Options

O2 Pay monthly fair usage policy for texts?

The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm thinking of having a few phones with O2 on pay monthly and their site says you get "unlimited texts". I assume that is actually "unlimited until they decide you've used too many" so does anyone know how many you actually get a month?

Comments

• Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They don't say what it is, but on the O2 forum if you breach the number that they won't tell you then they will force you off the unlimited package!

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/New-On-n-On-tariff-fair-usage-policy/m-p/306924#M27413
  • Options
    enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    They don't say what it is, but on the O2 forum if you breach the number that they won't tell you then they will force you off the unlimited package!

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/New-On-n-On-tariff-fair-usage-policy/m-p/306924#M27413

WoW I hadn't heard of that happening feel sorry for the person either pay 5 pounds more or get kicked of the network.
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    On their system the fair use policy for texts is ~12,000.

For Minutes it's around ~3000. Although i heard recently it might have gone up to ~5000. I need to check.

I haven't checked the texts in a while so they could have lowered it from 12,000
  • Options
    wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once again unlimited doesn't mean unlimited
  • Options
    Prof-xProf-x Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    I'm on their unlimited data tariff - do they have a fair usage limit for data too? My contract didn't stipulate this at the time.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know the point is unlimited should mean just that. ....but how the **** does anyone reach 12000 texts? Just had a look at that and doesnt that work out around...sending a text every 2 minutes you are awake, every single day for the month.
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    I know the point is unlimited should mean just that. ....but how the **** does anyone reach 12000 texts? Just had a look at that and doesnt that work out around...sending a text every 2 minutes you are awake, every single day for the month.

They use them for spamming, which is why I don't agree with unlimited texts, or even 12,000.