"Not Scotland" - What are STV Playing At? (Part 2)

Comments

• kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Sirs wrote: »
    Home of greedy men in suits who show nothing but contempt for their viewers - I wonder if they are proud of destroying a once great Scottish institution? :mad:

What do you expect its more money in THEIR pockets than anything - if they aint "milking" it in, they are blowing it away on "cash giveaways" .... you know now when STV put those on it is scraping barrels!
  • Mr SirsMr Sirs Posts: 4,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the latest line up of the main STV OPT OUTS from the ITV network, up to & including Friday 26th:-

TUESDAY 16TH:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: In Plain Sight/Jackpot 247/Loose Women/Jeremy Kyle (STV: SCOTLAND TONIGHT, MONK (rpt), RIVER MONSTERS (rpt), NIGHTSCREEN).

WEDNESDAY 17TH:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: Sports Life Stories/The Dales/Jackpot 247/Columbo/Jeremy Kyle (STV: SCOTLAND TONIGHT, PIERS MORGAN'S LIFE STORIES (rpt), COLUMBO (rpt), RIVER MONSTERS (rpt), NIGHTSCREEN).

THURSDAY 18TH:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: Around The House/Jackpot 247/River Monsters/Nightscreen/Jeremy Kyle (STV: SCOTLAND TONIGHT, THE NIGHTSHIFT).

FRIDAY 19TH:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: Film - Forgetting Sarah Marshall/Jackpot 247/Columbo/Nightscreen (STV: SPORTS LIFE STORIES, THE DALES (rpt), THE NIGHTSHIFT).

SATURDAY 20TH:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: Film - Parenthood/Jackpot 247/Ladette To Lady/Nightscreen (STV: FILM - AMERICAN DREAMZ, THE NIGHTSHIFT).

SUNDAY 21ST:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: Perspectives - Hitchcock/Rugby Union/The Store/Superbike Highlights/Monk/Nightscreen/Jeremy Kyle (STV: YOUNG SCOT AWARDS, STV RUGBY, HIGHLANDS HIGHLIGHTS (rpt), THE NIGHTSHIFT).

MONDAY 22ND:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: Unforgettable Larry Grayson/Monk/Jackpot 247 (STV: SCOTLAND TONIGHT, JONATHAN ROSS (rpt), COLUMBO (rpt), NIGHTSCREEN).

TUESDAY 23RD:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: In Plain Sight/Jackpot 247/Loose Women/Jeremy Kyle (STV: SCOTLAND TONIGHT, MONK (rpt), RIVER MONSTERS (rpt), NIGHTSCREEN).

WEDNESDAY 24TH:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: Sports Life Stories/The Dales/Jackpot 247/Touring Car Highlights (STV: SCOTLAND TONIGHT, IN PLAIN SIGHT, COLUMBO (rpt), NIGHTSCREEN).

THURSDAY 25TH:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: Jonathan Ross/Jackpot 247/River Monsters/Nightscreen/Jeremy Kyle (STV: SCOTLAND TONIGHT, THE NIGHTSHIFT).

FRIDAY 26TH:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: Film - 2 Fast 2 Furious/Jackpot 247/Film - Dante's Peak/Nightscreen (STV: SPORTS LIFE STORIES, RIVER MONSTERS (rpt), THE NIGHTSHIFT).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's the latest line up of the main STV OPT OUTS from the ITV network, up to & including Friday 26th:-

TUESDAY 16TH:-

WEDNESDAY 17TH:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: Sports Life Stories/The Dales/Jackpot 247/Columbo/Jeremy Kyle (STV: SCOTLAND TONIGHT, PIERS MORGAN'S LIFE STORIES (rpt), COLUMBO (rpt), RIVER MONSTERS (rpt), NIGHTSCREEN).

THURSDAY 18TH:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: Around The House/Jackpot 247/River Monsters/Nightscreen/Jeremy Kyle (STV: SCOTLAND TONIGHT, THE NIGHTSHIFT).

FRIDAY 19TH:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: Film - Forgetting Sarah Marshall/Jackpot 247/Columbo/Nightscreen (STV: SPORTS LIFE STORIES, THE DALES (rpt), THE NIGHTSHIFT).

SATURDAY 20TH:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: Film - Parenthood/Jackpot 247/Ladette To Lady/Nightscreen (STV: FILM - AMERICAN DREAMZ, THE NIGHTSHIFT).

SUNDAY 21ST:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: Perspectives - Hitchcock/Rugby Union/The Store/Superbike Highlights/Monk/Nightscreen/Jeremy Kyle (STV: YOUNG SCOT AWARDS, STV RUGBY, HIGHLANDS HIGHLIGHTS (rpt), THE NIGHTSHIFT).

MONDAY 22ND:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: Unforgettable Larry Grayson/Monk/Jackpot 247 (STV: SCOTLAND TONIGHT, JONATHAN ROSS (rpt), COLUMBO (rpt), NIGHTSCREEN).

LATE NIGHT - ITV: Sports Life Stories/The Dales/Jackpot 247/Touring Car Highlights (STV: SCOTLAND TONIGHT, IN PLAIN SIGHT, COLUMBO (rpt), NIGHTSCREEN).

LATE NIGHT - ITV: Jonathan Ross/Jackpot 247/River Monsters/Nightscreen/Jeremy Kyle (STV: SCOTLAND TONIGHT, THE NIGHTSHIFT).

LATE NIGHT - ITV: Film - 2 Fast 2 Furious/Jackpot 247/Film - Dante's Peak/Nightscreen (STV: SPORTS LIFE STORIES, RIVER MONSTERS (rpt), THE NIGHTSHIFT).

I see Perspectives this week is been giving a miss for an award show :rolleyes: - possibly cheaply made, so will Perspectives be a +1 week now ..... if so here we go again STV bugging up the schedule - STV is "trying" but god it fails, why does STV just run it AFTER awards? Oh my mistake in STV they haven't got the foggiest!

By the way STV must have an obsession with its "fillers" as they appear randomly in schedules and the repeats of them is getting beyond tiresome, where is there FRESH ideas than cheap fillers, The only channel I am aware of that run "fillers" is Challenge but its at least half decent shows but this constant filler of "living in Scotland lets watch again and again for 10 mins" is beyond a joke now and this is what 3 or more years with these fillers still filling the schedule? Why not ask Channel 5 to borrow "looney tunes" and put that on instead :D ... oh wait STV are the "looney tunes" I forgot ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    I see Perspectives this week is been giving a miss for an award show :rolleyes: - possibly cheaply made, so will Perspectives be a +1 week now ..... if so here we go again STV bugging up the schedule - STV is "trying" but god it fails, why does STV just run it AFTER awards? Oh my mistake in STV they haven't got the foggiest!

By the way STV must have an obsession with its "fillers" as they appear randomly in schedules and the repeats of them is getting beyond tiresome, where is there FRESH ideas than cheap fillers, The only channel I am aware of that run "fillers" is Challenge but its at least half decent shows but this constant filler of "living in Scotland lets watch again and again for 10 mins" is beyond a joke now and this is what 3 or more years with these fillers still filling the schedule? Why not ask Channel 5 to borrow "looney tunes" and put that on instead :D ... oh wait STV are the "looney tunes" I forgot ;)

The Perspectives show could have been shown on Tuesday night (in place of a repeated Monk) at 11.05pm after Scotland Tonight.

Needless to say I expect no apology and/or polite explanation on Sunday night before the awards show along the lines of "for viewers expecting Perspectives, we're pleased to announce this programme will be screened on Tuesday evening at 11.05" - or "...will be back again next week at the usual time of 10pm".

That would be too difficult for STV. :mad: Instead, whilst the award show is commendable, it will be making a song and dance about that instead. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Perspectives show could have been shown on Tuesday night (in place of a repeated Monk) at 11.05pm after Scotland Tonight.

Needless to say I expect no apology and/or polite explanation on Sunday night before the awards show along the lines of "for viewers expecting Perspectives, we're pleased to announce this programme will be screened on Tuesday evening at 11.05" - or "...will be back again next week at the usual time of 10pm".

That would be too difficult for STV. :mad: Instead, whilst the award show is commendable, it will be making a song and dance about that instead. :rolleyes:

STV making announcements on programmes going walkies or programmes being cut off LIVE (footy last week) who you kidding - they don't apologise for anything or say anything but I presume if someone is an avid watcher of Perspectives on STV you will wonder where it has went, but again STV public have to play the "guessing game" of next appearance :eek:

FOOTY: lets remind ourselves they cut to "ads" or had a "breakdown" at the 106th min of extra time (on STV+1 it ran with "views of scotland" instead in place of what happened during the time) .... it returns to "normal" ads then back to footy - once footy finished and ran to news .... oh yes STV apologised but for the WRONG REASON..... yes we knew footy was running late but you bunch of twits CUT OFF the footy was there an apology for that?? NO .... the STV viewer got this "we apologise we are running late due to the football schedules now running late" - so where is the apology you lot made at 106th minute?? NOWHERE, just swept under the carpet but place BLAME on footy/ITV for schedule running late :rolleyes:

I am surprised that STV still run an award show and let me guess disruption also soon in schedules as we have the STV Appeal of friggin 2013 next to contend with :mad:, I wouldnt mind seeing these shows if STV had actually stuck to the shows on ITV ie push them back half an hour to an hour not to miss them but its pretty obvious that STV's audience will be decimated within next 10 years if it doesn't get its act together!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The main STV OPT OUTS for the week ahead:-

SATURDAY 27TH:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: River Monsters/Jackpot 247/Ladette To Lady/Nightscreen (STV: THE NIGHTSHIFT).

SUNDAY 28TH:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: The Store/Motorsport/Nightscreen/Jeremy Kyle (STV: THE NIGHTSHIFT).

MONDAY 29TH:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: Monk/Jackpot 247/Jeremy Kyle (STV: SCOTLAND TONIGHT, FILM - DANTE'S PEAK, NIGHTSCREEN).

TUESDAY 30TH:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: In Plain Sight/Jackpot 247/Loose Women (STV: SCOTLAND TONIGHT, RIVER MONSTERS (rpt), NIGHTSCREEN).

WEDNESDAY 1ST:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: We Love The Monkees/The Dales/Jackpot 247/Columbo (STV: SCOTLAND TONIGHT, IN PLAIN SIGHT, COLUMBO, NIGHTSCREEN).

THURSDAY 2ND:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: All Star Family Fortunes/Jackpot 247/In Plain Sight/Nightscreen/Jeremy Kyle (STV: SCOTLAND TONIGHT, THE NIGHTSHIFT).

FRIDAY 3RD:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: Film - The Fast & The Furious, Tokyo Drift/Jackpot 247/Film - The War Wagon/Nightscreen (STV: SPORTS LIFE STORIES, THE DALES (rpt), THE NIGHTSHIFT).

Comment: After its premiere on the ITV network before, ITV4 screens the 2009 film Public Enemies on Saturday 27th at 9.30pm. Guess STV won't need to bother buying/screening it now. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The main STV OPT OUTS for the week ahead:-

SATURDAY 27TH:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: River Monsters/Jackpot 247/Ladette To Lady/Nightscreen (STV: THE NIGHTSHIFT).

SUNDAY 28TH:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: The Store/Motorsport/Nightscreen/Jeremy Kyle (STV: THE NIGHTSHIFT).

MONDAY 29TH:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: Monk/Jackpot 247/Jeremy Kyle (STV: SCOTLAND TONIGHT, FILM - DANTE'S PEAK, NIGHTSCREEN).

LATE NIGHT - ITV: In Plain Sight/Jackpot 247/Loose Women (STV: SCOTLAND TONIGHT, RIVER MONSTERS (rpt), NIGHTSCREEN).

LATE NIGHT - ITV: We Love The Monkees/The Dales/Jackpot 247/Columbo (STV: SCOTLAND TONIGHT, IN PLAIN SIGHT, COLUMBO, NIGHTSCREEN).

LATE NIGHT - ITV: All Star Family Fortunes/Jackpot 247/In Plain Sight/Nightscreen/Jeremy Kyle (STV: SCOTLAND TONIGHT, THE NIGHTSHIFT).

LATE NIGHT - ITV: Film - The Fast & The Furious, Tokyo Drift/Jackpot 247/Film - The War Wagon/Nightscreen (STV: SPORTS LIFE STORIES, THE DALES (rpt), THE NIGHTSHIFT).

Comment: After its premiere on the ITV network before, ITV4 screens the 2009 film Public Enemies on Saturday 27th at 9.30pm. Guess STV won't need to bother buying/screening it now. :rolleyes:

What do you expect MrSirs STV don't do "premieres" now .... its full of re runs -- movie premieres will appear in 2020-2050 :rolleyes: and films like that you would be MORE likely seeing it on either ANOTHER ITV channel or on one of the other networks. STV is far from petty - if it can't screen "premieres" it does tell you something, funny that fair enough people complain the amount of times ITV repeats films but god at least they are showing FILMS, what does STV do show repeated fillers and thats even in "nightshift" - films are not important to them possibly they are "not relevant to Scotland" :yawn:

Whilst I speak of films I see you noted "motorsport" wonder why us Scots don't see any of that coverage, we got Knockhill racing circuit - oh forgot us Scots according to STV is we love footy and rugby any other sport stick 2 fingers up at .... right ok then :rolleyes: ... the only time I seen STV extend it "sports" was for olympics but other than that no

LOL and plus now STV is becoming more of a turn off channel now .... spoilt a brief 10-15 secs of "broadchurch" last night very annoyed with that lot NO APOLOGY made yet again but ANNOUNCER did mention it was "fantastic" at the end but FAILED to say sorry for that fault :mad:

STV is not ran by amateurs ... more like beginners and its an embarassment (for faults happening every week!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The latest STV OPT OUTS as follows:-

SATURDAY 4TH:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: Film - Basic Instinct/Jackpot 247/The Starter Wife/Nightscreen (STV: FILM - FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL, THE NIGHTSHIFT).

SUNDAY 5TH:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: Rugby Union/The Store/Monk/Motorsport/Nightscreen/Jeremy Kyle (STV: STV RUGBY, BEYOND EXPLANATION (rpt), THE NIGHTSHIFT).

MONDAY 6TH:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: Monk/Jackpot 247/Jeremy Kyle (STV: WE LOVE THE MONKEES (rpt), COLUMBO (rpt), NIGHTSCREEN).

TUESDAY 7TH:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: In Plain Sight/Jackpot 247/Loose Women/Jeremy Kyle (STV: SCOTLAND TONIGHT, MONK (rpt), THE STARTER WIFE (rpt), NIGHTSCREEN).

WEDNESDAY 8TH:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: Film - Fast & Furious/Jackpot 247/Touring Car Highlights/Jeremy Kyle (STV: SCOTLAND TONIGHT, IN PLAIN SIGHT, FILM - THE WAR WAGON, NIGHTSCREEN).

THURSDAY 9TH:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: All You Can Eat/Jackpot 247/Tonight/Nightscreen/Jeremy Kyle (STV: SCOTLAND TONIGHT, THE NIGHTSHIFT).

FRIDAY 10TH:-
    LATE NIGHT - ITV: Jackpot 247/Columbo/Nightscreen (STV: THE NIGHTSHIFT).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The latest STV OPT OUTS as follows:-

LATE NIGHT - ITV: Film - Basic Instinct/Jackpot 247/The Starter Wife/Nightscreen (STV: FILM - FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL, THE NIGHTSHIFT).

LATE NIGHT - ITV: Rugby Union/The Store/Monk/Motorsport/Nightscreen/Jeremy Kyle (STV: STV RUGBY, BEYOND EXPLANATION (rpt), THE NIGHTSHIFT).

LATE NIGHT - ITV: Monk/Jackpot 247/Jeremy Kyle (STV: WE LOVE THE MONKEES (rpt), COLUMBO (rpt), NIGHTSCREEN).

LATE NIGHT - ITV: In Plain Sight/Jackpot 247/Loose Women/Jeremy Kyle (STV: SCOTLAND TONIGHT, MONK (rpt), THE STARTER WIFE (rpt), NIGHTSCREEN).

LATE NIGHT - ITV: Film - Fast & Furious/Jackpot 247/Touring Car Highlights/Jeremy Kyle (STV: SCOTLAND TONIGHT, IN PLAIN SIGHT, FILM - THE WAR WAGON, NIGHTSCREEN).

LATE NIGHT - ITV: All You Can Eat/Jackpot 247/Tonight/Nightscreen/Jeremy Kyle (STV: SCOTLAND TONIGHT, THE NIGHTSHIFT).

OH FFS STV .... get that banal crap "beyond boring" off our screens :mad: ..... channel still churns out its "fillers" FFS next week it'll be another re run of Highland Highlights with John Michie next, god almighty STV!

got to laugh STV screen 2 films a week later after ITV :rolleyes:, this channel is pretty much slow and done for!
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And now on STV, while the silly English are enjoying Downton Abbey, we'll be showing re runs of Take The High Road and that well loved Australian drama we found when Border Tekevision was demolished, A Country Practice. Actually STV is becoming as parochial and stupid as that outpost of local ITV I had to grow up under and this wouldn't surprise me if they ran these again.
    For all I can understand the need for an ITV service for Scotland, STV strike me as being pretty stupid at times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    And now on STV, while the silly English are enjoying Downton Abbey, we'll be showing re runs of Take The High Road and that well loved Australian drama we found when Border Tekevision was demolished, A Country Practice. Actually STV is becoming as parochial and stupid as that outpost of local ITV I had to grow up under and this wouldn't surprise me if they ran these again.
    For all I can understand the need for an ITV service for Scotland, STV strike me as being pretty stupid at times.

Finally Glenn your seeing sense :D, I think STV will run Downtown as normal as far as I am aware of.

I'll also agree that STV (well I will use Grampian's name) wasn't as bad as it is now and it is really bad!

I'll take on something you mentioned "High Road" I am more surprised that with such crap "opt out" programming ie Moviejuice, Scottish Passport, surely STV could have invested in making a soap or something to that degree or it was a weekly show (but then again knowing this lot it be set in Weegieland). STV do in a way have an ADVANTAGE and that was using Grampian in the right way (other than the shoddy news), maybe they could have provided "alternative" shows for areas other than being based and coming from the Clyde :rolleyes: but do they see this?? Short answer is NO - they are that enthuastic with everything from the Central belt/West Coast that STV "North" is becoming more of a derelict station (so with them saying a while back with the cuts "no one will see any difference" sorry but actually I do - and it shows in the quality of its output - spot of tech fault, staff have no clue on what to do! As again North is under orders from Glasgow so it can not respond to issues it once did say 10-20 years ago... ie sorry for this tech fault be back asap.... now its "whoops" .... sweep under carpet .... and back to normal ... and this is coming even DIRECT from Glasgow :mad:)
  • TORPIDO 1TORPIDO 1 Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv should probably find some gambling or tv shopping as 4hours and 45 mins of nightscreen is ridiculous and stv should probably should have its own version on screen of this by now same as utv should have, as seperate from itv now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TORPIDO 1 wrote: »
    stv should probably find some gambling or tv shopping as 4hours and 45 mins of nightscreen is ridiculous and stv should probably should have its own version on screen of this by now same as utv should have, as seperate from itv now.

You got to admit its funny on ITV Nightscreen that it does say it "varies by region" .... yes so if there is a programme you missed due to your "ITV" tough (yes the Scots are more hard done by STV when they choose to "opt out") and if they buy one of ITV's own shows they can't even keep to a schedule of it as they just throw it on random days/nights (examples Cornwall/POMS). STV is ran by idiots who don't have a clue but are more than happy lining their own back pockets and nothing more :mad:

If I was being honest I would rather have the Nightscreen on as from a THURS-SUN night we have "The Nightshift" in its place and that is god awful to watch (having gambling on is a bad idea also but I am pretty sure STV did a similar one to ITV if I remember correctly)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You got to admit its funny on ITV Nightscreen that it does say it "varies by region" .... yes so if there is a programme you missed due to your "ITV" tough (yes the Scots are more hard done by STV when they choose to "opt out") and if they buy one of ITV's own shows they can't even keep to a schedule of it as they just throw it on random days/nights (examples Cornwall/POMS). STV is ran by idiots who don't have a clue but are more than happy lining their own back pockets and nothing more :mad:

If I was being honest I would rather have the Nightscreen on as from a THURS-SUN night we have "The Nightshift" in its place and that is god awful to watch (having gambling on is a bad idea also but I am pretty sure STV did a similar one to ITV if I remember correctly)

I do remember a "gambling"/roulette show being hosted by some Scots guy a couple/few years ago - not sure whether this was STVs own production (think it was) or from ITV with a Scots host.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do remember a "gambling"/roulette show being hosted by some Scots guy a couple/few years ago - not sure whether this was STVs own production (think it was) or from ITV with a Scots host.

I am right in a way here ..... thought that .... I thought it was called something like STV Play?? (similar to ITV Play) - if I have the name right?? I know it was at the time that you were seeing it all infesting majority of the channels!

EDIT: STV CASINO - was the name here is the link >>> http://programmes.stv.tv/stv-casino - seems to be web based (yes STV avoid the radar of not putting it on ... guess trying to be in the "good" books when clearly not if web is open) :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am right in a way here ..... thought that .... I thought it was called something like STV Play?? (similar to ITV Play) - if I have the name right?? I know it was at the time that you were seeing it all infesting majority of the channels!

EDIT: STV CASINO - was the name here is the link >>> http://programmes.stv.tv/stv-casino - seems to be web based (yes STV avoid the radar of not putting it on ... guess trying to be in the "good" books when clearly not if web is open) :rolleyes:

Ah yes I remember it now. Thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally Glenn your seeing sense :D, I think STV will run Downtown as normal as far as I am aware of.

I'll also agree that STV (well I will use Grampian's name) wasn't as bad as it is now and it is really bad!

I'll take on something you mentioned "High Road" I am more surprised that with such crap "opt out" programming ie Moviejuice, Scottish Passport, surely STV could have invested in making a soap or something to that degree or it was a weekly show (but then again knowing this lot it be set in Weegieland). STV do in a way have an ADVANTAGE and that was using Grampian in the right way (other than the shoddy news), maybe they could have provided "alternative" shows for areas other than being based and coming from the Clyde :rolleyes: but do they see this?? Short answer is NO - they are that enthuastic with everything from the Central belt/West Coast that STV "North" is becoming more of a derelict station (so with them saying a while back with the cuts "no one will see any difference" sorry but actually I do - and it shows in the quality of its output - spot of tech fault, staff have no clue on what to do! As again North is under orders from Glasgow so it can not respond to issues it once did say 10-20 years ago... ie sorry for this tech fault be back asap.... now its "whoops" .... sweep under carpet .... and back to normal ... and this is coming even DIRECT from Glasgow :mad:)

Grampian's destruction is even more callous than that of the ITV regions and STV is acting just like ITV 1 did in the noughties. Actually one of the people I drink with is Scottish, from Motherwell, and he says for all ITV in England isn't anything great, STV is far worse and is full of the same old tired local programming that most people switch over from. I do agree with people who say STV should be distinctive, but surely BBC Scotland does a better job.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grampian's destruction is even more callous than that of the ITV regions and STV is acting just like ITV 1 did in the noughties. Actually one of the people I drink with is Scottish, from Motherwell, and he says for all ITV in England isn't anything great, STV is far worse and is full of the same old tired local programming that most people switch over from. I do agree with people who say STV should be distinctive, but surely BBC Scotland does a better job.

See I prefer BBC Scotland I will admit I don't like at the moment the placing of "Holby City" (yes I do watch this sometimes) but at least BBC Scotland shows it - but if you ask STV if your not showing it where will it go?? Oh thats right it goes off the radar or thrown about but if its STV's "own" (define it in your own defintion :D) programming its stuck in place of what ITV are "currently showing". Its more annoying now that STV use "Nat Geo" programmes and describe it as "one of their own" :mad: (Banged Up Abroad aka in STVLand is Amazing Stories with the dodgy HD picture!)

I'll agree with you in that yes ITV aren't that much great either but lets give them credit where dramas/comedies are missed they have the courtesy to show it on either ITV2/3/4 (ok maybe waiting 6 months after original showing on ITV) but what does it REALLY say about this lot? I personally liked Grampian in its heyday don't get me wrong I did prefer them to BBC/BBC Scotland but now I deteste this lot as anything it produces its coming from the Clyde and nothing more but Grampian (and any use of it is being or has been destroyed) its sad and its real shame but again the bosses in Glasgow KNOW what they are doing and its obvious, just give it another 5-10 years and there will be a "surprised" announcement to say STV North is coming from Glasgow (seems like they are trying to phase it in ie test run with all these faults and now weekends it comes from Glasgow, the only difference with weekend is it goes back to North for the Signed "News Review" other than that it may as well just go!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah yes I remember it now. Thanks.

Very welcome ... maybe it should comeback instead of that dreaded Nightcrap :D .... on second thoughts just bring back Closedown/testcard :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See I prefer BBC Scotland I will admit I don't like at the moment the placing of "Holby City" (yes I do watch this sometimes) but at least BBC Scotland shows it - but if you ask STV if your not showing it where will it go?? Oh thats right it goes off the radar or thrown about but if its STV's "own" (define it in your own defintion :D) programming its stuck in place of what ITV are "currently showing". Its more annoying now that STV use "Nat Geo" programmes and describe it as "one of their own" :mad: (Banged Up Abroad aka in STVLand is Amazing Stories with the dodgy HD picture!)

I'll agree with you in that yes ITV aren't that much great either but lets give them credit where dramas/comedies are missed they have the courtesy to show it on either ITV2/3/4 (ok maybe waiting 6 months after original showing on ITV) but what does it REALLY say about this lot? I personally liked Grampian in its heyday don't get me wrong I did prefer them to BBC/BBC Scotland but now I deteste this lot as anything it produces its coming from the Clyde and nothing more but Grampian (and any use of it is being or has been destroyed) its sad and its real shame but again the bosses in Glasgow KNOW what they are doing and its obvious, just give it another 5-10 years and there will be a "surprised" announcement to say STV North is coming from Glasgow (seems like they are trying to phase it in ie test run with all these faults and now weekends it comes from Glasgow, the only difference with weekend is it goes back to North for the Signed "News Review" other than that it may as well just go!)

Do you still have to endure that borefest Scotsport, a sports show that only ever showed football when with a generic name like Scotsport it could show more? I know a lot of rights are with the BBC and Sky, but in the old days ITV/STV could show any local sport they chose as it was outside of national agreements. I do recall one wit in the Sunday Post saying that Scotsport should be called Scotsport( but no other sport than fitba). Actually away from the cities, golf is far more popular than football and rugby union has a big following in Edinburgh and the Borders.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you still have to endure that borefest Scotsport, a sports show that only ever showed football when with a generic name like Scotsport it could show more? I know a lot of rights are with the BBC and Sky, but in the old days ITV/STV could show any local sport they chose as it was outside of national agreements. I do recall one wit in the Sunday Post saying that Scotsport should be called Scotsport( but no other sport than fitba). Actually away from the cities, golf is far more popular than football and rugby union has a big following in Edinburgh and the Borders.

STV attempted the ESPN "sportscentre" and was nothing but fitba, and all the had on screen was "sports centre" graphic at bottom left of screen - NO TICKER or anything to cover all SPORTS :rolleyes: ... it got axed eventually (I am guessing ratings but possibly STV made up some guff as usual) and now we have in its place Scotland Tonight :eek: or as I nickname it "Who is going to have a Rammy on Scotland Tonight - Tonight" :D

STV as far as I know "sports" side is Rugby/Fitba surprised yet they don't fit in any motorsport but I guess thats irrelvant to Scotland :sleep:

Sportscentre had 2 Glasweigans PRESENTING the show, yep and you guessed it no input from anyone from NORTH or why not had PRESENTERS from the NORTH doing it. Come to think about it so was that god awful "the hour" also hosted by 2 ....... :mad: no wonder why I say I am that annoyed with STV as it comes across us up North are on an ark somewhere and don't exist compared to down central belt/west coast, I guess we are the forgotten ones :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    STV attempted the ESPN "sportscentre" and was nothing but fitba, and all the had on screen was "sports centre" graphic at bottom left of screen - NO TICKER or anything to cover all SPORTS :rolleyes: ... it got axed eventually (I am guessing ratings but possibly STV made up some guff as usual) and now we have in its place Scotland Tonight :eek: or as I nickname it "Who is going to have a Rammy on Scotland Tonight - Tonight" :D

STV as far as I know "sports" side is Rugby/Fitba surprised yet they don't fit in any motorsport but I guess thats irrelvant to Scotland :sleep:

Sportscentre had 2 Glasweigans PRESENTING the show, yep and you guessed it no input from anyone from NORTH or why not had PRESENTERS from the NORTH doing it. Come to think about it so was that god awful "the hour" also hosted by 2 ....... :mad: no wonder why I say I am that annoyed with STV as it comes across us up North are on an ark somewhere and don't exist compared to down central belt/west coast, I guess we are the forgotten ones :rolleyes:

I don't know why STV can't show more Scottish sport other than the big two ball games, and even then rugby comes second. I'm sure they could strike a deal to show Scottish golf tournaments outside of the majors that the BBC and Sky show, motorsport and boxing, which is still popular in the lowlands. Also as you say north of Dundee, STV probably thinks the population are either oil workers in the North Sea who watch Sky or are elderly farmers with a few Heilan coos.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why STV can't show more Scottish sport other than the big two ball games, and even then rugby comes second. I'm sure they could strike a deal to show Scottish golf tournaments outside of the majors that the BBC and Sky show, motorsport and boxing, which is still popular in the lowlands. Also as you say north of Dundee, STV probably thinks the population are either oil workers in the North Sea who watch Sky or are elderly farmers with a few Heilan coos.

You mentioned Golf, I believe back in the heyday of the 00's Grampian TV ran a show called "the scottish golf club show" according to wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grampian_Television , I think the way that lot think is that us up North just exist for the news and thats it, STV North has virtually no identity (you would think various presenters ie for their shows scotland tonight or just the weather, but no we are tagged along from Glasgow :rolleyes:)

If I was being honest I just can't see STV Glasgow handing any more control to us sadly, Grampian is becoming extinct (if not already) it will!, as I say STV have an ADVANTAGE compared to the BBC (fair enough news) but surely invest in North and get different programming other than the crap from Central or is it that we look to BBC ALBA as thats right up our street :rolleyes: (nothing against ALBA either) but pretty much shows how LITTLE STV care for its counterparts North :mad:, management heads should roll, they know what they have done but got less care for it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Forum Member
    ✭✭

:eek: - Thurs/Friday thats a laugh - whats happening in the gaps? a testcard possibly :D or more fillers filling the airwaves :rolleyes: