Options

Girls - Sky Atlantic - 10pm Mondays from 22 October

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, I think ITV2 or E4 have the UK rights. Freema 'Martha from Doctor Who' Agyeman is in it too.

Oh no that sounds terrible. :(
    Don't get me wrong I enjoyed SATC for what it was and I often watch repeats when theres nothing on, it's a good show! But the films were awfull, I wish they'd leave it alone now.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girls season two will be shown on Sky Atlantic the day after its HBO showing, starting Monday, January 14th.

http://skyatlantic.sky.com/girls/girls-series-2-is-coming-just-one-day-after-the-us?DCMP=SNT
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    derek500 wrote: »
    Girls season two will be shown on Sky Atlantic the day after its HBO showing, starting Monday, January 14th.

http://skyatlantic.sky.com/girls/girls-series-2-is-coming-just-one-day-after-the-us?DCMP=SNT

Excellent news! I assume that it must have been doing well for Sky Atlantic if they're giving it this treatment.

I'm loving it so far, it's very well written and acted. Incidentally, if you like Girls then i'd also recommend Lena Dunham's film 'Tiny Furniture' which is very similar to this show and could almost be a feature length episode. It was on Film4 a few weeks ago so i'd imagine it'll be repeated again sometime soon.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just realised that the actor who played Hannah's father, Peter Scolari, was the co-star star of the cross dressing sit-com Bosom Buddies, with Tom Hanks.
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    I like this show but for some reason I HATE that 'English' one. She's so selfish. But then none of them are patricularly nice sympathetic characters.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 2 is starting on Sky Atlantic on Monday 14th January one day after the show returns in the US.
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Late to this thread but I loved season one of Girls (aka The Lena Dunham Vanity Project). :-) Only joking, well done to her.

By the way, I am male and loving it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasnt so sure about this when I watched the first series but am loving it now!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm loving Girls. My favourite character is Shoshanna because she's hilarious.

My only complaint is they should have cast someone else to play Jessa's husband. I don't like Chris O'Dowd and his 'American' accent is absolutely awful.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasnt so sure about this when I watched the first series but am loving it now!

At least Season 2 has finally recognised that there are actually some non-white people living in New York.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving Girls. Watched all of Season 1 last weekend and now watching Season 2. It's one of the few shows out there I laugh out loud, the characters are really likeable and relateable and it isn't trying to be like sex and the city as it is very much it's own creation.
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Just saw S2 E3 last night, OMG what was Hannah like in that top? She has NO shame!! gotta say they totally nailed the whole obnoxious cocaine behaviour. It does feel even more of the Hannah show this season which is fine because I like her, but I do miss having more of the other characters stories intermingled throughout. :)
  • Options
    Magpie11Magpie11 Posts: 9,294
    Forum Member
    Highlights of Ep 4 ...Hannah singing/murdering Wonderwall and Jessa revealing her "good one" ;):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite a sexy episode tonight. I'm quite flushed:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The actress is very brave :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is:D I think she is making a deliberate statement that non-perfect bodies should be as acceptable on our screens as Megan Fox type bodies. But the Daily Mail readers will be queueing up to call her a gross pig (after they've finished masturbating.)

Anyway second half of the episode has stopped being sexy:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing an average woman naked on screen is surprisingly shocking to me I'm ashamed to admit. I guess that validates her point though, it is such a rare occurance given all the 'hot' bodies we're conditioned to regard as normal.

Quite a touching end :(
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing an average woman naked on screen is surprisingly shocking to me I'm ashamed to admit. I guess that validates her point though, it is such a rare occurance given all the 'hot' bodies we're conditioned to regard as normal.

Quite a touching end :(

It reminded me a little bit of lost in translation (obviously minus the sex). She has an adventure, lives a different life for a day and in the end she "just goes home"......

Nice episode and the bloke was hot too :D
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given the critical acclaim and media coverage i'm surprised this thread has only three pages, does it not do well for Sky Atlantic?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    I really like Girls but none of my friends have seen it. Not sure Sky Atlantic is a partcularly popular channel though. Nudity in the last episode was more gratuitous than ever! Last ep aside, which I'll probably need to wstch again, season 2 has been very funny. My fave being the "outside your comfort zone" artwork.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    dodrade wrote: »
    Given the critical acclaim and media coverage i'm surprised this thread has only three pages, does it not do well for Sky Atlantic?

I'd imagine it must do decently since they brought the airdate forward after season 1 so that it airs the day after the US. I think the lack of conversation in here is probably down to the fact that it's not really a show that generates much discussion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't understand why Ray was crying at the end of this episode. He has his own businesss, he's in love, why was he crying like he had nothing? It was the dog I felt sorry for.
  • Options
    Magpie11Magpie11 Posts: 9,294
    Forum Member
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    I didn't understand why Ray was crying at the end of this episode. He has his own businesss, he's in love, why was he crying like he had nothing? It was the dog I felt sorry for.

Because he realised there was some truth in what Adam said to him about his relationship with Shoshanna.

I really hated Adam when he was with Hannah in the first season but I'm starting to warm to him now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    *Clare* wrote: »
    I'm loving Girls. My favourite character is Shoshanna because she's hilarious.

My only complaint is they should have cast someone else to play Jessa's husband. I don't like Chris O'Dowd and his 'American' accent is absolutely awful.

When his parents were on I was like 'why aren't they Irish', oh he's supposed to be American!