

And that South Africa trip . In a couple of seconds they decided not to go, without even thinking of alternatives, ie . why not go now instead of Christmas.

Why didn't Steve and Michelle just go to bed rather than stay up playing Monopoly.

Brian and Whatsename ? Do they really need to move in immediately. Surely they would give them a few months to find somewhere
  • dancingdemelzadancingdemelza Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ia that a record - waters breaking to delivery in 20 minutes for a first time mum?

Oh, how I hate that bitch. I don't blame Tina. Kirsty's been goading, goading, goading ever since she took up with Tyrone. And if Tyrone thinks things will be different now the baby's arrived, I reckon he's in for a huge awakening.

Admittedly Tina's not behaving very well, but I think I'd be the same in her position. Everything she does to try to solve the problems gets knocked back. And she's got Tommy, who's not the brightest, to try and help.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    annielou wrote: »
    I may be wrong or have missed something, but I thought that both Jason and Tina owned the flat jointly?

In which case she will earn some money from the sale, be able to pay off some of her and Tommy's debt and not have to participate in the ridiculous surragacy storyline.

Jason wouldnt be able to throw them out with just a few weeks notice. If Tina and Dumbo went to the local CAB they would be able to tell them. Think Tinas dad helped buy the flat for Tina and Jason.

Had a quick look on Wikipedia and found this.....

Tina and Jason buy No. 12a Coronation Street and move in together in July 2009. Jason and Tina then redecorate the flat and hold a house-warming party in September 2009. Then in November 2009, a loan shark named Rick Neelan expresses fake interest in buying the flat, when in reality, he is waiting for Tina's father Joe (Reece Dinsdale) to pay the debts he owes him. Before Christmas 2009

So she must be entitled to half the price of the flat
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Marcus still at Maria's? Now Jason is going to move in and Kirk lives there too. Another Corrie dwelling with expanding walls and loads of space for lodgers! Ridiculous .....and don't even get me started on the birth,annoying Gloria or the Steve/Tracy /Connor thing ....AAARRGHH!!
  • kevthelutonbeekevthelutonbee Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tommy kind of squares things with Tyrone so why is there any need for Tina to be rentawomb? Tyrone seems to have said he would have the money as and when.

Not an SOR but how annoying is St Ellas mum?

With Chesney's mums (forgotten her name) track record she probably wouldn't be with moneybags at Xmas anyway
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was all very re;axed when Tyronne walked into the pub. They seem to have forgotten that less than 15 minutes before they had all been panicking looking for him. They just initially greeted him as if it was a normal day in the pub.

And another SOR - Now there is going to be Maria, Jason, Kirk. Liam and Marcus living in the flat. Even if Marcus slept on the sofa - which no one would for a long term - there would have to be 3 bedrooms as I presume Liam would not be sharing with Maria & Jason.
  • ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amysmum wrote: »
    It was all very re;axed when Tyronne walked into the pub. They seem to have forgotten that less than 15 minutes before they had all been panicking looking for him. They just initially greeted him as if it was a normal day in the pub.

And another SOR - Now there is going to be Maria, Jason, Kirk. Liam and Marcus living in the flat. Even if Marcus slept on the sofa - which no one would for a long term - there would have to be 3 bedrooms as I presume Liam would not be sharing with Maria & Jason.

I suppose we will have to assume that Kirk shares with Liam, after all he shared with Chesney for years at the Battersbys, although I always wondered how that worked out when Julie moved in with him:confused: I agree it's ridiculous that Marcus would be happy to sleep on a sofa indefintitely.
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tina never bought the flat, it was Jason's money and I think Eileen helped Jason buy it as well. Its his flat, not Tina's, thats why he put her out and changed the locks when she got hooked up with Graham.

And just because her dad helped out a bit doesn't make it her property.
This discussion has been closed.