old doctor who on virgin

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
Forum Member
✭✭
so on the old tivo, other half out & I'm going through old dw eps. made it to season 21 & gosh peter davidson was dishy back then!

i thought the darlek obsession was a modern thing but I've seen 5 doctors chasing them so far tonight!

Comments

• TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so on the old tivo, other half out & I'm going through old dw eps. made it to season 21 & gosh peter davidson was dishy back then!

i thought the darlek obsession was a modern thing but I've seen 5 doctors chasing them so far tonight!

The Dalek obsession has always been there. The Daleks made Doctor Who in the same way that Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells made Virgin Records. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well yes, but I remember from being little, giant glowing magots and metal men walking from the sea and lots of running around in an old quarry. Donight I've seen spray can darleks, black and white ones and ones in black and white.
  • JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Without the phenomenal success of the first Dalek Story in 1963, Classic Who would more than likely have finished in 1964 rather than 1989, which means there would probably never have been a New Who.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What you have to remember though is that yes the Daleks were popular and every Doctor minus Paul McGann has faced them at least once on screen but in old who there were series worth of stories before the next Dalek episode where as in nu-who it was literally a case of there are going to be Daleks in the series at least once if not more it was just a question of when rather than if. Nu-who has over used them a bit which is why since Moffat has taken over there hasn't been as much of them.
  • TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What you have to remember though is that yes the Daleks were popular and every Doctor minus Paul McGann has faced them at least once on screen but in old who there were series worth of stories before the next Dalek episode where as in nu-who it was literally a case of there are going to be Daleks in the series at least once if not more it was just a question of when rather than if. Nu-who has over used them a bit which is why since Moffat has taken over there hasn't been as much of them.

This is no different than the old days. For example, here are the very first four seasons of the show from the 1960's:

Season 1
    The Daleks (7 episodes)

Season 2
    The Dalek Invasion of Earth (6 episodes)
    The Chase (6 episodes)

Season 3
    Mission to the Unknown (1 episodes)
    The Daleks' Master Plan (12 Episodes!)

Season 4
    The Power of the Daleks (6 episodes)
    The Evil of the Daleks (7 episodes)

The Daleks have always been the go to bad guy. They are amazing in that role. :):):)
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's my favourite Doctor of all-time. Absoloutely loved Ressurection, also Caves of Androzani just as much. By the way you spelt his name wrong. It's Davison without an extra d.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PD was my first doctor so has a special place, but i never revisited who since it came back. I had fun last night but still a few more to watch.