Options

Groundbreaking episode of EastEnders to air in New Year? - Spoilers

jaanfxjaanfx Posts: 264
Forum Member
Not sure but I am get feelers that EE producers are planning something special - even groundbreaking - for the New Year. Something to do with Pat Evan's exit.

Comments

• Options
    marius1marius1 Posts: 5,529
    Forum Member
    any idea what it is? why it will b groungbreaking?
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,964
    Forum Member
    pretty sure pats exit is around xmas
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No i think it will be the conclussion to the Yusef storyline! Pats supposed to be leaving on Xmas!
  • Options
    Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure where this whole Pat/Xmas is coming from. I'm sure it's New Year...
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    During This Morning's EP's season a few months back
    Kirkwood said something HUGE is going to happen in the new year but thats all he said:(

Im sure someone could find it on youtube or something?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand this topic whatsoever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JarkdeLuxe wrote: »
    I don't understand this topic whatsoever.
    I think the OP is trying to say they have a feeling that the Producers have something Huge happening at New year:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure where this whole Pat/Xmas is coming from. I'm sure it's New Year...

its in the papers isnt it :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    its in the papers isnt it :confused:
    Yes and DS have picked the news up too.
    It's not been Denied by the BBC so it must be true:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There hardly going to come out and say, no it's not true Pat dies at New Year instead. Wouldn't be worth it. Kirkwood has said he has a huge New Year planned so I'm sure Pat's exit is new Year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There hardly going to come out and say, no it's not true Pat dies at New Year instead. Wouldn't be worth it. Kirkwood has said he has a huge New Year planned so I'm sure Pat's exit is new Year.

what difference would it make?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Usually the BBC say 'We are unable to Comment on Future storylines' or deny it like they did with Bradley's death.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah but they haven't said anything at all about Pat's death. So why would the come out and say something about it being at New Year yet?

It does make a difference because Pauline died at Xmas. It's just very predictable for her to die at Xmas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah but they haven't said anything at all about Pat's death. So why would the come out and say something about it being at New Year yet?

It does make a difference because Pauline died at Xmas. It's just very predictable for her to die at Xmas.
    Personally i think it will be late xmas day or even Boxing day where she dies.
    It says how she Enjoys her last xmas but then the Articles state that she dies at xmas.

When you look at past years they have a big storyline for xmas and then a big one for new year

Last year as example

Xmas-Stacey's exit
    New Year-Baby swap

I dunno only time will tell i supose:)
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    marius1 wrote: »
    any idea what it is? why it will b groungbreaking?

She falls on the ground when she dies and breaks it?
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Kirkwood said something HUGE is going to happen in the new year but thats all he said:(

Something huge? That'll be Pat's cremation.
  • Options
    JimboweJimbowe Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »

Im sure someone could find it on youtube or something?

They all say that though don't they? No producer is going to go on a TV interview and declare they've nothing worthwhile coming up :rolleyes:
  • Options
    bolam2011bolam2011 Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because Pauline died on Christmas Day I don't believe for one second they would kill Pat off on Christmas day too. Plus I think it would be too sad to have her die on Christmas day. I can remember them saying after Jamie's death that they wish they had held on a couple of days as they didn't expect viewers to be so upset.

I think New Years Day is the most likely option and its New Year which has been touted as a big time for EE this year. Not Christmas. You don't get much bigger than Pat really.
  • Options
    JimboweJimbowe Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    bolam2011 wrote: »
    Because Pauline died on Christmas Day I don't believe for one second they would kill Pat off on Christmas day too. Plus I think it would be too sad to have her die on Christmas day. I can remember them saying after Jamie's death that they wish they had held on a couple of days as they didn't expect viewers to be so upset.

I think New Years Day is the most likely option and its New Year which has been touted as a big time for EE this year. Not Christmas. You don't get much bigger than Pat really.

When news breaks out in the media of an actors decision to quit, you can smell a mile off that it'll be Christmas when he/she will depart from the screen whether it be in the back of a black cab or on a slab.

Although it does prove to be a winning formula it's starting to get a bit tiresome with history repeating itself time and time again.

I'd hate to be a resident in Albert Sq come the festive season :(
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    'Groundbreaking' makes it sound like it's never been done before...
  • Options
    actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Euthanasia for Pat?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Euthanasia for Pat?

Been done - Ethel/Dot :)
  • Options
    peter_sharp1ukpeter_sharp1uk Posts: 1,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe people will actually smile and be happy for a change.
  • Options
    marius1marius1 Posts: 5,529
    Forum Member
    sez, do u know what is going to happen? what is going to make us all b amazed? what is BK cooking up, apart from the return of the wicks bros, and hopefully their first EVER appearance together on screen?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    marius1 wrote: »
    sez, do u know what is going to happen? what is going to make us all b amazed? what is BK cooking up, apart from the return of the wicks bros, and hope fully their first EVER appearance together on screen?

I have no idea, wish I did! We can speculate. Hmm I'd like to see something that is going to shock us because EE haven't done it before, but not as shocking as the babyswap storyline.