Defiance (360/PS3/PC)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The other dlc allows you to upgrade to the content that comes with the deluxe version of the game.

Does that include the season pass too ?. There's not much info about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    I'm thinking of picking this up, is it really worth it?

There's only one way to find out I suppose. Take the plunge and see what you think :). I've never played this kind of game (MMO) before but it's the gaming with friends from here that interests me. If anything, it'll at least be a good laugh.
  • JimallJimall Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    I picked this up on Friday (PS3 version). The first thing that came to mind was that the graphics were a bit ropey - I guess I've been used to slightly more polished games on the PS3 recently. That said, we all know that having amazing graphics doesn't make a good game... on the contrary here.

I spent pretty much the whole day yesterday playing it, I'm really enjoying it. The Arkfall battles (major ones in particular) are crazy! So many other players joining in the battle, very cool.The mini-map is literally covered in little purple dots, which indicate other players. The way that you can do missions and other players can just join in and still get credit is good... reminds me of how Guild Wars 2 works. The Co-Op and Shadow War battles are fun too.

I'm still a little confused with the way some of the items work, for example, I have a few items in my inventory that I can't sell, delete or convert into resources. They're just useless items taking up valuable inventory space.

For those that are wondering what this game is like, a few similarities spring to mind; 1) Earth Defense Force, 2) Guild Wars 2, 3) DC Universe Online.
  • The Special OneThe Special One Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing thats really annoying me at the moment is the lack of a paper manual. With a game like this, with so much going on I thought it was a no brainer. I really dont want to be pausing all the time and going into the menu to look up things.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    I'm inches away from buying this ... How are people finding it now it's been out a week or so? Still non stop playing it or has the sheen of a new game glow gone a bit dull?
  • metanoiametanoia Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jimall wrote: »

I'm still a little confused with the way some of the items work, for example, I have a few items in my inventory that I can't sell, delete or convert into resources. They're just useless items taking up valuable inventory space.

That's because you have them equipped somewhere, unequip the item on ALL loadouts (press triangle on character screen to switch loadouts). You should be able to sell/ breakdown your items now. Bit of a silly bug, should just say it's equipped and ask if you're sure you want to sell/destroy it.
  • logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just found out about this game by reading this thread and i'm very very tempted, keep us updated on how it is, if it's as good as people are saying i will pick it up at the weekend and join the DS fray!
  • orzieorzie Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    is there many in the DS xbox clan yet?
  • JimallJimall Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    metanoia wrote: »
    That's because you have them equipped somewhere, unequip the item on ALL loadouts (press triangle on character screen to switch loadouts). You should be able to sell/ breakdown your items now. Bit of a silly bug, should just say it's equipped and ask if you're sure you want to sell/destroy it.

Thanks for the info, I'll try this tonight. Hopefully this will give me a bit more inventory space :)

Strange thing is, I've only ever used the first loadout (not even pressed triangle on the character screen yet) so not sure how it would have become equipped in another loadout. Interestingly, it doesn't say it's equipped either when you go into Inventory mode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jimall wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, I'll try this tonight. Hopefully this will give me a bit more inventory space :)

Strange thing is, I've only ever used the first loadout (not even pressed triangle on the character screen yet) so not sure how it would have become equipped in another loadout. Interestingly, it doesn't say it's equipped either when you go into Inventory mode.

I think it automatically mirrors your current loadout when you acquire a new one. So the stuff you can't get rid of is probably all the stuff you had eqipped when you hit EGO lvl 50 (or whenever it is you get the 2nd loadout slot).

You should use the other loadouts, especially handy if you run out of ammo mid battle/ark fall, just need to master the quick three button Start, triangle, circle. for quick change.

So it's handy to have different weapon types in the different loadouts. I have Sniper and AR in one and shot gun and infector in the other. You can have different perks assigned to each loadout too.

The 'E' for equipped items only shows up on items equipped to the currently selected loadout.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let us know which format your getting the game on (as the thread is open to all formats) thanks :)

I'm getting it for 360 so looking to add more gamer's who have or are getting this game, to my friends list.

ix Hellstorm x

feel free to send me a FR :)
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    An Xbox 360 smartglass app would have been perfect for this game. You could use it to type messages and to keep an eye on the map.

Think they've missed a trick here.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    orzie wrote: »
    is there many in the DS xbox clan yet?

I'll be adding people tonight if people are about and give others the opportunity to do the same.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you create & play as multiple characters, or are you stuck with just one?

(never played this kind of game before)
  • The Special OneThe Special One Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Can you create & play as multiple characters, or are you stuck with just one?

(never played this kind of game before)

you can make as many as you want as far as i know
    Forum Member
    I'll be adding people tonight if people are about and give others the opportunity to do the same.

I will not be on till late maybe 11 or so
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you can make as many as you want as far as i know

Cheers :)
    Forum Member
    Its great the way trion give 5mins notice when they are taking the servers down for maintenance half way tru a main mission that I will more thank likely have to restart :-(
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be getting it on 360, my gamer-tag is Schmiznurf. I'll post again when I get it and pick my character name.
  • BadbarnetBadbarnet Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Been playing on ps3 for a couple of days.

Enjoying it.
    Its nice meeting others without getting in to a fight!
    There is a competition mode , which I have not played , presumably thats where you can have team deathmatch and other battles?

I still seem to be damaged from fire when I think I have paused the game to change loadouts or sort weapons out.
    Or have I got that wrong?

I also find it complicated in that there are way too many adjustments, perks, power ups etc (IMHO)
    So it takes a while to get use to , but others may find this a positive attribute.

Agree that a paper manual would be a good idea.

BUT it is still a very enjoyable game and I am pleased with puchase and will continue playing it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    I bought this yesterday.

It's ok at the moment a few niggles ... it's not a looker but hey thats forgiven. I HATE the fact there is no storage box or I am missing something? Seriously what are you supposed to do with the loot ... but actually there isn't much loot :p They need to work on this.

But now that's all over I have to say it's pretty good. Ok the quests are pretty generic, but when you have people randomly helping you as they are on the same quest it's pretty fun. But when to many get on screen I've noticed some lag.

All in this could be something pretty good, the devs seems very receptive to those playing and the updates seem to be coming in think and fast, judging by how long it took me to actually start the game ...WARNING put the game in and make something to eat, eat it, wash up all the stuff and you will still probably be waiting for it to install LOL

This could be pretty good with some nice additions later on and a bit of thought towards where they are going with this and what the end player actually wants.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Badbarnet wrote: »

I still seem to be damaged from fire when I think I have paused the game to change loadouts or sort weapons out.
    Or have I got that wrong?

You can't pause, the world outside still goes on when you're in a menu. You need to go somewhere safe, or just listen out for that gunfire or skitterling biting your bum.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    I'll be getting it on 360, my gamer-tag is Schmiznurf. I'll post again when I get it and pick my character name.

I only need your Gamertag. :)

There's a few members in the clan now, I will try and add more as we go on, the other guys should also be able to add new members too but I'm not certain. The more the merrier.
    Its great the way trion give 5mins notice when they are taking the servers down for maintenance half way tru a main mission that I will more thank likely have to restart :-(

Yeah, those 5 minute notifications take the absolute piss. Last night I saw one for 30 minutes so I hope they continue to do that.
  • BadbarnetBadbarnet Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    metanoia wrote: »
    You can't pause, the world outside still goes on when you're in a menu. You need to go somewhere safe, or just listen out for that gunfire or skitterling biting your bum.

Thanks metanola.:)
  • seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can some one send me am xbox clan invite DI sittinduck

Thanks