Options

The Radio Times listing that never were, but should have been!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dear Radio Times,

Many fans were upset to find a fake listing for a Coronation Street documentary in the middle of an evening of made up Doctor Who stories.

I feel most fans would have preferred an evening full of original made up episodes rather than a documentary with a somewhat tenuous link to the world of Doctor Who. After all, if this were an evening of made up Coronation Street episodes, would it be appropriate to suddenly insert a documentary about Doctor Who in the middle of it?

Please do continue with these made up stories, which have been most enjoyable and inspiring. And please do bring back the Zygons.

Yours,

David Tennant, aged 13 and three quarters.

PS, any chance of a signed picture of Peter Davison?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    My god, these are funny! :-)
  • Options
    GDKGDK Posts: 9,478
    Forum Member
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    That's not funny, at all! :mad: If all you can do is mock, then please leave this thread immediatly! And don't post on this thread again. :mad::mad:

tiggerpooh, in case you misread that post and thought it was me.. It wasn't. And in case you hadn't noticed, I was slightly miffed that it implied I am a troll. Anyone who'd been following this forum for a while would know I'm not.

We're all here on this forum to be informed and entertained and sometimes contribute to that entertainment when we can. Get a broader perspective. Please? Take note of others' perspectives, Otherwise I'll have to conclude I'm not dealing with an adult and I will withdraw from this thread. I've no wish to be wilfully misunderstood.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    7:35
    Doctor Who
    A two-part story by Steven Moffat.
    Depths of the Rift

Pulled onto a planet with a rift in space and time on it, the Doctor and Clara find the citizens of the world dying of an unknown poison. While trying to find out what the poison is, and how it could spread to the entire planet, a race of golden beings descend from the stars, and bring what could save the world; They called themselves the Axons. Can the Doctor stop whatever plan the Axons have, and save the populace?

The Doctor ... Matt Smith
    Clara Oswald ... Jenna Louise-Coleman
    Captain Derten Besalif ... Graeme Garden
    Corporal Somai Aaneo ... Jeany Spark
    Professor Ma Erst ... Thomas Ham Jinn
    Voice of the Axos ... Bernard Holley
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GDK wrote: »
    tiggerpooh, in case you misread that post and thought it was me.. It wasn't. And in case you hadn't noticed, I was slightly miffed that it implied I am a troll. Anyone who'd been following this forum for a while would know I'm not.

We're all here on this forum to be informed and entertained and sometimes contribute to that entertainment when we can. Get a broader perspective. Please? Take note of others' perspectives, Otherwise I'll have to conclude I'm not dealing with an adult and I will withdraw from this thread. I've no wish to be wilfully misunderstood.

Hear hear. Apparently a subtly funny and relevant post like yours is forbidden by forum overlord Tiggerpooh whereas stuff about giant squirrels and Two Pints of Lager and the Death of British Comedy are totally fine...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm surprised that someone who is apparently a DW fan could fail to get your joke to be honest, as it is fairly universally accepted that being scheduled against Corrie in the 80s was probably the beginning of the end for the original run. Perhaps Tiggerpooh is a Red Dwarf fan still repressing memories of 'Back To Earth'?

*awaits bollocking for acknowledging existence of non-DW TV programme...*
  • Options
    tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a Red Dwarf fan, but found Back To Earth a bit boring, as there was no laughter track present.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *sigh* My post is about Doctor Who, you know. I think I understand why my joke is a failure with you and tigger pooh.

Back in the days of black and white TV there were only two channels, then three, and nobody had a second TV set in their bedroom and video recorders were huge, expensive machines that only TV studios could afford. TV was an event and if you missed your favourite programme, that was it. You missed it and could never see it again.

In my youth, which was those ancient days, it was not uncommon for imaginative programmes, like Doctor Who and others to be scheduled up against popular soap operas. In our house it used to cause great deal of upset, as my mum loved her soaps and I loved Doctor Who and Star Trek and others.

So you see, my entry, which is about a TV programme that I wish had been made but wasn't, is an ironic reference to that.

I can understand why anyone too young to remember such things might not get the joke.

Can you imagine my feelings on being taken to task over a post which is to the point and which I thought was an original twist on the OP's idea? I think you're both being rather too literal.

Well, to be honest, I think that is a somewhat obscure joke. I remember the problem of scheduling you refer to and even so I just thought you'd misunderstood the point of the thread.

The reference to you as "Troll King" was meant in a joking spirit, as was the rest of the post. I put a winking smilie at the bottom to show none of it was meant maliciously. I know you're not a troll and apologise for any offence.

I guess both our jokes misfired slightly!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hear hear. Apparently a subtly funny and relevant post like yours is forbidden by forum overlord Tiggerpooh whereas stuff about giant squirrels and Two Pints of Lager and the Death of British Comedy are totally fine...

Praise The Lord and pass the ammunition! Someone here got my joke!

Thanks saladfingers and kaybee!

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, to be honest, I think that is a somewhat obscure joke. I remember the problem of scheduling you refer to and even so I just thought you'd misunderstood the point of the thread.

The reference to you as "Troll King" was meant in a joking spirit, as was the rest of the post. I put a winking smilie at the bottom to show none of it was meant maliciously. I know you're not a troll and apologise for any offence.

I guess both our jokes misfired slightly!

Thanks davethescot. Mine certainly misfired with some around here. :) I admit I was taken aback at first with your post and had to edit my response a couple of times before finding the right tone - the penny finally dropped that you were joking.

My other post, explaining the original post (surely an admission of failure :)) was really directed at tiggerpooh and doctorwhofancal.

It's so easy to misread an intent when it's plain text like this.

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread has been brilliant with funny and original contributions by all including GDK. I just think some people should be a bit more reasonable and not jump on posts they didn't get and also not take it so seriously.
  • Options
    Twonky2000Twonky2000 Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    6.10pm
    Doctor Who
    Starring Tom Baker in
    Schrodinger's Catastrophe
    By Christopher H Bidmead

The Doctor and Romana arrive on a planet of theoretical impossibility, where all inhabitants are simultaneously alive and dead. Only a quantum field wave generator will reverse the state of regressive inertia; but, with K9 suffering from a bronchial infection of the circuit boards, its creation will require the Doctor and Romana to do the impossible: talk to each other.
    The Doctor . .. Tom Baker
    Romana. . . ... .Lalla Ward
    Voice of K9. . .John Leeson
    Hadron..... . . . Colin Jeavons
    Lepton. . . . . .. Gerald Harper
    Boson. . . . . . .Terence Alexander
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Doctor Who
    starring Matt Smith in
    The Forever Arc. A story by
    Russell S. Moffatt.
    As the Doctor reels from River’s
    latest secrets, Amy discovers
    Rory is still alive but trapped in a
    collapsing time phisher at the edge
    of the reality bubble. But as the
    TARDIS is revealed to be the
    cause of the collapse, a young
    Melody Pond must confront her own
    future as the leader of The Silence.
    Or something.
    Dr Who . . . . . Matt Smith
    Amy . . . . . . . Karen Gillan
    Rory . . . . . . . Arthur Darvill
    River Song . . Alex Kingston
    TARDIS . . . . .Suranne Jones
  • Options
    sithlord3ksithlord3k Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    7:00pm
    Doctor Who
    Starring Matt Smith in
    Suprise !
    A 90 minute story by Jack Dee

Mal wakes up on the night of All Hallows Eve, in nothing but a fez and a bow tie. He has no memory of who he is. Mal is approached by the Het siblings, Het Stream and Het Airn, who tell him that he was on his way to pull a prank on his old friend the Doctor.

After inhaling helium, and armed with carrot juice, an orange wig and an exercise bike, Mal Bush follows Het Stream's directions to the Doctor's Mobile home, parked next to a field called Trenzalore...

Mal Bush..................Matt Smith
    The Doctor...............Colin Baker
    Het Stream..............Anthony Ainley
    Het Airn...................Kate O Mara

and introducing Michael Jayston as the 12th Doctor
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    21:30
    Sy-Fy

Doctor WTF?
    Starring Taylor Lautner in
    ‘It’s Bigger on the inside…of my pants’
    Written by Roberto Orci, a 15 year old boy, a few focus groups, Twitter, a trained chimp

From visionary director Michael Bay comes a brand spanking new re-imaginification of a British classic. Fox Entertainment in association with BBC Worldwide, Walmart and Nestle Confectionary are proud to present the epic 4 and a half hour pilot for a show that is literally out of this world!
    Meet the Doc’…a no nonsense intergalactic bad-ass with two penises, a time machine disguised as a 12-cylinder Ferrari Testarossa and one hell of a chip on his shoulder. Along with his sidekicks Captain Wack, a gratuitous racial stereotype from the wrong side of the tracks who puts the ‘Gang’ into Gangsta and the hilarious D-0g, an entirely CGI canine companion that is never far from his side, the Doc kicks alien butt from Earth to Pluto and all the way back again armed with only a Sonic M-16.
    That is until one day he crash lands into the middle of a trailer park on the edge of Hollywood and meets down on her luck stripper Gratuitous Crotch-Shot. What is it about Gratuitous that the Doc sense’s isn’t quite right? Why do the camera crew insist on shooting her from low angles? Why does she never wear any clothes? And most of all what is the growling sound coming from that box of Pop Tarts? The Doc is damned sure he is the guy to find out!
    There will be laughter, there will be tears, there might be the occasional fart joke, people will walk nowhere in particular while a slow motion camera spins around them, lenses will flare, things will go bang and another precious memory from your childhood will die in front of your very eyes! as we try to answer the question on everyone’s lips: Doctor Who the F***?

Doctor WTF?......Taylor Lautner
    Gratuitous Crotch-Shot......Megan Fox
    Captain Wack......Martin Lawrence
    D-Og......Voiced by Adam Sandler
    Cynical, Grizzled Police Chief with a drink problem……Christopher Walken
    Collecting the paycheque……Helen Mirren

Editor…..Someone with Attention Deficit Disorder
    Theme Song…..’Is there a Doctor (in the MuthaF****** Club)?’ performed by Florida feat. DJ Derbyshire (available now from ITunes $.99)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »
    Doctor Who
    starring Matt Smith in
    The Forever Arc. A story by
    Russell S. Moffatt.
    As the Doctor reels from River’s
    latest secrets, Amy discovers
    Rory is still alive but trapped in a
    collapsing time phisher at the edge
    of the reality bubble. But as the
    TARDIS is revealed to be the
    cause of the collapse, a young
    Melody Pond must confront her own
    future as the leader of The Silence.
    Or something.
    Dr Who . . . . . Matt Smith
    Amy . . . . . . . Karen Gillan
    Rory . . . . . . . Arthur Darvill
    River Song . . Alex Kingston
    TARDIS . . . . .Suranne Jones

I'd it wrong that I actually want to see this episode:) ?

Don't worry gdk, i too thought your coronation street post was funny AND was about Dr who too, and I'm only 34. Some people must have thought you were trying to take the p. Or something. It does happen I suppose.

I've been reading all these and ask are excellently funny.still trying to think of one of my own.
  • Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sy-Fy

Doctor WTF?
    ‘It’s Bigger on the inside…of my pants’
    Written by Roberto Orci, a 15 year old boy, a few focus groups, Twitter, a trained chimp

From visionary director Michael Bay comes a brand spanking new re-imaginification of a British classic. Fox Entertainment in association with BBC Worldwide, Walmart and Nestle Confectionary are proud to present the epic 4 and a half hour pilot for a show that is literally out of this world!
    Meet the Doc’…a no nonsense intergalactic bad-ass with two penises, a time machine disguised as a 12-cylinder Ferrari Testarossa and one hell of a chip on his shoulder. Along with his sidekicks Captain Wack, a gratuitous racial stereotype from the wrong side of the tracks who puts the ‘Gang’ into Gangsta and the hilarious D-0g, an entirely CGI canine companion that is never far from his side, the Doc kicks alien butt from Earth to Pluto and all the way back again armed with only a Sonic M-16.
    That is until one day he crash lands into the middle of a trailer park on the edge of Hollywood and meets down on her luck stripper Gratuitous Crotch-Shot. What is it about Gratuitous that the Doc sense’s isn’t quite right? Why do the camera crew insist on shooting her from low angles? Why does she never wear any clothes? And most of all what is the growling sound coming from that box of Pop Tarts? The Doc is damned sure he is the guy to find out!
    There will be laughter, there will be tears, there might be the occasional fart joke, people will walk nowhere in particular while a slow motion camera spins around them, lenses will flare, things will go bang and another precious memory from your childhood will die in front of your very eyes! as we try to answer the question on everyone’s lips: Doctor Who the F***?

Cynical, Grizzled Police Chief with a drink problem……Christopher Walken
    Collecting the paycheque……Helen Mirren

Editor…..Someone with Attention Deficit Disorder
    Theme Song…..’Is there a Doctor (in the MuthaF****** Club)?’ performed by Florida feat. DJ Derbyshire (available now from ITunes $.99)

That's brilliant, very very funny. But also frightening possible if Hollywood ever got their hands on Who. This post has all the reasons why Doctor Who should never, ever be re-imaginified into a Hollywood Blockbuster...
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    5.30....or 6.20....or 7.10....or thereabouts

Doctor Who.

Starring Matt Smith and Patrick Troughton.

The Trouble With Quarks

by S Moffat, with some input by B Cox

The Tardis, with the 12th Doctor, materialises in the Large Hadron Collider in which innocent and freedom loving particles are being forced to collide with each other by a strangely familiar-looking evil scientist who wants to discover Quarks.

The Doctor is angry at the treatment of these poor particles, and also miffed because several of them have knocked askew his bow tie. Muttering "Quarks? They want Quarks? I'll give them Quarks!" he dashes off (in the Tardis) to Dulkis, where he encounters his earlier self with his companion, Zoe. Together they transport several Quarks back to the LHC, where the Quarks proceed to gleefully blow everything up.

The evil scientist falls in love with Zoe, and due to the power of love sees the error of his ways, promises not to do it again, and lets the particles go free to dance happily across the universe for ever, singing as they go, and causing several fans to feel very queasy.

11th Doctor.........Matt Smith
    2nd Doctor..........Patrick Troughton
    Zoe.....................Wendy Padbury
    Chief Quark........Dodo (appearing by arrangement with G McSmith)
    Evil Scientist........Brian Cox.......no, not that one! The other one!
  • Options
    garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    this thread is a classic

18:00 -21.00
    November 2013

Dr Who
    50th anniversay
    A 3 Hour Spectacular in 3D
    cast including
    Matt Smith
    David Tennant
    Christopher Ecclestone
    Paul Mcgann
    Sylvestor Mccoy
    Colin Baker
    Peter Davison
    Tom baker
    Carey Mulligan
    The master
    lots of Daleks
    Cybermen
    and many more.
  • Options
    garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    Sy-Fy

Doctor WTF?
    ‘It’s Bigger on the inside…of my pants’.........lips: Doctor Who the F***?

Cynical, Grizzled Police Chief with a drink ............ )

Crotch Shot ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah crotch shot. As in a pictorial fixation on the genital area.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    5.25 DOCTOR WHO
    Starring Pat Troughton
    The Most Evil of the Daleks
    Written by Terry Nation's Brother

The Doctor, Jamie and Victoria escape form the 'final' end to the daleks - only to find the TARDIS has veered away to a parallell dimension - only to find that a sinister villain called the Master has made them go through it all again!
    The Doctor......Patrick Troughton
    Jamie..............Frazer Hines
    Zoe Herriot......Wendy Padbury
    Dalek voice.....Zippy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    18:00 -21.00
    November 2013

As part of Doctor Who night on BBC 2, this previously unanounced programme in the scheduling, is sure to be a real treat for Doctor Who fans. With only one week left to go until the big event, Radio Times is pleased to announce this 3 hour pilot episode for a brand new series.

"Some Goode Doctors lifes do have em"

Mel from Doctor Who stars in this spinoff, about a former time travellers assistant, who has settled down in her new suburban home with her robot husband, Clifford, whop loves to sing . But who is her mysterious new neighbour? All she knows is his name, Mr Astor. Will he turn out to be a noisy neighbour or a good friend. Either way Hillarious consequencies are sure to ensue. And watch out for a blink and you'll miss it guest appearance by someone familiar,

Starring

Bonnie Langford... Mel Bush
    Cliff Richard...Clifford
    Ainey Tonlay...Mr. Astor
    The Postman...Sylvester McCoy
    Passer by...Christopher Eccleston
    Pizza delivery boy...Matt Smith
  • Options
    KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    The first few with the Master turning up for no reason... incredibly funny! How I LOLled :D
  • Options
    tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sithlord3k wrote: »
    7:00pm
    Doctor Who
    Starring Matt Smith in
    Suprise !
    A 90 minute story by Jack Dee

Mal wakes up on the night of All Hallows Eve, in nothing but a fez and a bow tie. He has no memory of who he is. Mal is approached by the Het siblings, Het Stream and Het Airn, who tell him that he was on his way to pull a prank on his old friend the Doctor.

After inhaling helium, and armed with carrot juice, an orange wig and an exercise bike, Mal Bush follows Het Stream's directions to the Doctor's Mobile home, parked next to a field called Trenzalore...

Mal Bush..................Matt Smith
    The Doctor...............Colin Baker
    Het Stream..............Anthony Ainley
    Het Airn...................Kate O Mara

and introducing Michael Jayston as the 12th Doctor

That's very funny! :D Well done. :) A good twist you've added here, by getting Michael Jayston in as the 12th Doctor. :cool: He was like a demonic, angry version of the Doctor during the Trial of a Timelord days in 1986, so it would be interesting.

You'll have to write another mock listing to see how it would go with Michael Jayston as the Doctor. I look foraward to that, sometime. :)