Michael Moon:Remove him from that family.

AnniecaAnnieca Posts: 2,261
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hopefully the producers will regain sense and ditch the whole family moon idea, but keep Michael Moon, a real find and keep the actor, by giving him brillant storylines and a more leading role in the show.

Comments

• Dirty PonyDirty Pony Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    I think he worked best as a loner. Being given a family has limited him greatly.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the Moons but I agree about giving Michael brilliant storylines. I think he's going to team up with Janine again so that will be very interesting!
  • QueenShebaVIIIQueenShebaVIII Posts: 1,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really want another character who's not really joined to any family. He is a loner character but I don't think loners in real life tend to be people with no family. Eddie is leaving anyway and Michael isn't close to Kat and Alfie so I don't see why he shouldn't have Craig as maybe the one most human relationship he has and Anthony and Tyler as his brothers he's not as close to.
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The dynamic with MM is that he is natural loner but doesnt want to be, He wants to be part of his brothers lives but just cant either down to his seething hatred of his father or just his lone wolf personality.

MM is very complicated thats why he is such a good character.

I like the Moons. Certainly better then the teenage newcomers we have had lateley.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is easily the best of the Moons, I agree. I just hope he doesn't become a purposeless goody goody character now that he seems to have forgiven Eddie.
  • marius1marius1 Posts: 5,529
    Forum Member
    The dynamic with MM is that he is natural loner but doesnt want to be, He wants to be part of his brothers lives but just cant either down to his seething hatred of his father or just his lone wolf personality.

I like the Moons. Certainly better then the teenage newcomers we have had lateley.

this.
  • polkadottydresspolkadottydress Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i liked michael by himself. i really don't see the need for Tyler and Anthony to be in it full time but hey.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member

I'm interested to see where they go with Michael and his brothers. He can't just be left rattling around the square looking mean and moody.He is deffinitely top dog in this family now that Eddie is leaving.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with all of this
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    I'm interested to see where they go with Michael and his brothers. He can't just be left rattling around the square looking mean and moody.He is deffinitely top dog in this family now that Eddie is leaving.
    He turns to Janine as he hits rock bottom in a couple of weeks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    He turns to Janine as he hits rock bottom in a couple of weeks

Say it isnt so.....
  • EastEndFan05EastEndFan05 Posts: 4,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Moons drag Michael down. He never needed them. They were just a vanity project for Kirkwood. Michael is one of the best conceived characters they've had in years. Don't waste him for the sake of lesser characters like Eddie, Tyler and Anthony.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Moons drag Michael down. He never needed them. They were just a vanity project for Kirkwood. Michael is one of the best conceived characters they've had in years. Don't waste him for the sake of lesser characters like Eddie, Tyler and Anthony.

But if it wasn't for Eddie, Tyler and Anthony, what would Michael have done? Other than get Kat pregnant then suddenly be old friends with Jack, a lot of what he's done has been about his desire to make Eddie suffer, which was made stronger but how close he was to Anthony and Tyler. If it wasn't for all of that, he'd just be another guy who does bad things for no real reason. The fact he has these reasons makes him seem more mentally unstable, so kind of more dangerous, and more real.
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    But if it wasn't for Eddie, Tyler and Anthony, what would Michael have done? Other than get Kat pregnant then suddenly be old friends with Jack, a lot of what he's done has been about his desire to make Eddie suffer, which was made stronger but how close he was to Anthony and Tyler. If it wasn't for all of that, he'd just be another guy who does bad things for no real reason. The fact he has these reasons makes him seem more mentally unstable, so kind of more dangerous, and more real.

Yep, I wasn't particularly interested in him until I saw his reaction to his father arriving. Then his behaviour changed and he became more interesting to me as a result.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sure they could have come up with something else for him to do. You can do a lot with characters when you have a big imagination and writing talent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure they could have come up with something else for him to do. You can do a lot with characters when you have a big imagination and writing talent.

It's Eastenders. It's pretty obvious their writers at the moment don't have much imagination.

I think Michael's relationship with the rest of the Moons is a good way to start his character off. It gives him a background to what made him the way he is to begin with and shows why he's developed during his time in the show. With him now being a very strong character quite early on (though they could've tried harder to make him a better character from his arrival), it gives him more to do in future. If EE has imagination and writing talent, this gives them so many possibilities for his character that are more than just being another ladies' man like Jack/Max or another over the top villain.
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's great. The others are frustrating.
    Forum Member
    It's Eastenders. It's pretty obvious their writers at the moment don't have much imagination.

I think Michael's relationship with the rest of the Moons is a good way to start his character off. It gives him a background to what made him the way he is to begin with and shows why he's developed during his time in the show. With him now being a very strong character quite early on (though they could've tried harder to make him a better character from his arrival), it gives him more to do in future. If EE has imagination and writing talent, this gives them so many possibilities for his character that are more than just being another ladies' man like Jack/Max or another over the top villain.

This is how I've seen the revenge storyline - as a real springboard for Michael's character now he's been here nearly a year. As they have with other major characters. The main bugbear seems to be that viewers have been expected to care about characters who they barely know (Eddie, Tyler, Anthony) but I've always seen it as being about finding out what makes Michael tick. I think it's been very effective in that regard.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jayma wrote: »
    This is how I've seen the revenge storyline - as a real springboard for Michael's character now he's been here nearly a year. As they have with other major characters. The main bugbear seems to be that viewers have been expected to care about characters who they barely know (Eddie, Tyler, Anthony) but I've always seen it as being about finding out what makes Michael tick. I think it's been very effective in that regard.

Well in that case, Eddie, Tyler and Anthony have served their purpose and can be axed:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, that's what I mean, which you worded better than I did. :p
    I'm not really sure about the other Moons. I guess it's that they depended on how charming and good looking they're meant to be a bit too much so didn't write them as well as they should've to make the audience care much about them. But that does make Michael's character stronger in a way because the audience wouldn't dislike him as much for trying to tear the Moons apart when they don't really care about the Moons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well in that case, Eddie, Tyler and Anthony have served their purpose and can be axed:D

Eddie's already leaving. :confused: Or I guess David Essex already has.

Anthony and Tyler are quite popular with young female viewers actually. Obviously, characters shouldn't be there for looks alone but I don't think EE are going to get rid of two of the few young, good looking men they have. ;)
    I think they do have potential, actually but only if they stop following the stereotypes so much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annieca wrote: »
    Hopefully the producers will regain sense and ditch the whole family moon idea, but keep Michael Moon, a real find and keep the actor, by giving him brillant storylines and a more leading role in the show.

I totally disagree. I think the family would be better without him and the actor is dire. Hardly a find either way. Steve John Shepherd has been around for years (and always been pretty average).
    Forum Member

How did I know you were going to say that? :p:D Well Eddie's going anyway. Personally I could live without the younger brothers and have them bring Craig occasionally in to balance Michael's mean streak when he's in need of redemption.
    Yes, that's what I mean, which you worded better than I did. :p
    I'm not really sure about the other Moons. I guess it's that they depended on how charming and good looking they're meant to be a bit too much so didn't write them as well as they should've to make the audience care much about them. But that does make Michael's character stronger in a way because the audience wouldn't dislike him as much for trying to tear the Moons apart when they don't really care about the Moons.

You said it perfectly well yourself, I was merely agreeing. :D

Yes, good point - seeing how people reacted negatively to Michael possibly breaking Kat and Alfie up early on in his stint, it probably has worked in his favour to be messing up the lives of three characters that seem to be unpopular! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As others have said the rest of the Moon family are necessary for Michaels dynamic.

I like them. Eddie has worked but is going anyway. Anthony has potential as a good guy but flawed and always needing others approval which is why he clings to his brother. I suspect we will see a softer side to Tyler after his brush with near death and the new brother will add something to Michaels charfacter.

Especially if once in a while it needs softening. Michael needs love though he doesnt heed the approval of others and at the same time finds himself unable to get close to people.

Good character.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

agree!