Comments

• Options
    tmesistmesis Posts: 2,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zeg wrote: »
    No, that's a "Fool Fan" :)

Sorry, you are right, it's fake fan :(

Aw, I thought you were being witty there. Like it means a 'clutching-at-straws' fan, or similar... ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Well I am a totally fake fan - I just watch it to drool at DT:D
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mickey S wrote: »
    So if you aren't on this forum, posting about Doctor Who, you aren't a fan?

That's rather a narrow definition, don't you think?

No, thats not what I meant, obviously not all fans come on forums.

What I interpret the comment as, is that if you are on here then you are a fan and don't need to ask if you are as not many non fans would take the time to come to a forum dedicated to Doctor Who to ask if they are a fan.

I didn't say anything about not being a fan if you don't contribute to forums.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would say a 'real fan' was anyone who reads and/or posts on DW message boards. Just that. You can have as many polls on 'the best Doctor' as you like, but ultimately everyone is "singing from the same hymn sheet" :)
    So 6 months ago I wasn't a real fan now I am?i have watched Doctor Who since the 60's so i think that i am a real fan even if I never went on the forums.
  • Options
    Toby53Toby53 Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lonnnng time fan, didn't like some of the 'classic doctors' but still watched all episodes, first video recorder purchased for the Doctor ( or was it TISWAS??)
    Will continue to watch doctor who and any spin offs provided.
    I remember the lean years when the 'good old BBC' cancelled the b$%%£* series totally, don't want that to happen.
  • Options
    RooksRooks Posts: 9,103
    Forum Member
    I have a very simple definition:

A Doctor Who fan is someone who makes a special effort to tune into the show.

That's it really. That's why I'd not consider myself a fan anymore (since I don't plan on making an effort to watch) but my young nephew is (since he makes sure he watches each week). It doesn't require anyone to have been watching the show for years or to have brought loads of DVDs. It's all dependent on a commitment to the show (in the same way as a football fan has their own commitment to watch their footie team).
  • Options
    Gutted GirlGutted Girl Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rooks wrote: »
    I have a very simple definition:

A Doctor Who fan is someone who makes a special effort to tune into the show.

That's it really. That's why I'd not consider myself a fan anymore (since I don't plan on making an effort to watch) but my young nephew is (since he makes sure he watches each week). It doesn't require anyone to have been watching the show for years or to have brought loads of DVDs. It's all dependent on a commitment to the show (in the same way as a football fan has their own commitment to watch their footie team).

I don't always agree with Rooks on things Who related but on this point I agree completely.