Options

Macaulay Culkin

DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
Forum Member
✭✭✭
'He's NOT hooked on heroin': Macaulay Culkin's camp forced to deny tabloid claims actor has '$6,000-a-month drug habit'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2182136/Macaulay-Culkins-camp-forced-deny-tabloid-claims-actor-6-000-month-hard-drug-habit.html#ixzz22NjCmopD

The home of all truth (:rolleyes:) The National Enquirer is reporting the above.
I've no idea of its truth but the picture certainly shows an emaciated and ill looking man.
I'm old enough to remember MC in his youth and its sad seeing him now.:cry:

Any thoughts?:)

Comments

• Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    it's his life. hope things okay with him.
  • Options
    AwesomeGeorgeAwesomeGeorge Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    I do hope this is a nasty rumour with no truth behind it :(
  • Options
    chrissye1chrissye1 Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    he's either got a nasty illness, or he has got a heroin habit and to me he's looks like he has got the latter:(
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slow news day if the Fail have to regurgitate a 6 month old story and picture. If they had something taken more recently, I'd take it more seriously.

Matthew McConaghey was on the Daily Show the other night and he's losing weight for a film role. If it weren't for his permatan you'd think he was ill or on something. It's easy for trash rags to jump to conclusions for the sake of a headline.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    If it's not any type of drugs, then maybe a eating disorder? Don't really know how his career has gone, but hopefully he's got enough money to check himself into a centre that could help him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,800
    Forum Member
    'He's NOT hooked on heroin': Macaulay Culkin's camp forced to deny tabloid claims actor has '$6,000-a-month drug habit'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2182136/Macaulay-Culkins-camp-forced-deny-tabloid-claims-actor-6-000-month-hard-drug-habit.html#ixzz22NjCmopD

The home of all truth (:rolleyes:) The National Enquirer is reporting the above.
    I've no idea of its truth but the picture certainly shows an emaciated and ill looking man.

...a lot of child stars resort to drugs when their career goes belly up...it has to be hard,after all the adulation,and hanging out with michael jackson,to realise nobody wants you :(
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever's going on, I hope he gets well, because he was greatly talented and entertaining in his films.

It's always tough to make the transition from child to adult actor, especially when you have been exceptionally successful as he was at a very young age.
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    I've read that he's done a few movies since becoming an adult and the critics had really enjoyed his performances in them. I'd say he's capable of playing more adult roles.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I would like to believe that he isn't addicted to heroin, but that is not the picture of a healthy man. Is it? :( I hope he manages to sort things out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is another piece about the story and I'm not sure I believe it.:(

Macaulay Culkin forced to deny reports of '$6,000-per-month drug addiction' in US tabloid

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/macaulay-culkin-denies-heroin-addiction-1205223
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I blame society no one took care of this kid he got rich too quick and then hit the wall. Someone should have guided this kid through the years and at least ensured he didn't go down the typical child star path.

I am sure hanging out with MJ didn't help.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but he looks absolutely awful in that picture :eek:
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The top photo in that link is from ages ago. Someone created a thread in General Discussion ages ago and linked to an article that had that very photo in it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    The top photo in that link is from ages ago. Someone created a thread in General Discussion ages ago and linked to an article that had that very photo in it.

And???:confused:
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As said above, hes either ill, or he is on drugs, he looks bloody terrible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    He looks awful :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Still would.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ By the looks of him, id say thats necrophilia :D
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And???:confused:

Meaning that he might not look as bad as that now.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His representatives are hardly going to say, "Yes, he is a drug addict".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Meaning that he might not look as bad as that now.

Given that those are the most recent pictures (about five months old) and he hasn't been papped since then, I doubt he's looking any better.
    He hasn't come out himself to dispute the allegations and that has been left to a 'spokesperson'.:(
  • Options
    the_phoothe_phoo Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given that those are the most recent pictures (about five months old) and he hasn't been papped since then, I doubt he's looking any better.
    He hasn't come out himself to dispute the allegations and that has been left to a 'spokesperson'.:(

How do you know he hasnt been papped since then, do you work for an agency? Let's face it, there's no story if they managed to take this terrible photo and have five months worth of photos with him looking healthy/healthier. And you "doubt" he's looking better? Why? :confused: You can't possibly make any of those comments you've made unless you knew him personally.

And in a roundabout way, the insinuation is that this photo is months old so the National Enquirer (being the National Enquirer and as you said the "home of all truth") has re-hashed an old story because they don't have anything else to print. You started off by saying you didn't know whether it was true yet when someone else brings you evidence to undermine this article you immediately discount it.

And since when do celebs dispute allegations themselves? If you've got a dog you don't go around barking do you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the_phoo wrote: »
    How do you know he hasnt been papped since then, do you work for an agency? Let's face it, there's no story if they managed to take this terrible photo and have five months worth of photos with him looking healthy/healthier. And you "doubt" he's looking better? Why? :confused: You can't possibly make any of those comments you've made unless you knew him personally.

And in a roundabout way, the insinuation is that this photo is months old so the National Enquirer (being the National Enquirer and as you said the "home of all truth") has re-hashed an old story because they don't have anything else to print. You started off by saying you didn't know whether it was true yet when someone else brings you evidence to undermine this article you immediately discount it.

And since when do celebs dispute allegations themselves? If you've got a dog you don't go around barking do you?

It has not been my intention to offend anyone and you seem to be annoyed with my post.:confused:

I make no claims whatsoever and haven't been able to find a more recent picture on-line.

I'll think twice before typing my thoughts in future.:eek:
  • Options
    the_phoothe_phoo Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has not been my intention to offend anyone and you seem to be annoyed with my post.:confused:

I make no claims whatsoever and haven't been able to find a more recent picture on-line.

I'll think twice before typing my thoughts in future.:eek:

To be honest DiamondDoll I sometimes find your resonses to other forum members quite curt when in fact people are entitled to their own opinions. I just think a lot of the time you are very matter of fact about things you can't possibly know (unless you are that person or in the least very close). Don't think twice before you post because this is a forum after all and all opinions are welcomed - but just because someone else says something's black and you think it's white doesn't mean either of you are wrong because it's probably grey ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor guy.