Good morning Britian studio 2014

Comments

• NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I’m still finding it hard to believe they are launching this in just over a months time. I’m not disputing it, just doubting that they’ve given themselves enough time to create a new programme that is different from Daybreak. It all sounds a bit rushed, and the result could easily be something very similar to Daybreak, which the audience will state, and then switch off once again.

As for what studio they’ll use, again given the amount of time they’ve had/got to plan I suspect it’ll be the same studio that Daybreak uses, just a re-design. The original Daybreak studio (the one over looking the Thames) was last used for Sunday Side Up and Sunday Scoop, which I don’t know if they’ve been recommissioned.
  • yorksdaveyorksdave Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Good Morning Britain implies it excludes Northern Ireland, which is part of the United Kingdom but not of Great Britain.

Northern Ireland is part of the British Isles as is the republic of Ireland, it also includes the Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey. If Scotland became independent it would still be part of Great Britain (the main island) and the British Isles but not the United Kingdom.
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think we have heard what is gonna happen to Matt, Ranvir, Kate and John yet or not..

Kate is now on SmoothFM weekdays from 10am to 1pm so I suppose could still do an ocassional shift but doubt she will feature much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    I’m still finding it hard to believe they are launching this in just over a months time. I’m not disputing it, just doubting that they’ve given themselves enough time to create a new programme that is different from Daybreak. It all sounds a bit rushed, and the result could easily be something very similar to Daybreak, which the audience will state, and then switch off once again.

As for what studio they’ll use, again given the amount of time they’ve had/got to plan I suspect it’ll be the same studio that Daybreak uses, just a re-design. The original Daybreak studio (the one over looking the Thames) was last used for Sunday Side Up and Sunday Scoop, which I don’t know if they’ve been recommissioned.

A radical departure would be putting the presenters behind a desk, this seems to be the style used on US Morning Shows, last used here on BBC Breakfast News and RI:SE and dump the Comps.

I am assuming that Aled's new Weekend Show will be instead of Sunday Side UP/Sunday Scoop.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorksdave wrote: »
    A radical departure would be putting the presenters behind a desk, this seems to be the style used on US Morning Shows, last used here on BBC Breakfast News and RI:SE and dump the Comps.

I am assuming that Aled's new Weekend Show will be instead of Sunday Side UP/Sunday Scoop.

I think Aled's show is taking the 8.30/9.25 slot, be interesting to see what they do with Scrambled
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Kate is now on SmoothFM weekdays from 10am to 1pm so I suppose could still do an ocassional shift but doubt she will feature much.

Music radio shows can be voice tracked.
  • smurfs5smurfs5 Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm almost sure I read somewhere that Kate is leaving Daybreak. Helen Fospero could cover Susanna/ Lorraine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate has also done the National Lottery Live draws the last 2 weeks
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Music radio shows can be voice tracked.

Not really done during weekday day times though
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bring back the old TVam theme tune.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Aled's show is taking the 8.30/9.25 slot, be interesting to see what they do with Scrambled

Scrambled should go to the slot after just Ike with the old kids TV and last till lunch, enough of cooking TV!
  • EnnerjeeEnnerjee Posts: 5,131
    Forum Member
    spyro2 wrote: »
    Here we go with copying something else from America! :D

Don't know why such a show had never been started years ago. :(

I think it was originally copied from the US, but back in 1983. Here's the opening titles from then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCA3RbhkSl4
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ennerjee wrote: »
    I think it was originally copied from the US, but back in 1983. Here's the opening titles from then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCA3RbhkSl4

That really takes me back. Makes me a bit emotional TBH, reminds me of school days and a happy childhood.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    Possibly but same principle applies, they are unlikely to have come up with the name without studying breakfast programmes in other countries.

Yeah these days they would just google the name.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    Present it from Susanna Reids dressing room.
    The only thing ITV can do to get viewers watching in the morning.

^THIS^

Agree wholeheartedly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just noticed on another youtube clip, John Stapleton has been involved in Breakfast TV since 1984 at least, I remember his wife Lynn Foulds-Wood, also appeared often
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just noticed on another youtube clip, John Stapleton has been involved in Breakfast TV since 1984 at least, I remember his wife Lynn Foulds-Wood, also appeared often
    He did the infamous TV-AM Brighton bombing reports where they couldn't afford to send a camera or crew so just had him on the phone with a still picture shown on screen. He has been involved with breakfast and daytime TV for years, used to enjoy him and Penny on GMTV!
  • sparkie70sparkie70 Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He did the infamous TV-AM Brighton bombing reports where they couldn't afford to send a camera or crew so just had him on the phone with a still picture shown on screen. He has been involved with breakfast and daytime TV for years, used to enjoy him and Penny on GMTV!

And TV-AM had a kick up the backside by the IBA for that.
  • MadsocksMadsocks Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they use the same music as the previous GMB incarnation!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can we have Roland Rat, as cover for Lorriane when she cant make her 8:30 show, for the days when Rosie breaks a nail, and needs mummy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smurfs5 wrote: »
    I'm almost sure I read somewhere that Kate is leaving Daybreak. Helen Fospero could cover Susanna/ Lorraine.

Unfortunately not, Kate clings on

http://www.list.co.uk/article/59409-kate-garraway-joining-good-morning-britain/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    Possibly but same principle applies, they are unlikely to have come up with the name without studying breakfast programmes in other countries.

Fair enough point, yes.

Likely to have looked at breakfast program's in other countries - quite possibly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madsocks wrote: »
    I hope they use the same music as the previous GMB incarnation!

It will depend partly on who owns the music, " According to wikipedia "TV-am", the TV-am logo, and fifteen registered trade marks are now owned by journalist Ian White. The archive of TV-am programmes made between 1983 and 1992 was taken over by Moving Image Communications Ltd. No mention of the music though.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When was she ever on BBC breakfast TV ?
  • ariusukariusuk Posts: 13,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will depend partly on who owns the music, " According to wikipedia "TV-am", the TV-am logo, and fifteen registered trade marks are now owned by journalist Ian White. The archive of TV-am programmes made between 1983 and 1992 was taken over by Moving Image Communications Ltd. No mention of the music though.

All of TV-am's archive is now in the hands of AP (except for their Olympics footage which is in the ITV Sport Archive).