Mutya Keisha Siobhan - second single (TBA)

Comments

• Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,979
    Forum Member
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    They are going to have to do it the hard way...play gigs, gain audience.

Do you think the talent show is the only route to success?

No I'm talking about as a guest, as was the person that originally posted about. I know talent shows aren't the only way to make itz
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my gosh get over Heidi.....she is not in MKS and never will be. She's not as musically talented as the original 3.

Anyway, I can't wait till the album.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for the album either and good to know we will have it this year:)
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my gosh get over Heidi.....she is not in MKS and never will be. She's not as musically talented as the original 3.

Heidi was the only thing that made them marketable and that was at the time they at least had a fanbase. Now they don't have one at all.

Good luck waiting for the album as I doubt we will ever get to hear it. There is zero interest in them. No money is to be made and any record label can now see this. At least prior to Flatline there was a buzz and interest. Now there is none at all. I wouldn't be surprised if they just released a EP and then called it quits.
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heidi was the only thing that made them marketable and that was at the time they at least had a fanbase. Now they don't have one at all.

Good luck waiting for the album as I doubt we will ever get to hear it. There is zero interest in them. No money is to be made and any record label can now see this. At least prior to Flatline there was a buzz and interest. Now there is none at all. I wouldn't be surprised if they just released a EP and then called it quits.

So you're not interested in the music they might produce or the gigs they might play, it's just about about marketing and money?
    Forum Member
    So you're not interested in the music they might produce or the gigs they might play, it's just about about marketing and money?

I'm interested in their album and their gigs, looking at it logically though, why would a label pump money into something that isn't going to work? If this album comes out, it's unlikely to do well (and probably worse than One Touch) so where do they go after that?

If their album doesn't sell, they are unlikely to play many more gigs.

I love Siobhan but vocally (for me personally) she adds nothing to 2.0 songs that Heidi couldn't, I actually think on a few she sounds worse than Heidi, and even Flatline, Heidi could have sang Siobhan's verse.
    Forum Member

The problem is, that she is just as talented. This idea the original three are somewhat sacred is laughable. All these people that slate Heidi, you bought the Heidi era singles and albums. These people made AYN the biggest selling Sugababes single.

People never cared about the original line-up. How many people wanted Siobhan back when Freak, Round Round, Hole In The Head, Push The Button and About You Now were released? I assume very few.

As much as I love her, her voice and her solo material, she is back out of convenience. There is no more story to tell from them, there is no untold chapter.
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    Can't wait for the album either and good to know we will have it this year:)

Don't get your hopes up it's been coming for 18 months now, if not longer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm interested in their album and their gigs, looking at it logically though, why would a label pump money into something that isn't going to work? If this album comes out, it's unlikely to do well (and probably worse than One Touch) so where do they go after that?

If their album doesn't sell, they are unlikely to play many more gigs.

I love Siobhan but vocally (for me personally) she adds nothing to 2.0 songs that Heidi couldn't, I actually think on a few she sounds worse than Heidi, and even Flatline, Heidi could have sang Siobhan's verse.

Listen to the their music and go to their gigs while they are still performing and stop worrying what record companies want to do. Pop music is about fans and building a fan base primarily.

The Siobhan/Heidi thing isn't that relevant. Mutya and then Keisha are the most distinctive vocals anyway in that mix.
    Forum Member
    Listen to the their music and go to their gigs while they are still performing and stop worrying what record companies want to do. Pop music is about fans and building a fan base primarily.

The Siobhan/Heidi thing isn't that relevant. Mutya and then Keisha are the most distinctive vocals anyway in that mix.

I'm not worrying about anything. I will continue to see them or buy their music, but it's how long they will continue to do gigs for and release music together that I am concerned about.

The other thing is, if they gave us something to talk about, we wouldn't be speculating about what's happening. The only thing we ever get is it's coming, it's coming. It needs to hurry up and come already.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Flatline was amazing, very keen to hear more, and soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    I thought Flatline was amazing, very keen to hear more, and soon.

I love Flateline too.

but I agree about Heidi. she was my favourite and it doesn't seem the same withouth her now. she brought something extra I think. hard to explain lol :)
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe so many people liked Heidi. There was nothing special about her. The MKS lineup are much more interesting in my opinion. Mutya and Keisha's voices were always a lot more interesting than Heidi's too. The success of the Mutya, Keisha and Heidi lineup was mainly down to the songs. If Siobhan had stuck around then she would have been part of that success instead of Heidi. Heidi didn't really add anything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe so many people liked Heidi. There was nothing special about her. The MKS lineup are much more interesting in my opinion. Mutya and Keisha's voices were always a lot more interesting than Heidi's too. The success of the Mutya, Keisha and Heidi lineup was mainly down to the songs. If Siobhan had stuck around then she would have been part of that success instead of Heidi. Heidi didn't really add anything.

I couldn't agree more. I have no idea what the obsession with Heidi is about. Mutya and Keisha were always the more interesting singers, still are.
    Forum Member

In that case, Siobhan didn't really add anything either so all the big fuss about the original line-up was futile.

There is a reason that the group continued to be successful after Siobhan and Mutya departed, no Heidi isn't the be all and end all of the group, there is a reason why 1.0 haven't been successful a second time around. Because as good as they are, they obviously lack something.

Heidi has as big a part to play in the success of the Sugababes as any of the original members, if not more than Siobhan.
    Forum Member
    I couldn't agree more. I have no idea what the obsession with Heidi is about. Mutya and Keisha were always the more interesting singers, still are.

They are the more interesting voices, but they are more interesting than Siobhan's too.

Heidi has a good voice, Siobhan has a good voice. There really isn't much difference, MKS performing 2.0 songs sound no better for having Siobhan singing them, I think Heidi's verse in Stronger sounds worse with Siobhan singing singing it. Heidi could sing Flatline and No Regrets as well as Siobhan.

It's not really an obsession, on my part at least, more that I find Heidi's voice warmer than Siobhan's and prefer 2.0 over any line-up. I've got five songs of Keisha and Heidi performing live, and Heidi sounds so good singing Mutya's Ugly and Push The Button verses.

I find it more odd all of a sudden Heidi's contributions meant nothing as soon as Keisha was gone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are the more interesting voices, but they are more interesting than Siobhan's too.

Heidi has a good voice, Siobhan has a good voice. There really isn't much difference, MKS performing 2.0 songs sound no better for having Siobhan singing them, I think Heidi's verse in Stronger sounds worse with Siobhan singing singing it. Heidi could sing Flatline and No Regrets as well as Siobhan.

It's not really an obsession, on my part at least, more that I find Heidi's voice warmer than Siobhan's and prefer 2.0 over any line-up. I've got five songs of Keisha and Heidi performing live, and Heidi sounds so good singing Mutya's Ugly and Push The Button verses.

I find it more odd all of a sudden Heidi's contributions meant nothing as soon as Keisha was gone.

The point is that the success of Sugababes 2.0 has very little to do with Heidi's singing, it was the strength of the songs at the time. She may have had some input into that, she is listed on the credits, but I doubt it.
    Forum Member
    The point is that the success of Sugababes 2.0 has very little to do with Heidi's singing, it was the strength of the songs at the time. She may have had some input into that, she is listed on the credits, but I doubt it.

Then if it was down to the songs, it didn't matter about Keisha and Mutya, because they may have had some input into that, they are listed on the credits, but we will never know.

Mutya is listed all the way down Taller, Keisha herself has said she and Heidi wrote that album and Mutya got credits because that was the deal they had. So Mutya and Keisha could have had as little input into songs as Heidi did.

If it was down to Mutya and Keisha, why have they tried twice with the original line-up and it has gone on to fail? I'm not saying Heidi is responsible for the success, but to throw away her contributions is wrong. She was there for a long time, longer than two originals even before Keisha left. Yes I agree it's because of the songs, I'm just not willing to say Heidi bought nothing when she did, she bought just as much to the table as Siobhan did/does.

I personally don't think Keisha's voice is that great, yeah she has a good voice but it tends to be a bit whiny, certainly on her adlibs, I wouldn't just cut her contribution down. It was a contribution of all three girls that made the group successful and the songs are part of that. We don't know that Sugababes would have recorded Freak, Round Round, Hole In The Head if Heidi wasn't in the group
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still no news? What is going on with them?! No 2nd single? No album? I don't understand it. Their tour last year went down really well, by all accounts. I saw them in Bristol and they performed brilliantly and had an amazing reception. I loved the new songs they performed and am longing to hear them again - if they ever get released! What's with the delay and the silence on their Facebook page?! :-(
    Forum Member
    spaceygal wrote: »
    Still no news? What is going on with them?! No 2nd single? No album? I don't understand it. Their tour last year went down really well, by all accounts. I saw them in Bristol and they performed brilliantly and had an amazing reception. I loved the new songs they performed and am longing to hear them again - if they ever get released! What's with the delay and the silence on their Facebook page?! :-(

Their twitter account hasn't been posted on for 6 days either. I don't understand the hold up myself
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guys the girls have been dropped
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »

But they haven't.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Robertfitz wrote: »

Source?
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where's the source? I don't believe that.

Flatline could have been absolutely huge, along with the album. Their management really let them down.
    Forum Member
    Polydor let them down, continually moving the date. But ultimately, the amount of people that wanted to buy Flatline bought it. That was shown the next week when it dropped in the chart People don't not download a song because it's released on a Friday.

They are still on Polydor's artist page so I assume they are still signed.