Doctor Who 2016 DVD/Blu-Ray Release Schedule

Comments

• bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    25th January is that magic day when every transmitted story in existence will be available on dvd in the uk. Unless you count curse of the fatal death or dimensions in time:kitty:
  • TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O.k... The Tardis Library has Return to Devil's End and White Witch of Devil's End set for a February 26th Release (in the UK only). Having seen half a dozen dates for this release come and go, I wouldn't hold my breath, but I hope that it is released this time and on time.

Since I am not in the UK, please let me know if this release date actually happens. :)
  • Kieran SeymourKieran Seymour Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Theophile wrote: »
    O.k... The Tardis Library has Return to Devil's End and White Witch of Devil's End set for a February 26th Release (in the UK only). Having seen half a dozen dates for this release come and go, I wouldn't hold my breath, but I hope that it is released this time and on time.

It's been moved back to the end of September.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A new loose cannon version of the massacre is online. Search "the massacre LC40". Downloading it off daily motion. Also an animated daleks masterplan but not too impressed with that one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been moved back to the end of September.

I don't know if this will ever be released. LOL! :)
  • Dr jake youngDr jake young Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good news for those of you who haven't taken a fancy to the Moffet era. He's doing series 10 then stepping down, with Chris Chibnall replacing him for series 11 http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/report-moffat-leaving-doctor-who-chris-chibnall-new-showrunner-79586.htm
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news for those of you who haven't taken a fancy to the Moffet era. He's doing series 10 then stepping down, with Chris Chibnall replacing him for series 11 http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/report-moffat-leaving-doctor-who-chris-chibnall-new-showrunner-79586.htm

Yes. I have been dancing in the streets regarding that. :):):)

However, back to the subject at hand, The Husbands of River Song has been released in the UK today. That now makes the list:

Series 9, Part II: UK: Released, US: January 26th
    The Husbands of River Song: UK: Released, US: February 23rd
    The Underwater Menace (finally!): UK: Released, US: March 1st
    The Complete 9th Series: UK: March 7th, US: April 5th
    The Complete Series 1 Blu-Ray: UK: Released, US: ?
    The Complete Series 2 Blu-Ray: UK: Released, US: ?
    The Complete Series 3 Blu-Ray: UK: Released, US: ?
    The Complete Series 4 Blu-Ray: UK: Released, US: ?

Right now, every single extant episode has been released in the UK and we are simply waiting for the rest of them to be released here in the US.

I am still really hoping for some Blu-Ray dates for Series 1-4 in the US to be announced soon. :/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. I have been dancing in the streets regarding that. :):):)

However, back to the subject at hand, The Husbands of River Song has been released in the UK today. That now makes the list:

Series 9, Part II: UK: Released, US: January 26th

Right now, every single extant episode has been released in the UK and we are simply waiting for the rest of them to be released here in the US.

I am still really hoping for some Blu-Ray dates for Series 1-4 in the US to be announced soon. :/

And come March 7th, every single DVD/blu-ray for Dr who for the foreseeable future shall have been released!

Going back to the series 11 thing, does anybody think chris Chibnall is going to be a good show runner? I haven't liked any of his episodes apart from 42, so I don't know what to think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And come March 7th, every single DVD/blu-ray for Dr who for the foreseeable future shall have been released!

Going back to the series 11 thing, does anybody think chris Chibnall is going to be a good show runner? I haven't liked any of his episodes apart from 42, so I don't know what to think.

Well, for the UK, yes. It will be April 5th for the US (unless they give us some dates on the Blu-Ray Releases for Series 1-4 before then, in which case it will be a bit later).

Anyways, it is now January 26th, so Series 9 Part II has now been released in the U.S.. This makes the (ever shrinking) list:

I will wait for The Complete 9th Series, though. I prefer The Completes rather than parts. The Husbands of River Song will be included in the Complete 9th Series, yes? :):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, for the UK, yes. It will be April 5th for the US (unless they give us some dates on the Blu-Ray Releases for Series 1-4 before then, in which case it will be a bit later).

Anyways, it is now January 26th, so Series 9 Part II has now been released in the U.S.. This makes the (ever shrinking) list:

I will wait for The Complete 9th Series, though. I prefer The Completes rather than parts. The Husbands of River Song will be included in the Complete 9th Series, yes? :):):)

It shall, yes. I haven't even brought series 8 yet (really didn't like it) but i think i will go ahead and get that and the series 9 set at the same time (really haven't liked these last 2 seasons, but as a compleionist I have a moral duty lol).
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Bought the Christmas special today on DVD, the latest one that is.That's my collection bang up to date.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ended up getting £7 off cex for my series 9 part 1 set. Thats a loss of £4.69, but cheaper that way and ordering the complete set than ordering part 2 and the 2015 Christmas special and keeping part 1. Also had an email off the bbc that they will credit me £2 as the price of the complete set has dropped since i pre ordered.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ended up getting £7 off cex for my series 9 part 1 set. Thats a loss of £4.69, but cheaper that way and ordering the complete set than ordering part 2 and the 2015 Christmas special and keeping part 1. Also had an email off the bbc that they will credit me £2 as the price of the complete set has dropped since i pre ordered.

Well, that's really nice of them. :):):)

I am glad to see that everybody's collections are finishing up nicely. I still have a ways to go. I still need about ten serials from the 20th Century Doctor Who and I still need Series 2-4 (I am hoping that it is released on Blu-Ray before I run out of the other stuff to purchase). And, of course, I will be purchasing The Underwater Menace in March and Series 9 in April. :):):) My collection will probably be complete around the end of the year/early next year.

As a side note, my wife bought me the 1960's Doctor Who theatrical releases for Christmas. I know that they are not canon, but no collection would be complete without them, I think.

By the way, to me there are three tiers to a Doctor Who Collection: Tier I: All of the show, the original run (1963) and both revivals (1996 & 2005). Tier II: The spin-offs (Torchwood, The Sarah Jane Adventures, K-9 and Company and (soon, I guess) Class). Tier III: Non-Canon related stuff (The Scream of the Shalka, The 1960's movies, The Five-ish Doctors, Adventures in Time and Space, etc.). Am I missing anything here?

When does Class start to air?
  • Boz_LowdownlBoz_Lowdownl Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that's really nice of them. :):):)

I am glad to see that everybody's collections are finishing up nicely. I still have a ways to go. I still need about ten serials from the 20th Century Doctor Who and I still need Series 2-4 (I am hoping that it is released on Blu-Ray before I run out of the other stuff to purchase). And, of course, I will be purchasing The Underwater Menace in March and Series 9 in April. :):):) My collection will probably be complete around the end of the year/early next year.

As a side note, my wife bought me the 1960's Doctor Who theatrical releases for Christmas. I know that they are not canon, but no collection would be complete without them, I think.

By the way, to me there are three tiers to a Doctor Who Collection: Tier I: All of the show, the original run (1963) and both revivals (1996 & 2005). Tier II: The spin-offs (Torchwood, The Sarah Jane Adventures, K-9 and Company and (soon, I guess) Class). Tier III: Non-Canon related stuff (The Scream of the Shalka, The 1960's movies, The Five-ish Doctors, Adventures in Time and Space, etc.). Am I missing anything here?

When does Class start to air?

My own collection is complete. All the Classic series, the dreadful TV Movie and Series 1-6 of New Who, including the Specials. I finally came to my senses and realised life is too short to waste more money on Moffat crap that will never be watched again, so haven't purchased 7-9. Although, talking of Chibnall, I did buy Dinosaurs from the BBC Store as a standalone as I enjoyed that episode (although, also talking of Chibnall, didn't buy the awful Power of Three).
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    My own collection is complete. All the Classic series, the dreadful TV Movie and Series 1-6 of New Who, including the Specials. I finally came to my senses and realised life is too short to waste more money on Moffat crap that will never be watched again, so haven't purchased 7-9. Although, talking of Chibnall, I did buy Dinosaurs from the BBC Store as a standalone as I enjoyed that episode (although, also talking of Chibnall, didn't buy the awful Power of Three).

Sorry, how can you collection be complete if you don't buy series 7-9 ? True there are some appalling episodes but there is some pretty good stuff there as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We don't want to make the dvd thread a battleground about the moffat era again, there's plenty enough threads for that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We don't want to make the dvd thread a battleground about the moffat era again, there's plenty enough threads for that.

That is very, very true. I don't care for Moffat in the slightest, but this isn't the thread for that.

By the way, do you have The Doctor Who 1960's Movies? The Scream of the Shakla? And are there any other videos you would put into that third tier category as must haves for a collection? :):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is very, very true. I don't care for Moffat in the slightest, but this isn't the thread for that.

By the way, do you have The Doctor Who 1960's Movies? The Scream of the Shakla? And are there any other videos you would put into that third tier category as must haves for a collection? :):):)

I think it is acceptable if it is to explain why someone would not buy certain DVDs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy1231 wrote: »
    Sorry, how can you collection be complete if you don't buy series 7-9 ? True there are some appalling episodes but there is some pretty good stuff there as well.

My own "personal" collection of what I wish to purchase is complete, unless some more missing episodes are found or animated. I accept that my personal collection is a subset of what is available. As for "pretty good stuff", maybe a bit, but not much, and if I decide I want these in future I will purchase as individual episodes from the BBC store (as I have done with Dinosaurs) rather than buy DVD box sets.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is acceptable if it is to explain why someone would not buy certain DVDs.

And I can wholeheartedly agree with that. I just don't want the thread to devolve into a pro vs. con about Moffat (which the last one did really badly - LOL!).

As you all well know, I can't stand Moffat's showrunning. However, I will still buy the Blu-Rays because Doctor Who is like sex in the way that bad sex is still better than none at all and I want all that I can get my hands on- good, bad or otherwise. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have the movies and scream of the shalka. Bought downtime last year but not watched yet. I suppose you could put that into the third tier. Not sure if its available outside region 2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's at least the 5th release of that story counting VHS! (And maybe 6th if available at BBC Store.)
  • dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member

Since I am not in the UK, please let me know if this release date actually happens. :)

Is it DVD or DVD-R because if its DVD-R im not interested.
  • dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    A new loose cannon version of the massacre is online. Search "the massacre LC40". Downloading it off daily motion. Also an animated daleks masterplan but not too impressed with that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pdw7zBw5pk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w48zI3eSGtU