Options

Katie Hopkins Not Joining BGT

Comments

• Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Piers Morgan, David Hasselhoff, Kelly Brook, Carmen Elektra...nope, not convinced by your argument.
    :D

But aren't they all something more than a mere nasty gobshite?

Who could all buy her at one end of the street and sell her at the other, you know
    wealthy successful people?:D
  • Options
    Dextor_MorganDextor_Morgan Posts: 1,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    But aren't they all something more than a mere nasty gobshite?

Who could all buy her at one end of the street and sell her at the other, you know
    wealthy successful people?:D

You do know Piers Morgan? You know, the guy that ran fake photos of POW's supposedly being abused?
    Anyway, I was answering regarding 'talent', nothing to do with wealth or success, but you knew that didn't you anne.
    :)
  • Options
    FlowesFlowes Posts: 6,986
    Forum Member
    Piers Morgan, David Hasselhoff, Kelly Brook, Carmen Elektra...nope, not convinced by your argument.
    :D

Piers Morgan - newspaper editor; chat show on prime time TV and other tv work
    David Hasselhoff - actor; singer
    Kelly Brook - glamour model and tv work
    Carmen Eleckra - don't know her
    Katie Hopkins - Intentionally left blank, tbc
  • Options
    AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    I seem to remember a thread on here where people were assuming the rumour to be true.

The trouble is to be a judge of a talent competition, you would need some kind of talent yourself, which of course, Hopkins has none. Naturally she was never going to be considered.

It was about as credible as the "Luke and Bex to become the new Ant and Dec!" story from days gone by...
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

His put downs are a lot better than hers :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flowes wrote: »
    David Hasselhoff - singer

Straws clutched.:p
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    His put downs are a lot better than hers :cool:

Jimmy Krankies put downs are better than hers - it doesn't take much.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I see you cut the rest of my response out but fact is he was a successful singer in the 80s and I believe that answered your question
  • Options
    Dave_62Dave_62 Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Brilliant from Cowell. I bet Hopkins is desperate to say something nasty in reply but is terrified of him. Turns out she is just another big mouth coward when dealing with someone more powerful than the loose women.
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member

Hmmmm well apparently he sold over 5 million records so that's quite a lot of straws.

Hasselhoff also produced Baywatch, which whilst a load of old crap, "According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Baywatch is the most watched TV show in the world, with over 1.1 billion viewers. "

So with his estimated $100,000,000 fortune from Baywatch royalties (having bought the rights from NBC) he's ever so slightly more successful in the media than Katie Hopkins i'd say, what with her company running at £12,000 loss as stated in her last filed accounts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see you cut the rest of my response out but fact is he was a successful singer in the 80s and I believe that answered your question

Success doesn't equal talent, that was the actual point. The Wombles were a successful band during the 70's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    Hmmmm well apparently he sold over 5 million records so that's quite a lot of straws.

Hasselhoff also produced Baywatch, which whilst a load of old crap, "According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Baywatch is the most watched TV show in the world, with over 1.1 billion viewers. "

So with his estimated $100,000,000 fortune from Baywatch royalties (having bought the rights from NBC) he's ever so slightly more successful in the media than Katie Hopkins i'd say, what with her company running at £12,000 loss as stated in her last filed accounts.

Some very nice fact finding. Where's the bit about talent?
    I never said Katie H was more successful, obviously she isn't, I don't think she's talented either, but that wasn't the point I was making.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Success doesn't equal talent, that was the actual point. The Wombles were a successful band during the 70's.

And I think Mike Batt (aka Wombles) is pretty successful.;-)

ETA and very talented.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You do know Piers Morgan? You know, the guy that ran fake photos of POW's supposedly being abused?
    Anyway, I was answering regarding 'talent', nothing to do with wealth or success, but you knew that didn't you anne.
    :)

I think you're on a losing wicket my friend:D
    KH's talent? Do enlighten me?

Piers Morgan - newspaper editor; chat show on prime time TV and other tv work
    David Hasselhoff - actor; singer
    Kelly Brook - glamour model and tv work
    Carmen Eleckra - don't know her
    Katie Hopkins - Intentionally left blank, tbc

Carmen Electra
    Model
    Tara Leigh Patrick, better known by her stage name Carmen Electra, is an American glamour model, actress, television personality, singer, and dancer.

Kelly Brook is also an actress. All of them with talents some people obviously appreciate and all successful and wealthy from their own endeavours.. Taste is a personal matter. One of talentless, failure, fantasist, KH's favourite jealousy bile spewing targets. Bless!
    Who does this woman actually like? Certainly not herself to be so bitter and twisted. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Extremely successful and talented, maybe The Wombles weren't the best example...:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    KH's talent?

She hasn't got one that I've seen, but I never said she was talented so I don't know why you're asking me? :p
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member

ETA and very talented.

There are 9 million bicycles in Bejing:D

I never knew he was a Womble?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    planets wrote: »

What a talentless nerd he truly is! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She hasn't got one that I've seen, but I never said she was talented so I don't know why you're asking me? :p

Seriously - what do you think she could bring to the show/panel? Do you think her brand of spite/sarcasm is what's needed?
  • Options
    Forum Member

If he hadn't been talented in his chosen profession/s he wouldn't have been successful. We're not talking about someone who is famous for famous sake, he acted, he sang, he had success.

The wombles were successful in the 70s because they were talented at what they did, which at that time were a novelty pop act. I'm not sure why we're talking about the wombles though in relation to judges on BGT.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously - what do you think she could bring to the show/panel? Do you think her brand of spite/sarcasm is what's needed?

She would bring nothing at all, she would be a shit judge. No idea why you think I would welcome her as a judge on BGT?
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Some very nice fact finding. Where's the bit about talent?
    I never said Katie H was more successful, obviously she isn't, I don't think she's talented either, but that wasn't the point I was making.

"the bit about talent" was implicit in the fact that he produced the most watched television programme in the world.
    Since that was too difficult for you to understand, here it is in plain language: by producing the most watched tv programme in the world it makes him a TALENTED producer. He made and sold a product 1.1 billion people enjoyed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She would bring nothing at all, she would be a shit judge. No idea why you think I would welcome her as a judge on BGT?

Apologies - I must have misunderstood.
  • Options
    robborocksrobborocks Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Because you didn't just blindly slate KH, you dared to differ from the group view!! Tut tut.

She would be shite, but as Crowell has employed a racist and a criminal I don't think he'd mind someone who's a bit naughty on twitter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies - I must have misunderstood.

No worries, I may have preferred Hopkins over Perez in the house but she can be a daft cow:D