Enjoy the entertainment-but don't vote...

amanduhamanduh Posts: 1,970
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think we've all gathered it's not quite the reality, search for a star show we first thought, so why don't we give Mr C a taste of his own medicine- watch and enjoy the shennannegins but not vote and save our pennies for something more honest and worthwhile? :)

Comments

• kellygirlkellygirl Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    Good plan. He makes masses of money from the phone votes.
  • amanduhamanduh Posts: 1,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone fancy starting the Don't Vote facebook group??!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I had already decided I wont be voting for anyone in Cheryl's category, and perhaps Simons, no matter how good they might turn out to be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,588
    Forum Member
    I have had time off this board in the past for saying in forthright terms that people must be mad to vote in such a rigged show. apparently people are entitled to use their money to show support, even for the talent-free, or so I was told. I haven't had an enforced absence for a while, so that will be all I say.
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amanduh wrote: »
    Anyone fancy starting the Don't Vote facebook group??!! :D

Rage against the Vote?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've watched X-Factor (and Pop Idol / Pop Stars) from the start and love it. But I've never voted!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Whilst there are morons in the world who pay through the nose voting and lining SC's pockets, this campaign will never take off:(
  • stormin normstormin norm Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    I don't vote anyway. The only time I caved was for Ruth Lorenzo as she was amazing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Menk wrote: »
    Rage against the Vote?

That'll do nicely!! :D I'll be your first friend!! ;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst there are morons in the world who pay through the nose voting and lining SC's pockets, this campaign will never take off:(

True about those who'll vote regardless Crystalline, but I disagree about it not taking off as there are so many negative stories now and so many ticked off former fans.
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kellygirl wrote: »
    Good plan. He makes masses of money from the phone votes.

So does the Industry and those employed therein. Don't put people out of a job please in the current Economic Climate. My son works in the Media. He has worked and trained hard to get there. Many of his friends are unemployed with Media degrees and would love to be working for XF now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CARA2000 wrote: »
    So does the Industry and those employed therein. Don't put people out of a job please in the current Economic Climate. My son works in the Media. He has worked and trained hard to get there. Many of his friends are unemployed with Media degrees and would love to be working for XF now.

He can still work for the panto that is X Factor Cara- and we can save our money to buy genuine music from artists we've chosen not had 'forced' upon us.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He can still work for the panto that is X Factor Cara- and we can save our money to buy genuine music from artists we've chosen not had 'forced' upon us.

Who is forcing? You don't have to watch. :confused: You don't have to vote. That is your choice. We have freedom of choice in this country.

Matt has been doing gigs for years and not gotten where he deserves to be. More are buying his album now because of his exposure on XF. Good for him being into 'genuine music' and allowing himself the opportunity to platform his talent so that we can all share.

I suppose there will always be negative people around who visit forums to spurt their venom. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is forcing? You don't have to watch. :confused: You don't have to vote. That is your choice. We have freedom of choice in this country.

Matt has been doing gigs for years and not gotten where he deserves to be. More are buying his album now because of his exposure on XF. Good for him being into 'genuine music' and allowing himself the opportunity to platform his talent so that we can all share.

I suppose there will always be negative people around who visit forums to spurt their venom. :rolleyes:

:) Cara- I enjoy the show, I just don't enjoy the manipulation and dishonesty, hence me saying enjoy the entertainment, cos it is entertaining, just save your hard earnt pennies!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    Amandah, I fully agree. This is an entertainment show not to be taken seriously, and paying for votes is like subsiding Syco to make sure they make as much money as possible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, I would say that XF relies on Advertising than the phone vote.

Last year 10 million telephone votes were made. Almost 2/3 went to Joe.

If only 1 million votes were made the result would probably be the same. Joe would have won by 2/3 of the vote.

The amount of votes does not effect the outcome.

Advertising revenue does effect the show by how much budget they are given because of it.

20 million people chose to watch and Advertisors are loving it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I would say that XF relies on Advertising than the phone vote.

Last year 10 million telephone votes were made. Almost 2/3 went to Joe.

If only 1 million votes were made the result would probably be the same. Joe would have won by 2/3 of the vote.

The amount of votes does not effect the outcome.

Advertising revenue does effect the show by how much budget they are given because of it.

20 million people chose to watch and Advertisors are loving it.
    They can still love it and we can keep our cash- it's a win-win situation!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chi wrote: »
    Amandah, I fully agree. This is an entertainment show not to be taken seriously, and paying for votes is like subsiding Syco to make sure they make as much money as possible.

That is the whole point of a business? :confused: To create revenue.

The Government forces us to pay taxes, etc, to create revenue to pay for other things. We have no choice.

With XF and such like you do have a choice. Switch off.

If an artist is struggling to get heard go find where they hang out and buy their music. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :) Cara- I enjoy the show, I just don't enjoy the manipulation and dishonesty, hence me saying enjoy the entertainment, cos it is entertaining, just save your hard earnt pennies!

Again, it is about choice.

I would not spend 'my hard earned pennies' on gambling (Chance). Others do. I don't try to dictate that they should or should not. Gawd help the bookies if no one gambled. :confused:

I don't spend 'my hard earned pennies' on rubbish fastfood restaurants. Ugh! The thought of eating McDonalds. Others do. Thank goodness. The Industry is huge and employs thousands all over the world.

Are there campaigns on Facebook, etc, dictating that people should not spend their 'hard earned pennies' on examples set out above?

I am not a sheep. I do as I please. If I want to vote for my favourite on a Saturday night on a talent show it has b*ggar all to do with anyone unless you can convince me that I am lining the pockets of some Terrorist Organisation or something on those lines. :rolleyes:
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's pretty much how I approach all reality TV shows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again, it is about choice.

I would not spend 'my hard earned pennies' on gambling (Chance). Others do. I don't try to dictate that they should or should not. Gawd help the bookies if no one gambled. :confused:

I don't spend 'my hard earned pennies' on rubbish fastfood restaurants. Ugh! The thought of eating McDonalds. Others do. Thank goodness. The Industry is huge and employs thousands all over the world.

Are there campaigns on Facebook, etc, dictating that people should not spend their 'hard earned pennies' on examples set out above?

I am not a sheep. I do as I please. If I want to vote for my favourite on a Saturday night on a talent show it has b*ggar all to do with anyone unless you can convince me that I am lining the pockets of some Terrorist Organisation or something on those lines. :rolleyes:

I should stress- it is optional Cara :) and if you want to continue to vote, please do! Similarly if those of us who just like to watch but don't want to help line Mr C's pockets any more want to start up a group for other like minded people... then that's our choice and we're just doing as we please. :)