What boxset are you currently watching?

Comments

• koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who else ends up with the theme tune in their head all day when they watch a box set?

I'm just watching Covert Affairs and it has a really good theme tune, but it's all I can think about.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Lost. It's not the actual boxset, but every single episode was put onto BT Vision.
    First time round, I only watched the first four seasons. I've just finished the fifth season today. It's all very exciting and I'll be sad to finish it - when you watch so much of something, you grow attached to it. I do anyway!
  • highnalhighnal Posts: 2,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True Blood season 3!
  • FlannerzFlannerz Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    Just watched Boardwalk Empire first series on DVD. Very enjoyable, gruesome in parts which I expected, but it was still shocking. More sex than I thought there would be, mind you it is HBO. Fascinating period of time back then, and the costumes etc were excellent. Buscemi and MacDonald and Graham were very well cast.
    Wait till you get onto the second series, the show really goes up a notch
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gilmore girls season 1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gilmore girls season 1

great season :) i'm re watching season 5 at the moment
  • lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if boxset is the right word for it... Does watching seasons on Netflix count? If so, just finished Arrested Development for the first time- OMG... Fox made a huge mistake cancelling that one- Heeeey Brotherrr.

And working my way through Always Sunny in Philadelphia... Very funny too.

But every single comedy show seems to pale in comparison to Arrested Development.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shelley Seasons 3 to 5
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Shelley Seasons 3 to 5

I have 2-5 to watch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 2-5 to watch.

It's great watching it again.

It's almost like the 80s again, what with the recession and benefit bashing.
  • player1player1 Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who else ends up with the theme tune in their head all day when they watch a box set?.
    Not me...as I fast forward through it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Law and Order:CI Series 9

as for the above, surely the benefit of a box set is the ability to FF through about 60-90 secs of titles - unless it 'gets you in the mood' ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How I Met Your Mother season 3.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heroes season 3. I know it goes downhill, but I'm a completist.
  • lost propertylost property Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Just finished re-watching The Wire boxset (dvd). Fantastic and very unique show as I'm sure most would agree.

Now watching Lost and Battlestar Galactica (both blu-ray) again. Just finished the pilot episode of BSG; and starting the second disc of Lost (S1) over the weekend.

Next up will be my dvd boxset of 24. Not much then...:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its saturday, I have time off work, so going to watch The Soprano's all the way through again :)
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Currently renting The Black Donnellys. Cancelled after 1 - brilliant - season, but still worth watching :cool:

Boardwalk Empire next.
  • player1player1 Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back to "Damages" tonight, had viewed S1 & 2 then had a wee break to catch up on the 4 eps of "mad dogs", but it's onwards to S3 now, can't wait, gripping drama
  • Madam PresidentMadam President Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Onto the final season of Prison Break, up to the episode where
    Self double crossed everyone and shot his partner, framing Michael and Lincoln.
  • City2000City2000 Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Just started working my way through The West Wing Season 1, i'm averaging about an episode every two days so far. I'm really enjoying it and wondering why i've never seen it before.

I'm also watching Deadwood Season 1, Prison Break Season 3 and Entourage Season 5 but at a much slower pace, just watching one episode of each show a week for now.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HBO's Oz.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Four episodes into Mad Men season 4. Loving it so far
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    City2000 wrote: »
    Just started working my way through The West Wing Season 1, i'm averaging about an episode every two days so far. I'm really enjoying it and wondering why i've never seen it before.

Another WW watcher here. Doing an episode a day while on my exercise bike. I'm only up to S1 episode 5 so far (I think it was 5 anyway) - the one where Josh gets given the NSA card. Got the full 7 seasons lined up, looking forward to enjoying all those excellent episodes all over again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    Away to start Roseanne S4

Also, working my way through Peep Show on Netflix. Upto S4E5 at the moment.
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just started rewatching Star Cops. VERY lucky to have bought this one back in Feb 2010 - was one of the last in the Network imprint. Now - if 2Entertain were to consider decent hard SF for rerelease... this would be crying out for better than a Network salvage job...