Local music

tompaynetompayne Posts: 304
Forum Member
Hi I posted in other forums with not much response, so I thought I'd try this one as I have had good responses in the past :)

I have setup a gig guide / online magazine for local live music in Bridgwater, Somerset - what I want to know is what would people on here expect from a local 'webzine' focusing on their local town (Bridgwater is a small rural town pop. c30,000). I have included listings for as many gigs as I could find, reviewed some and previewed some, and I have briefly reviewed some records by local bands.

It is only me, which is a struggle. Is anyone on here involved in a similar project, and how have you gone about promoting it locally? How did you recruit volunteers to review gigs etc?

Its proving popular, I am pleased with the 125+ Facebook likes having launched on the 1st October, and with no budget just word of mouth (and social media).

If any one has any ideas/advice please let me know!

Its not a money making scheme, just a simple way to try and support the local music scene, which I have only just discovered and is under recognised.

www.bridgwaterlive.co.uk